The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Which, given the circumstances and what everyone is currently facing in day-to-day life, was a despicable statement from an utter desperado and a position of looking no further than the end of her nose. I sincerely hope our clowns aren't minded to come out with any such verbal diarrhoea.

To be honest after what we have been through over the years in regards to promotion it basically shows how much of c**ts they actually are in that league and it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if they did keep Hearts in the top league. Celtic declared champions the rest of the leagues null and void  just to keep one side of the arsecheeks happy.

Season to be played to a finish by 30th June. Agreed by all football associations

If you look at any chart that the government has published in relation to slowing down the spread of the virus, it’s going to be around its peak in June.
Not a hope in hell of this happening unless there’s a change in strategy. Even then are footballers going to want to fulfil the games in the midst of infections?…

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

Nope, it’s a terrible idea. There are no “oxygen facilities” on planes worthy of the title. There is a small oxygen supply for the pilots, non-pressurized, so it’s useless for a person with a need for forced oxygen, plus it’s a quite limited supply. If you are talking about the emergency oxygen masks in the cabin, that’s even worse. Non-pressurized, exothermic oxygen generating canisters with a effective life of 13-22 minutes. Also, being exothermic, without the plane moving and providing cooling to the canisters (which quickly reach 260 degrees Celsius) you would likely set the aircraft on fire. The net capacity for a single B-737 would be about 18-20 hours of low pressure oxygen, with no delivery system and an aircraft turned into a puddle of melted aluminium.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nope, it’s a terrible idea. There are no “oxygen facilities” on planes worthy of the title. There is a small oxygen supply for the pilots, non-pressurized, so it’s useless for a person with a need for forced oxygen, plus it’s a quite limited supply. If you are talking about the emergency oxygen masks in the cabin, that’s even worse. Non-pressurized, exothermic oxygen generating canisters with a effective life of 13-22 minutes. Also, being exothermic, without the plane moving and providing cooling to the canisters (which quickly reach 260 degrees Celsius) you would likely set the aircraft on fire. The net capacity for a single B-737 would be about 18-20 hours of low pressure oxygen, with no delivery system and an aircraft turned into a puddle of melted aluminium.

Wow - great technical response.

Fair enough. Out of interest, with your knowledge do you have any ‘off the wall’ ideas which might prove helpful?

12 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

I just can't see any football being played for at least 6 months now... Best option for me would be to confirm all current league leaders as champions and...

• Promote all 2nd placed teams 
  • Promote Brora and Kelty
  • Scrap relegations 
  • Giving a 14,10,10,10

There's no right or wrong answer obviously but with football not being able to be played for months the above scenario would at least give some clarity and go someway to minimising the financial hit.

Could then revert back to 12,10,10,10 at some date way in the future...   

I wouldn't bother announcing anyone as champions. Will just cause grief. Just divvy the prize money as normal and carry out the reconstruction. Calling teams champions of unfinished leagues would cause more bother than it's worth.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wouldn't bother announcing anyone as champions. Will just cause grief. Just divvy the prize money as normal and carry out the reconstruction. Calling teams champions of unfinished leagues would cause more bother than it's worth.

Nobody knows when football will start again. When it does clubs complete the league fixtures therefore completing the season. We are talking about 2 games a week for 4-5 weeks. Not a long time in the scheme of things. It will make the season complete and put beyond disputing Champions , relegation.

Clubs could easily play 5 games over a 2 week period if required - 

Saturday 1

Monday 1

Thursday 1

Sunday 2

Wednesday 2

Saturday 3 (repeat previous pattern)

You can then do he playoffs in 9 days - Saturday 1 to Sunday 2. 

Not perfect but if the remaining league games need completed quickly then its the simplest solution.

Edited by Junior Pub League

4 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Saturday 1

Monday 1

Thursday 1

Sunday 2

Wednesday 2

Not perfect but if the remaining league games need completed quickly then its the simplest solution.

Even better than that, let’s make them play all the games on one day. Be like an u9 footy tournament. Great idea mate. 

28 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Saturday 1

Monday 1

Thursday 1

Sunday 2

Wednesday 2

Interesting idea with maybe increased substitutes.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wow - great technical response.

