The Falkirk FC Thread

Haha. Fair enough. You just seem to be posting on every thread I’m ever on. 
Since my mates are all fannies who hardly watch any football, if I am watching a match I tend to accompany it with the match thread on here. Football better when you can talk about it too.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Haha. Fair enough. You just seem to be posting on every thread I’m ever on. 

Since my mates are all fannies who hardly watch any football, if I am watching a match I tend to accompany it with the match thread on here. Football better when you can talk about it too.

Haha. Fair enough bud.

A lot of post counts aren't accurate any more, I've been on here since 2005 and it used to show me with upwards of 20,000 posts but not any more.

EDIT: 2004 even!

Edited by Gaz

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Nothing arrogant in your response mate.

Psychology plays a big part in how teams perform and given the number of bottlers in our team the idea of us having to defend for 90 mins at home gives me the fear....

Oh and talking of Killie,let’s not forget what happened when we went into the promotion play off final defending a lead....

If its arrogant to say getting one point is easier than three.. I'll take arrogant thanks. 

What next? 'I'd really prefer to have a 5 metre deficit in the last leg of a relay than a 3 metre lead'? 

And I don't think being a goal behind going to Killie rather than a goal up would have improved things... 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

On 07/03/2020 at 12:18, ShaggerG said:

I think Miller's first game in midfield was also McKinnon's last at Dumbarton?

On 07/03/2020 at 12:50, Russ said:

Nah his first game there was away in Linlithgow.

Btw it was absolutely the right decision to give Gomis an extra year. Regardless what division we’re in I wouldn’t expect him to be an automatic starter but he’s a good player to have in the squad and his performances this season deserved the extension.

I think you may be wrong there. I wasn't at that game but know that Miller definitely played in it and I seem to remember some folk berating McKinnon for playing him in midfield when he was perceived to be a right back.

9 hours ago, bairnsaloud said:

Big crowds may have nothing to do with the run in. We could be playing all our games closed doors by then.

Just trying to imagine the fiscal chaos and carnage in fitba below the Premier level if this happened. Simply having to refund 20-25% of season ticket monies alone would put some sides in distress.

I think you may be wrong there. I wasn't at that game but know that Miller definitely played in it and I seem to remember some folk berating McKinnon for playing him in midfield when he was perceived to be a right back.

Yeah fair play I was wrong there must’ve completely blanked that awful game out of my mind. Wish I could do the same with all of McKinnons games tbh.

One of the few good decisions he got right for us along with signing up McManus but getting Gary Miller in the door. McManus will quite rightly walk the player of the year awards as he is by a distance our best player but special mention for me to Miller who came in at and really made our midfield a lot more solid. He doesn’t anything complicated or that just tough tackling winning the ball back and moving it on. Every team at our levels need a Gary Miller imo.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Yeah fair play I was wrong there must’ve completely blanked that awful game out of my mind. Wish I could do the same with all of McKinnons games tbh.

One of the few good decisions he got right for us along with signing up McManus but getting Gary Miller in the door. McManus will quite rightly walk the player of the year awards as he is by a distance our best player but special mention for me to Miller who came in at and really made our midfield a lot more solid. He doesn’t anything complicated or that just tough tackling winning the ball back and moving it on. Every team at our levels need a Gary Miller imo.

Think as POTY the stand outs for this season has to be McManus without a doubt but alongside that Mutch, Miller and start of the season had my doubts on Gomis but cracking we player Connolly much improved as well

In recent times it's really only given me the fear tbh. And this collection of players deserve no comparison with the last ones to do well for us in front of big crowds. I dont think its doom and gloom. It seems to be a pretty common and often referred to thing on here. Whenever theres a big crowd and expectant atmosphere it tends to fall flat. 
FWIW if we do get to the last day in touch I'd probably fancy us to do whatever is needed to get past Raith
Big occasions beget The Fear. It's just natural. Keep the positivity

A lot of post counts aren't accurate any more, I've been on here since 2005 and it used to show me with upwards of 20,000 posts but not any more.
EDIT: 2004 even!
Was there not a purge of the forum at some point circa 2010?

From the man himself putting the Tidser debate to bed. He was told by M&M he would get his chance but would have to wait (see Connolly for the exact same chat) He immediately asked to leave. Seems to be his MO, but if he wants to play then fair enough. Laters.

He also says he's very fit but has had his fitness questioned throughout his career.

The last 20 mins of so are about falkirk. Actually quite enjoyed listening to the whole thing, albeit over a couple of days.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5q5eyVi3xse6mukrgeoAyr?si=Jk7WwVEpRBqgEQdEUiUE_Q

34 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

From the man himself putting the Tidser debate to bed. He was told by M&M he would get his chance but would have to wait (see Connolly for the exact same chat) He immediately asked to leave. Seems to be his MO, but if he wants to play then fair enough. Laters.

He also says he's very fit but has had his fitness questioned throughout his career.

The last 20 mins of so are about falkirk. Actually quite enjoyed listening to the whole thing, albeit over a couple of days.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5q5eyVi3xse6mukrgeoAyr?si=Jk7WwVEpRBqgEQdEUiUE_Q

I enjoyed the interview too, thought it was a good listen. Tidser comes across as a very decent, honest lad.

M&M told him he’d get his chance. Anyone who honestly believes he was given that chance is kidding themselves on. He was brought in away to Montrose and did very well in a 2-3 win yet was back out the team again the following week. He never kicked a ball for us again.

I’m with Tidser on this. FAR too good a player to be sitting on his arse warming our bench in League 1 whilst dross like Robbie Leitch, McShane, Telfer and De Vita got game time ahead of him. No wonder he fu*ked off!

I don’t think it does put the debate to bed.
It may explain why he left but does nothing to clarify the mysterious lack of playing time during his period with us.

15 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I’m with Tidser on this. FAR too good a player to be sitting on his arse warming our bench in League 1 whilst dross like Robbie Leitch, McShane, Telfer and De Vita got game time ahead of him. No wonder he fu*ked off!

I agree with you that he's better than all of them. If he were still here I'm sure he'd be playing more than any of those four, though in the case of Leitch and McShane that wouldn't be hard. I suppose it's even possible that if he'd said he wanted to stay and fight for his place we might not have signed De Vita.   

Where I disagree with you (and others, evidently) is whether his performances were good enough to deserve more games than he got. I wasn't a fan and wouldn't have put him in ahead of Gomis, Miller, Connolly or Longridge. You and others probably would have. Fair enough. All about opinions and there's no right or wrong answer.

But as soon as a player says he wants to leave I'd jettison them as soon as possible. If they're not committed to the club then get them out of it.