The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

You may well be correct but I just think we should at least consider the alternative.

Like most things in life, there are swings and roundabouts, and we must weigh up the pros and cons of all the possible strategies.

No point in just ‘following the herd’, no matter how qualified they may be.

There needs to be an open debate on this.

Yeah, we should make sure that everyone has a valid input into how to manage this, regardless of their qualification.  You are certainly as valuable as anyone who has spent a lifetime studying contagion.  After all, you read a letter in the Telegraph. 

I think we've all had enough of experts.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, here goes. I expect to get bucket loads of shit but there comes a time when, someone needs to speak up.

I was struck by a letter in Saturdays Telegraph by a 93 year old retired GP who stated that in the 50s and 60s nobody would have known anything about coronovirus and the uptick in flu and related deaths would have been put down to a ‘bad year’. There would have been no disruption to normal life, no stock market crash, no businesses going burst, no millions of redundancies. Basically life would have gone on with a higher than normal death rate.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the number of deaths don’t seem to be all that high.
I appreciate that the main reason for the restrictions is to alleviate the pressure on the NHS but surely we could bring in emergency premises.

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives.

I am 75.

So you don't think it's worth it to temporarily change the way you do some things just to save a few lives.   That's what a sociopath might say.  One of those lives might be mine or someone you are related to you.    Shame on you but then I doubt if you will be capable of that emotion.   My partner and I have just started isolation because we show some symptoms, not just to protect us BUT TO AVOID GIVING IT TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU.   I come into contact with older people in my job everyday and I care they are not put at risk.  I have a low paid job and this will screw up our finances dramatically but I care for my fellow human beings, especially the vulnerable ones.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

No there doesn't, that's how stupid misinformation such as "the death rate isn't that high" gets trotted out by morons like you.
This. UK saying today they hope to limit deaths to 20,000. that's just in the UK. Let's hope he or someone he loves isn't in this 20,000.

This is not the flu either. the death rate is 10x higher, there is no vaccination and there are nowhere near enough ventilators or beds.

you only have to look on here BPM has had it, I've been self isolating as has long suffering bairn. this is unprecedented in our lifetime and needs positive input.

33 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This. UK saying today they hope to limit deaths to 20,000. that's just in the UK. Let's hope he or someone he loves isn't in this 20,000.

This is not the flu either. the death rate is 10x higher, there is no vaccination and there are nowhere near enough ventilators or beds.

you only have to look on here BPM has had it, I've been self isolating as has long suffering bairn. this is unprecedented in our lifetime and needs positive input.

Calm down

I appreciate your situation but I’m just suggesting that some other strategies are worthy of looking into.

People losing their livelihoods is also very devastating and must be considered.

Anyway, all the best to you and your family.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, here goes. I expect to get bucket loads of shit but there comes a time when, someone needs to speak up.

I was struck by a letter in Saturdays Telegraph by a 93 year old retired GP who stated that in the 50s and 60s nobody would have known anything about coronovirus and the uptick in flu and related deaths would have been put down to a ‘bad year’. There would have been no disruption to normal life, no stock market crash, no businesses going burst, no millions of redundancies. Basically life would have gone on with a higher than normal death rate.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the number of deaths don’t seem to be all that high.
I appreciate that the main reason for the restrictions is to alleviate the pressure on the NHS but surely we could bring in emergency premises.

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives.

I am 75.

As long as the 'few lives' aren't you or any of your loved ones, then that's okay by you.

Do you have to work hard at being this heartless or does it come naturally?.

16 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

As long as the 'few lives' aren't you or any of your loved ones, then that's okay by you.

Do you have to work hard at being this heartless or does it come naturally?.

Please read what I said to BoA.

I am in the front line so what you are saying is nonsense.

You seem to refuse to look at anything other than the perceived wisdom.

STV now reporting that all outstanding games to be played by 30th June. Another stupid deadline as we don’t know anything about this Pandemic easing. However positive news 

Lex Miller in the goal
Gary Deans at right back
Colin Liddell with the magic sponge

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Lex Miller in the goal
Gary Deans at right back
Colin Liddell with the magic sponge

Ha, ha. You must be feeling a bit better? Glad to see that you're over the worst and hopefully get home soon.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Please read what I said to BoA.

I am in the front line so what you are saying is nonsense.

You seem to refuse to look at anything other than the perceived wisdom.

What you are saying is verging on insanity.

Your argument is essentially, 'some people are going to die anyway, we are just as well going about our business.'

You don't seem to be connecting that dots at all.

When you say 'At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives', you don't seem aware that if we 'do not trash our way of life' then the 'few lives' that you don't give a shit about, will be tens of thousands of lives.

The whole point of the emergency measures is to keep the death toll as low as possible.

If we followed your opinion the death toll would be horrendous.

People are just shocked at your callousness, even if it was 'just a few deaths', you really should have chosen your words a lot more carefully.

For what it is worth, I sincerely hope you and all your loved ones are safe and do not suffer at all.

What you are saying is verging on insanity.
Your argument is essentially, 'some people are going to die anyway, we are just as well going about our business.'
You don't seem to be connecting that dots at all.
When you say 'At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives', you don't seem aware that if we 'do not trash our way of life' then the 'few lives' that you don't give a shit about, will be tens of thousands of lives.
The whole point of the emergency measures is to keep the death toll as low as possible.
If we followed your opinion the death toll would be horrendous.
People are just shocked at your callousness, even if it was 'just a few deaths', you really should have chosen your words a lot more carefully.
For what it is worth, I sincerely hope you and all your loved ones are safe and do not suffer at all.

He seems to think Russian Roulette with this thing is acceptable

7 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am 75.

^^^^^^^^
Bricking it incase the h*n rats die twice in his lifetime.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Reading the BBC spirts page:

The Scottish FA says it is "committed" to finishing the Scottish Cup and its preference is for the season as a whole to be completed.

Probably nothing but the wording “ preference “ worrying? Get that we’re in unprecedented times, and the dates questionable, but something more sinister behind the statement ?

Think it's the fact nobody has any idea what tommorow will look like, never mind June. 

I just can't see any football being played for at least 6 months now... Best option for me would be to confirm all current league leaders as champions and...

• Promote all 2nd placed teams 
  • Promote Brora and Kelty
  • Scrap relegations 
  • Giving a 14,10,10,10

There's no right or wrong answer obviously but with football not being able to be played for months the above scenario would at least give some clarity and go someway to minimising the financial hit.

Could then revert back to 12,10,10,10 at some date way in the future...   

16 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

I just can't see any football being played for at least 6 months now... Best option for me would be to confirm all current league leaders as champions and...

• Promote all 2nd placed teams 
  • Promote Brora and Kelty
  • Scrap relegations 
  • Giving a 14,10,10,10

There's no right or wrong answer obviously but with football not being able to be played for months the above scenario would at least give some clarity and go someway to minimising the financial hit.

Could then revert back to 12,10,10,10 at some date way in the future...   

Thats what Partick Thistle proposed the Premiership has already stated they will not reconstruct the league and Hearts have already said that any moves to relegate them will be taken to court.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Hearts have already said that any moves to relegate them will be taken to court.

Which, given the circumstances and what everyone is currently facing in day-to-day life, was a despicable statement from an utter desperado and a position of looking no further than the end of her nose. I sincerely hope our clowns aren't minded to come out with any such verbal diarrhoea.