The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Have the same thought, it’s the easy way out for the self preservation society. Keeps all existing sponsorships and probably enough to cover the loss of Dundee Utd, coming up. 
Returning from Glasgow heard on radio, this scenario being discussed . Not that I’m a closet Utd fan, but with them so far out in front, what a kick in the balls to fail at this horrible situation/time.

Its no different to the kick in the balls we had when we should have been promoted.

Still think the best move is to carry on and let folks get it and take the consequences.
All the alternatives seem fairly useless.

I try and avoid responding to your posts however this and the previous one you posted on the subject I find utterly offensive.

I'm in my forties and currently have pneumonia as does my wife. we are both deemed high risk through no fault of our own. one of my best mates was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago and was operated on yesterday he is rightly worried about catching it. another friend has diabetes another heart issues, none of these people are old none have self inflicted. your attitude us if they get it they get it...maybe reducing the surplus population for folk like you eh? (copyright Charles Dickens)

Way i see it the only way i could sort of imagine it playing out IF they ended the season early is IF Raith go up then the play offs would have to go to a sort of pools panel decision on how they reckon who would win in a play off game between ourselves and QotS.  Given the decisions that have went our way in the past regarding promotion i reckon that wouldn't play out any differently and we would end up another season in the seaside league.

18 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I try and avoid responding to your posts however this and the previous one you posted on the subject I find utterly offensive.

I'm in my forties and currently have pneumonia as does my wife. we are both deemed high risk through no fault of our own. one of my best mates was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago and was operated on yesterday he is rightly worried about catching it. another friend has diabetes another heart issues, none of these people are old none have self inflicted. your attitude us if they get it they get it...maybe reducing the surplus population for folk like you eh? (copyright Charles Dickens)

I’m sorry about your family and friends but obviously you must take special precautions because of your personal circumstances.

However, the experts seem to think that banning football matches won’t do much good.

It’s therefore a situation which is worthy of debate bearing in mind we’re all responsible for our own health and well-being.

Best wishes to you and your wife and friends.
There are unbelievable levels of ignorance appearing all over the place just now.
I’m finding the UK government stance quite astonishing, high risk and in conflict with just about every other country. Although given what’s happening in the stock market just now, perhaps I shouldn’t.
Frankly if anyone believes that it’s a good idea to carry on regardless and take next to no action (other than wash your hands [emoji16]), I reckon you must be pretty stupid.
I’m even annoyed at the Scottish Government stance on waiting till Monday to enforce large crowd ban, probably on the basis that there’s a big Europa League game tonight and an arsecheek game on Sunday.
Ach well, from the country that gave you Brexit and mass embarrassment.....

In all honesty i dont think anyone really knows how to deal with this watched Boris earlier said we are 4 weeks behind Italy and its expected and something along the lines of try and stay 2m away from anyone infected , and that containing it would only have worked if all countries went on lockdown in a global scale.

The worst part of this is how contagious it actually is and how deadly it can  be/is

Best wishes to you and your wife and friends.
There are unbelievable levels of ignorance appearing all over the place just now.
I’m finding the UK government stance quite astonishing, high risk and in conflict with just about every other country. Although given what’s happening in the stock market just now, perhaps I shouldn’t.
Frankly if anyone believes that it’s a good idea to carry on regardless and take next to no action (other than wash your hands [emoji16]), I reckon you must be pretty stupid.
I’m even annoyed at the Scottish Government stance on waiting till Monday to enforce large crowd ban, probably on the basis that there’s a big Europa League game tonight and an arsecheek game on Sunday.
Ach well, from the country that gave you Brexit and mass embarrassment.....
The scottish government aren't enforcing it though, the wording is recommending / advising. Don't see how you can class football games in league one as mass gatherings but schools, supermarkets shops etc as not mass gatherings

The scottish government aren't enforcing it though, the wording is recommending / advising. Don't see how you can class football games in league one as mass gatherings but schools, supermarkets shops etc as not mass gatherings

I can just about see some warped logic in the decision to keep schools open.
However, it’s the fact that most other countries are taking a consistent stance which is the 180 degree opposite of ours.
It looks like these 2 Chief Scientific Officers are bigger experts than their equivalent in just about every other country in the world.
Or more likely they will be the two stooges where good old Boris lays blame when this stance is shown for the charade that it is.....

Ps. Just noticed that a Man City player is now self isolating as suspected of catching the virus. Does anyone really believe we can complete this season behind closed doors?

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is a dangerous illness. Football matches, concerts etc etc mean f**k all. Public health should be the only consideration

Spot on. These are serious times. 22 guys kicking a ball about a bit of grass isn't important at all in the grand scheme of things. Bit of perspective  required.

Edited by Musketeer Gripweed

Apparently, the scientific advice is that banning large events doesn’t do any good but it stops the use of ambulances, etc. Being required.
Cant remember the last time that an ambulance was called to FFC?
It won't make a significant difference I think its the exact phrasing.

Lots of events have emergency services standing by and further, like this weekend's OF game for example, require further significant resource to deal with the fall out after.

I can just about see some warped logic in the decision to keep schools open.
However, it’s the fact that most other countries are taking a consistent stance which is the 180 degree opposite of ours.
It looks like these 2 Chief Scientific Officers are bigger experts than their equivalent in just about every other country in the world.
Or more likely they will be the two stooges where good old Boris lays blame when this stance is shown for the charade that it is.....

Ps. Just noticed that a Man City player is now self isolating as suspected of catching the virus. Does anyone really believe we can complete this season behind closed doors?
Word seems to be that scottish schools will be closed by this time next week.

Yep, it’s definitely in the Scottish Government action plan for the delay phase. Although given Westminster’s perspective, who knows anything?… 
Thankfully for us it's not up to boris and the stiff upper lip Dunkirk spirit and all that lot.

Spot on. These are serious times. 22 guys kicking a ball about a bit of grass isn't important at all in the grand scheme of things. Bit of perspective  required.

These absolute clowns in charge of our club trying to sell hospitality for a game on March 21st when they should be actively lobbying to get the game shut down for a period till we get a grip of this thing. It show the only thing of any interest is cash. All our phoney community pish is shown up for what it is - a sham.

I could understand the UK and Scottish governments stance if we were testing everyone coming into the country but that doesn’t seem to be the case. The country should have gone into full lock down till the end of March to give us a chance to stop the spreading.

I am not concerned for myself but I am for the older members of society.

These absolute clowns in charge of our club trying to sell hospitality for a game on March 21st when they should be actively lobbying to get the game shut down for a period till we get a grip of this thing. It show the only thing of any interest is cash. All our phoney community pish is shown up for what it is - a sham.

Spectacularly stupid even by the standards we have come to expect from FFC.
If there is a way to make an arse of themselves they will find it.