The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

I have never spent a night in hospital until this week.

I have contracted COVID 19 and I am in a high dependancy unit in hospital.

This is not agist this diseases.

Get well soon, hopefully you're through the worst of it.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

Hope you make a speedy recovery. 

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Did you notice the little item tucked away on page 7 of the 2019 Financial Report? FFC paid South Stand Development Company (Sandy Alexander) £75,000 in rent in 2018 and 2019, but now shows owing SSDC £22,500 at the end of 2019 versus nil in the 2018 report. Does anyone know what the club pays Falkirk Council in rent? The Council’s investment in TFS is technically at least £4M, as of 2008, so it wouldn’t be an easy sum to raise to buy them out.

It would reasonable to expect that the rent of the main stand would be in the 100k mark then. So lets be generous and say FFC pays 150k per year just to occupy the stadium. Add onto that additional costs like paying stadium employees that are seconded to FFC for maintenance and match day activities. You can be sure there will be a hefty mark up on every individual. Bottom line 175k or as near as does not matter to the council plus yearly increases due to inflation.

So do the sums  regarding how many years since we moved to the community stadium and you get reason why FFC has to by the complex.

That 175k per year could go on paying the interest on the loan that obtained ownership outright.

True story today - I was in Curry’s in the retail park and saw Gregor Buchanan with his young family. 5 minutes later - I see Lex Miller in TX Maxx. I then see them bump into each other. I have to go up and hear a snippet of their conversation but not too close and just a wee 30 secs or so. The only thing I caught, apart from one woman saying “the worlds gone mad” is Miller saying twice “I’ll have to cancel your contract”,  in jest, kind of, and Buchanan sheepishly tapping him on the arm. The main reason me writing about this, other than me being in the right place at the right time, is that Miller did appear to be a bit of a fud!

Nothing new !

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shire - Stenhousemuir - Falkirk amalgamate. Controversial but with clubs facing the brink some may think the unthinkable. The Angus clubs for example may go that way to avoid them all folding.

No problem with this at all as long as we are called Falkirk FC, our nickname is The Bairns, we play in navy blue and white, our ground is in Falkirk and our club crest looks like the one below. Oh, nearly forgot: And we still hate Scumfermline. COYB.

Image result for falkirk fc

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am under 70.

Hiya mate. Really sad to hear this. I know this is a faceless football forum but you do get to know people a bit and enjoy reading their often informed views.

I hope you get better soon and are able to return home.

Best wishes - GB.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Shire - Stenhousemuir - Falkirk amalgamate. Controversial but with clubs facing the brink some may think the unthinkable. The Angus clubs for example may go that way to avoid them all folding.

Totally agree we should amalgamate, however we should follow the lead of bigger clubs, let Celtic and Rangers amalgamate first, we'd have a giant of a team playing in Scotland's biggest city in front of 100,000 to 120,000 every other week, they could compete with the best in Europe and it would solve at lot of the socially divisive issues in Scotland, once they've done it then clubs like Falkirk and the shire could follow....