The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, AGPar said:

I can. In fact, I think it's a certainty they'll be here next season, irrespective of the league we find ourselves in. From the point of view of those who own and run the club, it's an absolute no-brainer. The appointment has had exactly the desired effect. I wouldn't be surprised if contract extensions are confirmed in the next few weeks.

If we fail to go up, they haven't done the job they were tasked with and should be binned.

If we fail to go up, they haven't done the job they were tasked with and should be binned.

Amazing.

We kept a so called experienced manager with access to virtually unlimited resources but we would ditch a young hungry management team that have distinctly improved us with minimal changes, and are continuing to learn.

I don’t know what some of the posters on here do for work but thank f**k I don’t work for them.....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing.

We kept a so called experienced manager with access to virtually unlimited resources but we would ditch a young hungry management team that have distinctly improved us with minimal changes, and are continuing to learn.

I don’t know what some of the posters on here do for work but thank f**k I don’t work for them.....

Most people thought McKinnon should have gone after relegation. He was a total dud, we can agree on that. The squad he built isn't great - in fact, if we were to go up it would need strengthened considerably. However, combined with the funds M&M had in January for additions, the players there should be enough to win this league. 

McKInnon was sacked after 14 league games. By the seasons end, M&M will have been in charge for 22 league games. Improved performances from that under McKinnon really isn't setting the bar very high. The fact they are young and inexperienced isn't an excuse and was largely the reason many, including myself, were sceptical at their appointment in such an important season. If they do manage to get us up, which I really hope they do, then great. But if they don't - especially after such a poor window - I don't see how you could argue anything other than that they had failed to do the job they were brought in to do.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Amazing.

Anyone claiming the improvements are any more than minimal are kidding themselves on.

The squad is rotten outside 3/4 players and given the chance to improve it in January M&M failed.

13 hours ago, Gaz said:

I was sceptical at the time of appointing Miller and McCracken. I want them to do well but appointing two rookie managers in a very important season was always going to be a risk. Now the new manager bounce has well and truly finished, we don't look any better than we did earlier in the season. I'm worried.

I also raised concern at the appointment of M&M at the time , rookie managers in one of our most important seasons in recent times was more or else word for word what I said - a huge gamble.

But now we have them I believe we should stick with them into next season whatever happens , they will learn on the job (not ideal I know) -  we need continuity now ,if not on the park at least in the dugout  

Is John Park still sniffing about the club would have thought someone with his knowledge would be able to steer onto some up and coming players. The problems we have at the club aren't so much on the footballing side its the day to day running the clubs being ran into the ground and we are helpless to change anything.

M and M's january recruitment has been no better than the dross that was signed before.  Da vita was signed in a flash and has done absolutely nothing. Todd is no any better than what we had and only hall has actually nailed down a place in the team. We needed legs and pace and got feck all of either.

M and M's january recruitment has been no better than the dross that was signed before.  Da vita was signed in a flash and has done absolutely nothing. Todd is no any better than what we had and only hall has actually nailed down a place in the team. We needed legs and pace and got feck all of either.

We let the only guy we had with pace go - McLean. Is De Vita an upgrade on him? Not for me

Is John Park still sniffing about the club would have thought someone with his knowledge would be able to steer onto some up and coming players. The problems we have at the club aren't so much on the footballing side its the day to day running the clubs being ran into the ground and we are helpless to change anything.

He sent in players in the summer to look at and not one of them were up to scratch

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We let the only guy we had with pace go - McLean. Is De Vita an upgrade on him? Not for me

Exactly. McLean wasnt up to much but still showed more in 20 mins at airdrie than da vita has done in the whole time hes been here. No idea why there was a panic to sign this guy.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

TBH i would find it difficult to trust John Park after is involvement with MC, he is either incredibly gullible or also had ulterior motives in wanting to get involved with us.

M&M adopted much the same policy as OGS used at Man U. Effectively, simply a change in management was enough to bring about a change in performances....same as BR at Leicester also.

Thing is, that Hawthorn Effect tends to wear off pretty quickly, and more fundamental changes need to be made. January was the time for us to do it, but it simply didn’t happen. That alone screamed that M&M thought that their leadership skills were about to turn a pig’s ear into a silk purse.

Of course, it has failed, and that really is no great surprise. We are now little more than a 50-50 shot to win the title. If we don’t, then the play offs won’t go our way either, as we are unlikely to get the better of a Clyde let alone a Championship side.

I know hindsight is a great thing, but we continue to get the big decisions wrong. The bit we don’t know is if this is the work of a single individual, or a collective.

We were getting 1.64 points per game under McKinnon. That's gone up to 2.00 points per game under Miller/McCracken. We have improved. I would debate whether that's a big enough improvement but we are better now than we were at the start of the season.

FWIW I think both ourselves and Raith will go up. Outside of Dundee Utd the Championship is dung this season.

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are now little more than a 50-50 shot to win the title. If we don’t, then the play offs won’t go our way either, as we are unlikely to get the better of a Clyde let alone a Championship side.

Bookies have us 8/13, Raith are at 2/1.

Do the Championship sides have many Premier league quality rapists playing for them?

49 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We were getting 1.64 points per game under McKinnon. That's gone up to 2.00 points per game under Miller/McCracken. We have improved. I would debate whether that's a big enough improvement but we are better now than we were at the start of the season.

FWIW I think both ourselves and Raith will go up. Outside of Dundee Utd the Championship is dung this season.

Even they have been pish when they've put their minds to it.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Harsh on Todd, think there's a player in there. Shown it in flashes but he's still not match fit imo.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

What like from an academy or something?

You are correct that's what we need but that ship has sailed - only journeymen and loan signings for us these days, and in the future. Craig Campbell's legacy. 

Falkirk once had a reputation for giving young talent a second chance. Would Lyle Taylor and Will Vaulks consider Falkirk now when they were looking for a club ? Not a chance. Over a decade of dedication and hard work building an enviable  name for the club destroyed. If we decide to go that way again it will take the same time to re establish that reputation.

Journeyman and loan signings as you said are where we are shopping. End of season cast offs and second quality discounted products being moved on. 

2 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Harsh on Todd, think there's a player in there. Shown it in flashes but he's still not match fit imo.

I agree, I think he could be a good addition. Apparently we want Ross McLean back now though.

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Problem is hes too similar to what we have.  Too slow for me when our midfield is already very one paced. Da vita again no pace. We needed to add running and pace to our midfield. Other sides in this league have younger players with a lot more pace and running and that's when we can be found out.