The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thought they were flush with cash after the fat lottery winner pumped money into them. Surprised that have the begging bowls out and quite a riddy to be honest.

I may be completely wrong but, as far as I know, the 'fat lottery winner' only put money into their academy. Now that he's passed away, I doubt that his family will want to throw any more cash away?

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I may be completely wrong but, as far as I know, the 'fat lottery winner' only put money into their academy. Now that he's passed away, I doubt that his family will want to throw any more cash away?

Well he bought the club for 2.5 million so that's no just academy investment is it?

29 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

My mates have stopped taking bets on when the club comes out with - Falkirk FC .......................

Going by Dean's statement that's not going to happen. We're in a situation where we can cover any shortfalls and still plan for the new season.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Going by Dean's statement that's not going to happen. We're in a situation where we can cover any shortfalls and still plan for the new season.

Would be nice to see that come from the club officially rather than a blog though, to be fair. I know he's quoted but it should have come out via FFC.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Well he bought the club for 2.5 million so that's no just academy investment is it?

Was that not long before he died? I do remember there being some movement then but wasn't sure what it was about.

5 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I really meant that RR were top of the table at the time the league was stopped and history would record that. By default, they are League 1 winners.

Nah, history would record that they were top of the league when it was stopped but not that they won it.

I really meant that RR were top of the table at the time the league was stopped and history would record that. By default, they are League 1 winners.

Perhaps the reason why I’m not so angry about this is because we have seriously underperformed, and only really have ourselves to blame that we find ourselves in second place....

Gary Deans actually sounding quite well for a member of our board and for once seems to be a bit of leadership from the club on this:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/work-together-get-through-falkirk-chairmans-message-2494378

See Raith have launched a crwodfunding appeal to help them raise 25k to help the club.

Hearts asking players and staff to take a 50 percent pay cut. What a complete riddy.  Have they not shafted their staff enough over the past few seasons. Club is obviously being run in a way that sees no money reserves being put aside for emergency purposes but is instead living on the edge of the brink.  Shambolic stuff from budge who couldnt run the proverbial in a brewery.

11 hours ago, champions said:

If we cant complete the season my preference would be that of Bula bairns, but the fairest option for all teams would be for the season to be declared 'null and void'.  

This financial fall out from this would be horrendous.  League sponsors & TV companies could demand refunds or withhold final payments, loss of revenue from gates & hospitality, and legal action from clubs that have suffered by not going up.  Then of course there is the Celtic factor.

Not a decision to be taken lightly and for the reasons above I think it won't happen.

Gary Deans actually sounding quite well for a member of our board and for once seems to be a bit of leadership from the club on this:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/work-together-get-through-falkirk-chairmans-message-2494378
See Raith have launched a crwodfunding appeal to help them raise 25k to help the club.
First statement from our board in a long time that hasn't made me angry

I think its correct we keep the communication alive throughout this from the governing bodies, however lets see how many teams we have left after this has peaked and make decisions from there, because I'll be stunned if every team makes it out the other side.

I think its correct we keep the communication alive throughout this from the governing bodies, however lets see how many teams we have left after this has peaked and make decisions from there, because I'll be stunned if every team makes it out the other side.

I for one, hope everyone makes it out the other side (well apart from the arse cheeks).
Not much to cheer if we go up due to another clubs financial misfortune....

6 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Morton would be a wee bit funny.

I'm sure that you're joking but there are some Morton fans that would dance on our grave if it happened to us. Let's not drag ourselves down to their level.