The Falkirk FC Thread

If it wasn’t for the players likely getting ill, closed games could likely be either streamed or recorded and then broadcast by the expedient of staggering game times/days and using all the sports and news networks cameras/operators spread out one to a pitch.

The government compensates the teams based upon average attendance and food/drink revenue thus far and pays the networks costs, the teams pay staff to stay home like they were there working, and all games are broadcast free. Gives people something to do while staying in, keeps people paid, possibly boosts attendance next year.

Teams with broadcasting ability use their setup and team, home or away, but the volunteers get compensated and travel costs paid too.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Listening to different tv channels, what a Fck.... shambles across the world. It’s a bit like put your left leg in, put your left leg out, and shake it all about. Mixed messages about every aspect of this virus, from touching and washing  your d.... to keeping a metre between fellow human. Just listened to an Austrian expert who’s just said that masks are useless. Surgeon saying any crowds of 500 ? Why is that different from a busy city centre pub ? Or a Falkirk pub that is packed out ( Footy days )

If Scottish government is going to implement that’s our season over. As posted can’t see anyone with the capabilities to live screen to so many people without systems crashing. 

It as now gone beyond sport.   If medical advise is to end the season - then that is what should happen.

39 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Still think the best move is to carry on and let folks get it and take the consequences.

All the alternatives seem fairly useless.

Do you have any sort of qualifications in infectious diseases?

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Boris is banning games in England.
Is it just in Scotland?
maybe someone can clear this up?
No, boris hasn't done similar, yet. I reckon he places a similar value on human health as you though.

To answer someone else, no games cancelled this weekend as there is no need to reduce the load on front line services this weekend. That's in the post though, hence taking the decision now so people can get organised.

22 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

No, boris hasn't done similar, yet. I reckon he places a similar value on human health as you though.

To answer someone else, no games cancelled this weekend as there is no need to reduce the load on front line services this weekend. That's in the post though, hence taking the decision now so people can get organised.

If all that happens is that people pack in to pubs, then that will be much worse.

Ending the season early will be a tempting option for the top flight. This will, of course, be accompanied by a statement that there will be no relegation or promotion. It’s a great way for the top flight to keep Hearts safe and sound.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think Boris is banning games in England.

Is it just in Scotland?

maybe someone can clear this up?

Using Boris in some sort of measurement is (words escape me)

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Ending the season early will be a tempting option for the top flight. This will, of course, be accompanied by a statement that there will be no relegation or promotion. It’s a great way for the top flight to keep Hearts safe and sound.

Also in many people's brains one half of Scotland....cough Glasgow happy.

The outrage would be endless 

And for the good news, Crunchies interview on the hope st podcast was superb

https://www.buzzsprout.com/260570

The only mistake the SG are making, is that their decision over the 500 max capacity isn't immediate.

That there are two 50k+ games going on in Glasgow in between are the crux of the matter.

Don't viruses know there is an "OF" game due?

(If they did, they too would be replying, "fcuk off, it's only Celtic playing a tribute act")

Apparently, the scientific advice is that banning large events doesn’t do any good but it stops the use of ambulances, etc. Being required.
Cant remember the last time that an ambulance was called to FFC?

Just shut up you fucking know all

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Follow official advice, and stop speculating like wittering old fish wife

Please do not use the language of the gutter.

The advice is that banning large gatherings does NOT do any good but that the reason for it is to limit the use of ambulance, police, etc.

My point is that, in lower league games, the use of police and ambulance is minimal.

Now, please give us your view.