The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

And what’s your solution to the problem?

We don’t have any alternative interested parties to my knowledge and given the last one I’d be concerned how much we can trust anyone now.

We don’t have the BtB option and there not going to raise 800k on the basis that much of the existing board remains in place and we stay in League One.

I’d say our best shot just now is to back the team we have just now (jeez I can’t stand some of the players we currently have), but spouting constant negativity isn’t going to change things for the better. It’s probably only going to continue to stifle our ability to progress from the ashes we are currently in...

Ps. I’m returning your red dot..emoji16.png

Well I think we’ve all established that the problem is the cancerous MSG, they need to sell up and leave before the Club can even think about making progress.

There are fans who point blank refuse to return whilst the MSG are still involved at the Club. For these fans, that relationship is broken beyond repair. If the MSG we’re prepared to sell their shares and allow new ownership, I genuinely believe there would be investment opportunities. Others can likely back that up. But the MSG are being stubborn bast*rds as usual, thinking they know best. If verbal and online abuse isn’t enough to shift them, then the only way I can see is through empty stands. Clearly 3,500+ home gates isn’t helping that cause though. If more fans boycotting affects this summer’s playing budget then so be it. I can live with that because the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. Fans need to think about the bigger picture rather than just the next season. Personally, I don’t think we’re ready for promotion to the Championship anyway. Another massive rebuilding job is required if we do get promoted, so I’d gladly accept another year in League 1 if it meant new owners, new management, and everyone pulling in the same direction again.

Spouting constant negativity as you put it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I get that. But for me personally, it’s my way of dealing with it and letting those in charge know that their actions will never be forgotten, or forgiven.

Ps. Nae mare red dots. 🔴 

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

Spoiler

Have been giving our position some reflection and noted the well meaning and constructive as well as negative posts made over the last few days. I have been guilty of both.

As a support we have to put the concerns and dissatisfaction about how the club is run / not run on the back burner.

Get behind the team including the players derided on the forum for the run in of games. Win the league then we can tear ourselves apart over the close season about what we should / should not do.

At least it would be on a positive note that we are promoted.

So how about it fellow forum contributors ! Truce till the end of the season and a communal 'Come on you Bairns'

Two things

Firstly not my choice

Secondly - advertise it and see who applies

Would you trust the idiots in charge to do this? They claimed that last time, gave numbers of really good applicants and said they would fine tooth comb it to get it right, then about 2 days later handed it to two rookies.

Either they lied about the numbers or they simply didnt bother their arse going through due process as soon as name recognition came across their desk

Would you trust the idiots in charge to do this? They claimed that last time, gave numbers of really good applicants and said they would fine tooth comb it to get it right, then about 2 days later handed it to two rookies.

Either they lied about the numbers or they simply didnt bother their arse going through due process as soon as name recognition came across their desk

Or maybe we didn’t get anyone apply of the required quality.
Something I would expect again if it was re-advertised....

They said there were many quality applicants. They handled that episode abysmally, to the surprise of no one

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

They said there were many quality applicants. They handled that episode abysmally, to the surprise of no one

Bearing in mind they thought Hartley and McKinnon were quality candidates so f**k knows what their idea of quality is.

Petrie is doing a great job at Montrose, wouldn't mind us going for him. But as BPM states we should be advertising the job if it comes open.

Believe he has a good job outside of football that he’s reluctant to give up. Would be a good shout though if he was interested. Have a feeling with him being an ex par he will end up there at some point if he does want to go full time.

Well I think we’ve all established that the problem is the cancerous MSG, they need to sell up and leave before the Club can even think about making progress.
There are fans who point blank refuse to return whilst the MSG are still involved at the Club. For these fans, that relationship is broken beyond repair. If the MSG we’re prepared to sell their shares and allow new ownership, I genuinely believe there would be investment opportunities. Others can likely back that up. But the MSG are being stubborn bast*rds as usual, thinking they know best. If verbal and online abuse isn’t enough to shift them, then the only way I can see is through empty stands. Clearly 3,500+ home gates isn’t helping that cause though. If more fans boycotting affects this summer’s playing budget then so be it. I can live with that because the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. Fans need to think about the bigger picture rather than just the next season. Personally, I don’t think we’re ready for promotion to the Championship anyway. Another massive rebuilding job is required if we do get promoted, so I’d gladly accept another year in League 1 if it meant new owners, new management, and everyone pulling in the same direction again.
Spouting constant negativity as you put it might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I get that. But for me personally, it’s my way of dealing with it and letting those in charge know that their actions will never be forgotten, or forgiven.
Ps. Nae mare red dots. [emoji837] 

I don’t think it’s the MSG in its entirety. The damaging elements may well outnumber the good in terms of personnel, but I think the good well intentioned element hold the upper hand in terms of shareholding.

It’s the manner in which the running of the club is left with the damaging elements that is killing us week in, week out, month in, month out.

15 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Is John Park still sniffing about the club would have thought someone with his knowledge would be able to steer onto some up and coming players. The problems we have at the club aren't so much on the footballing side its the day to day running the clubs being ran into the ground and we are helpless to change anything.

It was never really him, it was one of MC's unicorns in a John Park suit.

51 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

It was never really him, it was one of MC's unicorns in a John Park suit.

