The Falkirk FC Thread

As a wee afterthought I liked the look of  today's 4-1-3-2.  Miller as the 1 and Gomis (rather than Danny Devito) as the middle of the 3, & LM giving much-needed (and sadly lacking until today) proper support to Declan would be ok by me.  P/head were awful today, for sure, but thought our set-up looked promising. 

Problem is that im not sure starting Miller and Gomis together would be a great idea just because around an hour is probably all we can expect from them.
I'd go Todd for De Vita but thats more out of hope than any evidence as i haven't seen too much from him yet.

The council will be delighted to sell to FFC after all if the price is right then most assets can be marketed. I suspect the price demanded however would put the football club out of business.
The fact is we have fucjked up big time when we did the deal with the stadium company.
Look at the comparative success at Livingston , yes there were and still are lots of dodgy goings on there but the people running the club have also made some great progress with little or no money assets or fan base. The reason is because they are run by a small team of committed local businessmen . Ten years ago we were light years ahead of them but our MSG chose to be “ hands off “ and for the large part the decisions have been made by MSG puppets management consultants former politicians and accountants . What a kniunt of it they have made!

The term “committed local business men” means something entirely there. Ask yourself why the guy who did 6 years for his part in a cocaine supply ring was installed by a “third party” as assistant manager, and despite numerous managerial changes,he is still there. That’s a different kind of commitment. That is a “club” that should never ever be lauded for anything it does....particularly around money.

Looking at the remaining fixtures we will get 16- 20 maximum.
Will that be enough ? I have my doubts. Have this feeling its going to be a last game shoot out and hopefully Falkirk getting the draw.

I reckon we will get 15 going into the final game. I think Raith will be 13 to 15 points.
The question for me is whether going into that last game we would rather be looking for a draw or a win.
I’m not sure it wouldn’t be better needing the win.
We’re not great when the opposition has to come at us...

57 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I reckon we will get 15 going into the final game. I think Raith will be 13 to 15 points.
The question for me is whether going into that last game we would rather be looking for a draw or a win.

Playing for a draw would end in tears ! Would prefer a rip snorting winner takes all cup tie. Suspect though fear of losing will rule the day and be a ' lets not lose a goal in the first 20 minutes ' attitude for both sides.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

We would obviously be better going into it needing to draw or win

We would obviously be better going into it needing to draw or win

I’m not actually convinced.
More often than not if we need a draw and the opposition need to win that’s what ends up happening.
When it’s all on the line and we need to win at least there’s no doubt in your mind how to approach the game?…

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures we will get 16- 20 maximum.

Will that be enough ? I have my doubts. Have this feeling its going to be a last game shoot out and hopefully Falkirk getting the draw.

I've been trying to convince myself that we are still in with an outside chance and Falkirk's last 4 games are the thing I'm clinging to. Clyde - who you've lost 3 out of 3 to, both East Fife and Montrose away - both sides will be scrapping for play-off spots, and then Raith. We will need to beat you in the game before those games (highly doubt we will), if we did I could see you struggling with those fixtures.

There's no big difference between Falkirk and Raith's fixtures but for some reason I see Raith picking up a couple more points. I think if I was a Falkirk fan I'd take going into the final day needing a win right now.

If any side can get 70 points it's theirs. More likely total will be around 68/69.

I've been trying to convince myself that we are still in with an outside chance and Falkirk's last 4 games are the thing I'm clinging to. Clyde - who you've lost 3 out of 3 to, both East Fife and Montrose away - both sides will be scrapping for play-off spots, and then Raith. We will need to beat you in the game before those games (highly doubt we will), if we did I could see you struggling with those fixtures.
There's no big difference between Falkirk and Raith's fixtures but for some reason I see Raith picking up a couple more points. I think if I was a Falkirk fan I'd take going into the final day needing a win right now.
If any side can get 70 points it's theirs. More likely total will be around 68/69.

Outside of trips to both Falkirk and Raith, all your other fixtures look winnable. I guess we shouldn’t rule out anything in this league but it’s a tall order to overhaul us both.....

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Outside of trips to both Falkirk and Raith, all your other fixtures look winnable. I guess we shouldn’t rule out anything in this league but it’s a tall order to overhaul us both.....

It's a very, very long shot. With Falkirk v Raith on the last day the semi-realistic aim has to be just to hang in there and try and make up 3 points between now and then to put us in striking distance on the final day if it was to be a draw.

Just for fun, and I think I’ve got this right, but as it stands the two play-off semi-finals would be:
Airdrie v Falkirk
East Fife v QoS
Given our record v all of these clubs over the last couple of seasons that would be a tricky challenge for us....

Interested to hear the thoughts of BPM on Millers performance and impact on the team. Strong claims he was done.

He could be the difference in the run in.

Didn't see the game but by all accounts did well. He also made an impact Tuesday. Well done Lee you are proving me and others wrong. Still not sure why it has taken so long given the dross he has replaced.

More often than not if we need a draw and the opposition need to win that’s what ends up happening.
When it’s all on the line and we need to win at least there’s no doubt in your mind how to approach the game?…
Us needing a win on the last day in front of big crowd is a recipe for disaster. I get what you mean that only needing a draw might lead to us changing tactics and making an arse of it, but the bottom line is we havent been great at breaking down the better teams in the league and always make a c**t of it when the big crowds are in, but our defence is relatively solid in terms of goals conceded. I'd much rather they came with all the pressure on them, and if neither side can find their shooting boots then we are the ones who go up.

Given a draw is the best we've achieved against them this season...

Us needing a win on the last day in front of big crowd is a recipe for disaster. I get what you mean that only needing a draw might lead to us changing tactics and making an arse of it, but the bottom line is we havent been great at breaking down the better teams in the league and always make a c**t of it when the big crowds are in, but our defence is relatively solid in terms of goals conceded. I'd much rather they came with all the pressure on them, and if neither side can find their shooting boots then we are the ones who go up.

Big crowds may have nothing to do with the run in. We could be playing all our games closed doors by then.