The Falkirk FC Thread

He was told he would get his chance, but he'd have to wait for it. He said no, I want out. In that same meeting. The exact same conversation as Aidan Connolly has described. One wasn't up for that and bailed. The other kept his head down, took his chance when it came and is now one of the first names on the team sheet. Tidser left because of Tidser.

People referencing the montrose match so I had a look back at the match thread. People were asking how he was playing and this was my view on it during the match:

"Plays nice stuff when he has time. Gets robbed or left for dead the rest of the time. He doesn't look disinterested at least.

I'd have kept McShane on rather than him."

While the montrose performance was an improvement on his previous games I still had the same issues with him as I had previously. He got an assist in that match, but 90% of that was down to McManus.

We have 8 games to go and still don't have regular settled starting 11 probably tells it's own story. However we may just have finally got our best strike partnership together in McManus and LM, compliment each other quite well. If we could only get the balance correct in central midfield things would looks lot better, we don't have the personnel to get that though.

10 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree can’t help thinking something still to come out on this sorry episode. As commented far better player than at least four maybe five of current squad.

I assume you're talking about McShane, Telfer, DeVita and...

Guy was a complete wage thief. Alarms should have been ringing when there was all that humming and hawing about the pre contract etc. When he played he was far too immobile and slow and got shown up by the youngsters playing for the likes of clyde and airdrie.  Had to be dragged to play for us and then couldnt get out quick enough.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

He’s away playing for Kelty Hearts now ffs, if he was that good he’d have fucked off to a club at a similar or higher level to us. He clearly thinks he’s better than he is.

Might be a much better player than De vita but f**k knows how he’s like to train and play with every week.

41 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

He’s away playing for Kelty Hearts now ffs, if he was that good he’d have fucked off to a club at a similar or higher level to us. He clearly thinks he’s better than he is.

Might be a much better player than De vita but f**k knows how he’s like to train and play with every week.

I saw him play for kelty on friday night against bsc Glasgow and first thing I thought of him was he doesn't look fit

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I saw him play for kelty on friday night against bsc Glasgow and first thing I thought of him was he doesn't look fit

He’s never looked fit, maybe just his body type or the fact he was carrying Morton for so long he’s too top heavy.

He’s away playing for Kelty Hearts now ffs, if he was that good he’d have fucked off to a club at a similar or higher level to us.

Think the money had something to do with him dropping down to that level.

He clearly thinks he’s better than he is.

However this is as clear as day during that interview. Seems if it doesn’t go his way it’s toys out the pram. A shame, he should have been up there as one of our best players this season. But if that attitude has been rubbing off on the squad, no wonder we’ve been underperforming.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Think the money had something to do with him dropping down to that level.

However this is as clear as day during that interview. Seems if it doesn’t go his way it’s toys out the pram. A shame, he should have been up there as one of our best players this season. But if that attitude has been rubbing off on the squad, no wonder we’ve been underperforming.

He stated in the interview he is on the lowest wage since his parkhead days, tho he is now part time with probably 2 nights a week training and match day which gives it more perspective. 

He does come across a toys out the pram character with the interview, not the type to be stand up and be counted, his exit from us and other clubs points towards that too.

We have Miller and Gomis who can do the dirty work in midfield that Tidser wasn't able to do. He was subbed at half time in both our defeats to Clyde and Airdrie for the above reason.

I think it's clear that we will need to fight our way out of this league, which is why Tidser is no longer here, he admits himself it didn't work but he has left with £s and probably on a decent wage for part time football in a league where Fash will probably get around 60 goals

1 hour ago, @footballCFB said:

Thanks for the feedback on the Tidser Interview. I know it doesn’t answer everything but I hope it gives a bit more insight into the situation.

It cleared up the pre contract scenario for sure, I enjoyed the interview and have subscribed. I plan to listen to the Joe Harper one next

32 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Skipping the current talk, just had a text from family member who has just been told to prepare for a complete shutdown of all universities and schools. I would imagine that all public events/gatherings  will be postponed/cancelled shortly thereafter. Assuming that football gatherings will be included which would result in closed door games ( maybe cancellations) Looking at the current lockdown in Italy, I’m assuming similar situation. I know this is being covered in another topic, where would we stand ?

Not at the game, that's for sure.

Thanks for the feedback on the Tidser Interview. I know it doesn’t answer everything but I hope it gives a bit more insight into the situation.
Certainly better than the standard podcast fayre of folk cracking shit jokes and thier pals finding them hilarious.

Keep us posted on any more falkirk related chat [emoji106]

What a wimp!!

Any excuse to close schools and universities.

Just when China is starting to return to normality.

We need to be proportional about this. Those in the most danger are old codgers like me, not the young and healthy.

You have absolutely no idea, do you?

5-8% of people who catch this will get seriously ill and need medical treatment.

The death rate is between 10 and 23 times higher than the death rate from the common flu. The number of deaths are only lower due to the small number of people having caught this virus to date.

Just look how many people have died in Italy as a proportion of reported cases? I think it’s currently over 6%.

If none of the above scare you, think about how many of these unknown viruses we have seen in the last 10 years or so and think about the fact that the next one could be even more contagious with a death rate of, say, 40%. If nothing else, by taking action here to control the situation, we will be better prepared for the next major strain because one things for sure, it’ll be coming our way in the not too distant future..