Just for amusement, leaving work today I noticed the name of the new apartment complex...”Bexley Landing”...made me laugh.

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I don’t think it’s the MSG in its entirety. The damaging elements may well outnumber the good in terms of personnel, but I think the good well intentioned element hold the upper hand in terms of shareholding.

It’s the manner in which the running of the club is left with the damaging elements that is killing us week in, week out, month in, month out.

Has our cash position not improved though?  Seems to be more positive with Gary Deans in charge.

I wouldn't be surprised if the MSG breaks up soon given the split within it now - think there's an EGM in June so could all change after that. 

20 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Has our cash position not improved though?  Seems to be more positive with Gary Deans in charge. 

There was a supplemental pack issued to shareholders following the AGM.

It said that for the current financial year (as of November) income was 300K up and costs were 66K less than budget. We were shown as being on target to break even for the season, though I have a feeling we'll make a profit unless we chose to spend some of that before May. It also stated that the upcoming summer concerts are expected to deliver at least 300K profit. Presumably those will be in next seasons budget.

Not sure Gary Deans has a lot to do with that. When compared with last season, I think it's down to the much smaller turnover in playing and coaching staff. Last year we chose to spend the nest egg. This year we don't have one so we're being more cautious.

17 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t know why the club bothers putting up an interview each week with either of the 2 managers.

The interviewer has the most boring voice, the questions are the same , the answers are the same and there is never anyone injured.

Utterly pointless!!

I know they are volunteers and do their best, but almost all Falkirk TV  interviews are boring and very repetitive.

the you made three changes today, talk us through it.

you made two changes at half time, talk us through it.

( ball hits off arse and goes in) You scored just before half time talk us through it.

If M&M get us up then they deserve to be given a 1 year extension.  

1 league defeat since taking over with the utter pish McKinnon left them with is as good as 99% of those applying for the job could do.  Agree they would have ideally picked up a couple of decent January signings but it's a time of year when not many are available and the best options will wait till the end of the month to make sure they can't get higher than league 1 - then its a gamble whether we get them or not.  

Positive elements they've brought are that we now have a much better dressing room/team spirit, they seem to recognise when and who needs dropped (Durnan, Buchanan, Sammon, McMillan, Longridge all dropped recently after poor performances) .   Moving Miller into midfield was also a good move.  Don't agree with a lot they've done too (e.g giving Gomis an extra year, setting up too defensively on occasion) . 

Overall - I think anyone claiming they don't deserve a full summer if they get us up is being deliberately stupid.  

15 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If M&M get us up then they deserve to be given a 1 year extension.  

1 league defeat since taking over with the utter pish McKinnon left them with is as good as 99% of those applying for the job could do.  Agree they would have ideally picked up a couple of decent January signings but it's a time of year when not many are available and the best options will wait till the end of the month to make sure they can't get higher than league 1 - then its a gamble whether we get them or not.  

Positive elements they've brought are that we now have a much better dressing room/team spirit, they seem to recognise when and who needs dropped (Durnan, Buchanan, Sammon, McMillan, Longridge all dropped recently after poor performances) .   Moving Miller into midfield was also a good move.  Don't agree with a lot they've done too (e.g giving Gomis an extra year, setting up too defensively on occasion) . 

Overall - I think anyone claiming they don't deserve a full summer if they get us up is being deliberately stupid.  

I think Miller's first game in midfield was also McKinnon's last at Dumbarton?

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I know they are volunteers and do their best, but almost all Falkirk TV  interviews are boring and very repetitive.

the you made three changes today, talk us through it.

you made two changes at half time, talk us through it.

( ball hits off arse and goes in) You scored just before half time talk us through it.

Actually, am I not correct in stating that the prematch  interviews are conducted by an FFC employee?

You raise a valid point. The Stadium and most of the surrounding area are owned by the Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Falkirk Football Club are minority stakeholders in that company. There is a wrong perception that Falkirk own outright certain parts of the ground. Main stand seating - South Stand etc that is incorrect. From what I understand FFC lease the facilities and under the conditions of a lease can make certain alterations with the leaseholders permission. The artificial pitch and the undersoil heating fiasco is a good example. Refreshment kiosks and hospitality are leased for the game by FFC from the Stadium Company.
So as you see a large % of every pound spent one way or the other goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Like it or not they can charge what they want knowing FFC have nowhere else to go. As the Council are the majority stakeholder you can be sure FFC is getting well screwed for it. Good example of that attitude is that the Council own the parking at the stadium and not on coin goes to the club. Strange how such a basic thing as the parking at a stadium was not part of the package.
Sooner or later there has to be a day of reckoning when the club has got itself sorted out and in a position to buy the Stadium Company outright. To do just that !

The council will be delighted to sell to FFC after all if the price is right then most assets can be marketed. I suspect the price demanded however would put the football club out of business.
The fact is we have fucjked up big time when we did the deal with the stadium company.
Look at the comparative success at Livingston , yes there were and still are lots of dodgy goings on there but the people running the club have also made some great progress with little or no money assets or fan base. The reason is because they are run by a small team of committed local businessmen . Ten years ago we were light years ahead of them but our MSG chose to be “ hands off “ and for the large part the decisions have been made by MSG puppets management consultants former politicians and accountants . What a kniunt of it they have made!