The Falkirk FC Thread

I think Miller's first game in midfield was also McKinnon's last at Dumbarton?

Nah his first game there was away in Linlithgow.

Btw it was absolutely the right decision to give Gomis an extra year. Regardless what division we’re in I wouldn’t expect him to be an automatic starter but he’s a good player to have in the squad and his performances this season deserved the extension.

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Is there a coffee shop (van) ?

No, but they have a Keurig in the Letting Office, one of their amenities is a “Business Center”,  and there was a taxi parked out front. If that happens again, I’ll have to get a shot for you lot to frame (as a dartboard).

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

1 league defeat since taking over with the utter pish McKinnon left them with is as good as 99% of those applying for the job could do.

Overall - I think anyone claiming they don't deserve a full summer if they get us up is being deliberately stupid.  

Depends which way you look at it. 1 league defeat sounds good when you’re trying to justify their record. The reality is that they’ve won only 7 league games from 13. Against the dross in this league, even with McKinnon’s team, that’s bang average. 

Depends which way you look at it. 1 league defeat sounds good when you’re trying to justify their record. The reality is that they’ve won only 7 league games from 13. Against the dross in this league, even with McKinnon’s team, that’s bang average. 

It’s actually championship winning form, but let’s not let that get in the way of a good story.....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s actually championship winning form, but let’s not let that get in the way of a good story.....

Falkirk in League One showing "championship winning form" is absolutely bang average.

Just for a wee change, decided to give the westfield  lounge another try for pre-match...  Should have known better.

Its only 1:45, and 4 out of 5 draught beer taps are already out of action... Fair got us in the right mood for the game. 

10 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Just for a wee change, decided to give the westfield  lounge another try for pre-match...  Should have known better.

Its only 1:45, and 4 out of 5 draught beer taps are already out of action... Fair got us in the right mood for the game. 

Saw the Arbroath hospitality on The Terrace last week and it looked streets ahead of the set up we have. Montrose is the same. It looks fun rather than the sterile experience at Falkirk.

23 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

emoji16.png you only need to go back 2 or 3 pages and read forward...

I don't see folk saying they'd get rid, I see folk saying they would if we don't win the league, which is a fair enough opinion to have.

Anyway, fingers crossed for a decent result today.

Do you usually go to the South Stand bar or no bar before it? SS bar is the correct matchday stadium drinking venue IMO. Cans like but it's still decent.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Do you usually go to the South Stand bar or no bar before it? SS bar is the correct matchday stadium drinking venue IMO. Cans like but it's still decent.

Usually up the town pre match but we gave the westfield a try just to be contrary.  SS having no draught is the issue,  and the taste out a can is rank.  

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The council will be delighted to sell to FFC after all if the price is right then most assets can be marketed. I suspect the price demanded however would put the football club out of business.
The fact is we have fucjked up big time when we did the deal with the stadium company.
Look at the comparative success at Livingston , yes there were and still are lots of dodgy goings on there but the people running the club have also made some great progress with little or no money assets or fan base. The reason is because they are run by a small team of committed local businessmen . Ten years ago we were light years ahead of them but our MSG chose to be “ hands off “ and for the large part the decisions have been made by MSG puppets management consultants former politicians and accountants . What a kniunt of it they have made!

That and the fact that whilst out of the top flight west Lothian council were only charging them 40k to use the stadium. Compare that to us.

Interested to hear the thoughts of BPM of Millers performance and impact on the team. Strong claims he was done.

He could be the difference in the run in.

Absolutely this.
He transformed us up front today for 70 mins but the comments from Tuesday night that if we had to rely on a 37 year old then we’ve had it, pretty much summed up the level of negative pish that we’ve seen on here recently.
We are clearly a better side, but, not surprisingly, we are not head and shoulders better than the other better sides in this division....

3 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Any more of your p*sh and I’ll start red dotting again...

7 from 13 in League 1 isn’t anything to shout about in my opinion. 

It might be nothing to shout about but you have to look at our defence till Durnans been told to keep it simple, Buchanan and Doyle are pretty much all hit or miss depending what way the winds blowing,time of the month etc  its not because we want those players its just because its all we have at no time during the season have i seen any opposition saying that Durnans a great player or Doyle was excellent i wish we had him.

5 hours ago, Stainrod said:

The council will be delighted to sell to FFC after all if the price is right then most assets can be marketed. I suspect the price demanded however would put the football club out of business.
The fact is we have fucjked up big time when we did the deal with the stadium company.
Look at the comparative success at Livingston , yes there were and still are lots of dodgy goings on there but the people running the club have also made some great progress with little or no money assets or fan base. The reason is because they are run by a small team of committed local businessmen . Ten years ago we were light years ahead of them but our MSG chose to be “ hands off “ and for the large part the decisions have been made by MSG puppets management consultants former politicians and accountants . What a kniunt of it they have made!

What is done is done stadium wise. For the cost of that ego trip of a main stand we could have had 3 stands say 25 deep. More in  proportion to the crowds but still meeting the seating requirements and giving a better atmosphere to boot. Well and truly screwed by the council who went from 2/7ths ownership of the Brockville / training pitch to majority stakeholders in the Stadium Company by selling the land to themselves at inflated prices. Madness !