The Falkirk FC Thread

I have very little sympathy for top flight clubs considering the fact that's where all the cash in our game is but would hate to see any clubs in the other 3 leagues going under due to this.

The SPFL have a duty of care to the whole of the game not just that top “elite”.

In unprecedented times I would expect unprecedented share in the financial income. I ain’t holding my breath however

Mcglynn now suggesting that they should just have promotion and no relegation.  What a complete tadger.  Glad to see our guys have kept their own council on this so far instead of spouting out ideas of how the situation can benefit our club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I probably wouldn't buy one because of the utter wangs that run our club, but if this rumbles on past May which is likely, they should start selling season tickets, with each missed week resulting in a credit going on to your ticket for a non ST game like the Cup for example. We split gate receipts there anyway so less of a loss and it might convince folk to buy and keep revenue going into the club.

46 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Unprecedented times, today’s news if interpreted correctly suggests that with 20000 armed forces standing by, there’s a very high probability that this horrendous virus is going to be here a very long time. In my opinion this seasons games will never see light of day, and the new season start may be delayed indefinitely.  Null and void would season would therefore make sense, but as we all know, we don’t normally do common sense. 

Dont mean you here, but the number of absolute melts posting pish from Facebook about the army patrolling the streets and battering f**k out of anyone out past 7pm to me is distressing me. 

50 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Dont mean you here, but the number of absolute melts posting pish from Facebook about the army patrolling the streets and battering f**k out of anyone out past 7pm to me is distressing me. 

You tend to get a lot of SNP conspiracy theorists coming out with such rubbish.

Funnily enough I noticed that the Newmarket Bar and the pub at the west end of the High Street were both busy last night.

Funnily enough I noticed that the Newmarket Bar and the pub at the west end of the High Street were both busy last night.

Are the panic mongers in England SNP conspiracy theorists as well?
Your contributions to this site recently really have been woeful.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

So anyone who comes out with rubbish must be an SNP supporter then?

I genuinely don't think there is a single Falkirk poster on here who is more out of touch with the majority viewpoint - on literally any subject - than you are.

You may want to consider self-isolating from the internet.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You've got to be a troll man 😂

30 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

So anyone who comes out with rubbish must be an SNP supporter then?

I genuinely don't think there is a single Falkirk poster on here who is more out of touch with the majority viewpoint - on literally any subject - than you are.

You may want to consider self-isolating from the internet.

Maybe if you took a look at Wings over Scotland website you would get the picture.

Fact!!

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As I said everyone happy to suggest ways in which this disaster can benefit their own club .  

To be fair it’s the fairest solution with no negative impact on teams. All of the top two in Scottish leagues have a decent gap between them and third. Of course it benefits us as well, I’ll take any solution going that gets us out this hell hole.

ETA. Obviously the fairest way if the league season can’t be completed, imo.

Edited by wee_bairn

38 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dawson Park Boy are you the character formerly known as Dixie Chicken from One F?

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He was tremendous with an independent outlook on most topics.

He never followed the herd.

I wish!!!

Confirmed

A bit off topic, but a couple of nights ago, I downloaded a documentary on the BBC iPlayer. It’s called The Flu That Killed 50 Million”.

It was made in 2018, and at the start, states that the learnings should help everyone if and when another pandemic strikes. It really is a pretty incredible documentary. Seriously worthy of an hour of everyone’s time.

53 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

A bit off topic, but a couple of nights ago, I downloaded a documentary on the BBC iPlayer. It’s called The Flu That Killed 50 Million”.

It was made in 2018, and at the start, states that the learnings should help everyone if and when another pandemic strikes. It really is a pretty incredible documentary. Seriously worthy of an hour of everyone’s time.

Did Hearts get relegated?

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

To be fair it’s the fairest solution with no negative impact on teams. All of the top two in Scottish leagues have a decent gap between them and third. Of course it benefits us as well, I’ll take any solution going that gets us out this hell hole.

ETA. Obviously the fairest way if the league season can’t be completed, 

A decent gap it's only 4 points between 2nd and 3rd in the champ and league one. If you're airdrie or dundee it certainly impacts pretty negatively on them.