The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

I have never spent a night in hospital until this week.

I have contracted COVID 19 and I am in a high dependancy unit in hospital.

This is not agist this diseases.

We've probably crossed swords in the past, but I want to wish you the speediest possible recovery. Hope your family stay safe and healthy too.

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Just a cut and paste job from the SPFL/SFA, would be good to see some sort of Falkirk specific update.

Not the time to panic but there must be huge concerns at the club regarding the effect of this virus.

It is a real possibility there will be no more football this season and maybe no more games or income until around perhaps September. I would also say it's a stick on the concerts at TFS will be cancelled , which I'd imagine is a large income we had budgeted for.

A bit of realism and a contingency plan  would be good but I do appreciate these are extremely difficult times and no-one is experienced in dealing with this. Hopefully the club are working on this now. Sorry if this is doom and gloom but we are where we are and need to deal with it, the UK as a whole seem to have been slow to react. 

Just a cut and paste job from the SPFL/SFA, would be good to see some sort of Falkirk specific update.

Not the time to panic but there must be huge concerns at the club regarding the effect of this virus.

It is a real possibility there will be no more football this season and maybe no more games or income until around perhaps September. I would also say it's a stick on the concerts at TFS will be cancelled , which I'd imagine is a large income we had budgeted for.

A bit of realism and a contingency plan  would be good but I do appreciate these are extremely difficult times and no-one is experienced in dealing with this. Hopefully the club are working on this now. Sorry if this is doom and gloom but we are where we are and need to deal with it, the UK as a whole seem to have been slow to react. 

Good point re the concerts. I’d forgotten about the potential income from them disappearing too...

9 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Totally agree we should amalgamate, however we should follow the lead of bigger clubs, let Celtic and Rangers amalgamate first, we'd have a giant of a team playing in Scotland's biggest city in front of 100,000 to 120,000 every other week, they could compete with the best in Europe and it would solve at lot of the socially divisive issues in Scotland, once they've done it then clubs like Falkirk and the shire could follow....

or they could be playing in front of nobody because the bigots refuse to go and watch this new amalgamated club?

Alternatively, in their place, they could have supporters like this one.

Image result for half rangers half celtic shirt

Edited by Bairn in Exile

These are unprecedented times, which will see the highest court in football instruct our SFA/SPFL with guidance on what should be implemented during this horrendous period when half the world is nearing complete lockdown.
Not sure what the guidance or instructions will be, but it’s clear that this virus has been grossly underestimated and with the governments latest information, it’s clear that this virus will be with us for a long time.  

There have been several experts saying that they hope to see the “curve” flattening in around 3/4 months. In my opinion that’s extreme optimism, and I suspect that it’s going to be a hellava lot more than the quoted period. Not just football but all sports will be under severe pressures.
I have no factual information on the financial position of our 38 clubs, but like thousand of businesses I suspect many clubs will simply run out of cash very soon or if not already and without serious injection of monies, clubs will fold. 
Unchartered territories for all clubs, and regardless of whatever is decided today, it’s clear there’s going to be no football for the foreseeable future.  Unfortunately like many businesses I expect that a large amount of footballers will be released or/and contracts ripped up very soon.
No doubt our SPL will look after themselves and I see Hearts & Rangers already threatening dummies out the pram if they don’t get the season finished, some things never change.....

Reading the guidance issued by Uefa to the Scottish league the likely outcome is that if no more games are played then we can bump our gums all we want but the league title is likely to be handed to RR and the playoffs could conceivably be cancelled!

Hiya mate. Really sad to hear this. I know this is a faceless football forum but you do get to know people a bit and enjoy reading their often informed views.
I hope you get better soon and are able to return home.
Best wishes - GB.

Seems like I am on the mend now

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Personally I think your on the money, still think that if it goes that way, it takes the blame away from the terrible, unacceptable leadership by our BOD MSG, and if we don’t go under at least another year or possibly more in the lower leagues to look forward to.  The only positive I can see is that many of the imposters wont be there ( well hoping )

One of the proposals funnily enough from Partick Thistle was the top 2 in each league get promoted the Premiership runs with 2 extra teams for a year then revert back to the same.  Hearts looking to challenge any decision on them being relegated in the courts.

I am having to self isolate, having some of the symptoms.   Probably a winter illness but both myself and my partner are in a high-risk group and have poor general health at the best of times.   Take care of yourselves and your families.  xx

54 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

One of the proposals funnily enough from Partick Thistle was the top 2 in each league get promoted the Premiership runs with 2 extra teams for a year then revert back to the same.  Hearts looking to challenge any decision on them being relegated in the courts.

It is an option but here is another.

REASONING. We do not know if there will be a football season 2020-21 or if there is when it starts.

PROPOSAL. Season suspended. Remaining games played to complete the season when the situation allowed. That would be 2 games a week for 4 - 5 weeks at the most. Agreed closedown to allow for the usual transfer window and closed season comings and goings. Season then restarts and if required the season runs in to the summer months in 2021. It would be an experiment into the benefits of summer football.