Fair enough. Out of interest, with your knowledge do you have any ‘off the wall’ ideas which might prove helpful?

Ask that on a professional medical forum and be bombarded with abuse about how it’s already been considered?

1 hour ago, Junior Pub League said:

Saturday 1

Monday 1

Thursday 1

Sunday 2

Wednesday 2

Show them all the impossible schedule of 3rd 4th in the championship is !!

For me we are at the Shaun of the dead mode, no one fully knows wtf is gonna happen and only time will tell.

go-to-the-winchester-have-a-pint-and-wait-for-6599498.png

Oh aye, hands up here - forgot the Premier/Champ playoff is a complete farce to favour the Premier team. 

Taking that into account, and sorry but the Championship teams still get shafted, it is feasible to finish the season for the bottom 3 tiers in around 4 weeks and a couple of days. If things need to be finished before the end of June then what other options are going to be available?

Uefa have stated that leagues must be completed by June 30th. 

The reality is that most players will be contracted until 1 June so unless games could be played before that then it's not happening.  

So it seems ti me that playing the remaining games is a complete non starter which we should probably forget about.  There is no way the FA down south won't declare Liverpool champions or declare the season void.  The SFA will follow suit.  

For me the most likely outcome is no more football, RR declared league 1 champions and play offs scrapped.  Hearts can challenge all they like but it'll get them nowhere and cost a heap of money.    We will spend another season in League 1, battling Partick and Cove for the automatic place.  

The only way out of this I see is if a team currently above us in the pyramid goes out of business.  Reconstruction without that is highly unlikely .   

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For me the most likely outcome is no more football, RR declared league 1 champions and play offs scrapped.  Hearts can challenge all they like but it'll get them nowhere and cost a heap of money.    We will spend another season in League 1, battling Partick and Cove for the automatic place.  

The only way out of this I see is if a team currently above us in the pyramid goes out of business.  Reconstruction without that is highly unlikely .   

Madness how folk are just accepting this. RR are 1 point above us, with 8 games to go and have had the luxury of playing us twice at home.

Hearts have every right to challenge their case as well.

My opinion is that the season will be declared 'null and void' with CFC, DUFC, RR and Cove all champions on paper for the history books.

I think Hearts were always going to complain about relegation, the same with Partick. The legal action will simply hold up the whole process even further (remember team X fiasco). I noticed Rangers want the season decided after the half the season was completed, is this because Rangers were top at this point? I can't be arsed checking straight away!

On league reconstruction, I've always though 2 leagues of 20 would give our teams a good balance but nobody I've ever spoken to thinks it's a good idea.

** All I can find is Celtic top with with 42 points after 20 games and Rangers played a game more (21) with 42 points - BBC website**

Edited by Albertobotswana

14 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

My opinion is that the season will be declared 'null and void' with CFC, DUFC, RR and Cove all champions on paper for the history books.

I think Hearts were always going to complain about relegation, the same with Partick. The legal action will simply hold up the whole process even further (remember team X fiasco). I noticed Rangers want the season decided after the half the season was completed, is this because Rangers were top at this point? I can't be arsed checking straight away!

On league reconstruction, I've always though 2 leagues of 20 would give our teams a good balance but nobody I've ever spoken to thinks it's a good idea.

** All I can find is Celtic top with with 42 points after 20 games and Rangers played a game more (21) with 42 points - BBC website**

You can't have a team declared as champions if the season is 'null and void'

41 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Championship side Partick Thistle have joined League One leaders Raith Rovers in appealing to fans for donations to get through the coronavirus crisis.

Fans of the Maryhill club have set up a page with a target to raise £20,000, while Rovers are aiming for £25,000.

Thistle cited a "potentially significant loss of income" due to the suspension of the season.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster has already warned of "dire financial consequences" for clubs.

Partick Thistle, who currently sit bottom of the Championship with nine games remaining, say they have a "strong financial base" but face "uncertainty" with no income from matches for the foreseeable future.

Watch this Space 

Thought they were flush with cash after the fat lottery winner pumped money into them. Surprised that have the begging bowls out and quite a riddy to be honest.