ADVANTAGES. Fair and reasonable to all.

DISADVANTAGES. Cannot see any.

Any comments folks ? just a suggestion.

Okay, here goes. I expect to get bucket loads of shit but there comes a time when, someone needs to speak up.

I was struck by a letter in Saturdays Telegraph by a 93 year old retired GP who stated that in the 50s and 60s nobody would have known anything about coronovirus and the uptick in flu and related deaths would have been put down to a ‘bad year’. There would have been no disruption to normal life, no stock market crash, no businesses going burst, no millions of redundancies. Basically life would have gone on with a higher than normal death rate.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the number of deaths don’t seem to be all that high.
I appreciate that the main reason for the restrictions is to alleviate the pressure on the NHS but surely we could bring in emergency premises.

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives.

I am 75.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, here goes. I expect to get bucket loads of shit but there comes a time when, someone needs to speak up.

I was struck by a letter in Saturdays Telegraph by a 93 year old retired GP who stated that in the 50s and 60s nobody would have known anything about coronovirus and the uptick in flu and related deaths would have been put down to a ‘bad year’. There would have been no disruption to normal life, no stock market crash, no businesses going burst, no millions of redundancies. Basically life would have gone on with a higher than normal death rate.

Maybe I’m missing something, but the number of deaths don’t seem to be all that high.
I appreciate that the main reason for the restrictions is to alleviate the pressure on the NHS but surely we could bring in emergency premises.

I thought the idea of bringing in to service grounded planes to use their oxygen facilities is worth considering.

At the end of the day, I just don’t think it’s worth trashing our way of life to save a few lives.

I am 75.

And who caused the NHS to be so badly prepared and under funded? Your beloved Tory Party, that's who.

You can bet your mortgage that whatever happens it will be something that kicks FFC right in the hee-haws.

Whatever solution is found, FFC will be in the worst possible situation for being promoted.

One going up and one going down from each  league and no play-offs is what I see happening.

They've already ruled out league reconstruction other than Celtic then all the other teams  basically still have something to play for, null and void the season if we cant get it started before August.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am 75.

What a massive c**t. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am 75.

I can understand your train of thought the biggest issue is it doesnt matter how long a life you have lived or what age you are no one wants to lose a loved one. Some people have not or will never see that age.  If you look at the stats 17000 people in the England died of the flu or flu like symptoms last year appreciate we are nowhere near those stats but the fact this is highly contagious and doesnt matter what your fitness level or age you are it can still kill.

The biggest thing is we still do not know how its spread which is why we are at the place we are at at present so would intend to go with carry on as normal as much as you can but mitigate the circumstances where you are exposing yourself to it.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I am 75.

COVID19 has significantly higher mortality rate than the flu. Unlike the flu you can be contagious for weeks without developing symptoms, nobody is immune to the virus, and there’s no vaccine — so many more people will end up catching it than those who catch the flu if we don’t act.

There's potential for enormous chunks of the population needing medical care at once. Larbert hospital for example doesn’t have the space (860 beds), equipment, or staffing to have thousands of people in A+E at once. With the Falkirk areas 65-75+ population of 30,000, even 1%+ of that is going to be a disaster resource wise.

People with coronavirus or normal flu who would otherwise survive will die because there isn’t space for them, or there’s a delay in getting the necessary treatment. Another factor is people with unrelated problems who aren't able to get treated.

It's absolutely worth it for this sustained period of battening down the hatches to save lives and help the NHS. America for example If the worst-case estimates do happen, over 1.5 million Americans die from COVID19.

America and Britain's total civilian and military loss over WW2? — 870,300 people

Keep Calm and Carry On though eh! 🇬🇧

Edited by superandy_07

6 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

COVID19 has significantly higher mortality rate than the flu. Unlike the flu you can be contagious for weeks without developing symptoms, nobody is immune to the virus, and there’s no vaccine — so many more people will end up catching it than those who catch the flu if we don’t act.

There's potential for enormous chunks of the population needing medical care at once. Larbert hospital for example doesn’t have the space (860 beds), equipment, or staffing to have thousands of people in A+E at once. With the Falkirk areas 65-75+ population of 30,000, even 1%+ of that is going to be a disaster resource wise.

People with coronavirus or normal flu who would otherwise survive will die because there isn’t space for them, or there’s a delay in getting the necessary treatment. Another factor is people with unrelated problems who aren't able to get treated.

It's absolutely worth it for this sustained period of battening down the hatches to save lives and help the NHS. America for example If the worst-case estimates do happen, over 1.5 million Americans die from COVID19.

America and Britain's total civilian and military loss over WW2? — 870,300 people

Keep Calm and Carry On though eh! 🇬🇧

You may well be correct but I just think we should at least consider the alternative.

Like most things in life, there are swings and roundabouts, and we must weigh up the pros and cons of all the possible strategies.

No point in just ‘following the herd’, no matter how qualified they may be.

There needs to be an open debate on this.