The Falkirk FC Thread

11 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Simply don’t get this BSLM thing at the last two games, he’s finished and blowing out his arse after five minutes. If he intends to see out the season as a super sub of some kind of self importance, in order to win any of our games, start worrying now. 

His lack of mobility was really stark towards the end of the match when Raith's keeper was kicking short. A real opportunity to keep them penned in, but only McManus had the legs to press effectively. 

10 hours ago, Enigma said:

If McGlynn had Falkirk’s budget we’d have been out of sight months ago.

Agree with this. Swap the managers and we'd be pissing this league. 

Don’t want to single Gomis our here but wanting to make a point. He’s is a great footballer with an excellent footballing brain. He is also very tidy on the ball and generally finds the man with the pass.

However the last 2 games specifically we have needed drive
, pace and aggression (in the right way) in the midfield and that’s not what he offers.

Substitute games with years there when it comes to drive from midfield?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The Tidser enigma really baffles me.
Firstly why did he disappear from the team almost immediately and secondly why did we pay him off only to replace him with dross like De Vita?

Tidser still our joint top in terms of number of assists.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

doesn't a chunk of our budget go on bigger overheads other clubs don't have? falkirk council SA etc? not saying for a minute we dont have the largest budget but just wished we owned every penny that came in and could do more with the stadium like st johnstone...

You raise a valid point. The Stadium and most of the surrounding area are owned by the Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Falkirk Football Club are minority stakeholders in that company. There is a wrong perception that Falkirk own outright certain parts of the ground. Main stand seating - South Stand etc that is incorrect. From what I understand FFC lease the facilities and under the conditions of a lease can make certain alterations with the leaseholders permission. The artificial pitch and the undersoil heating fiasco is a good example. Refreshment kiosks and hospitality are leased for the game by FFC from the Stadium Company.

So as you see a large % of every pound spent one way or the other goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Like it or not they can charge what they want knowing FFC have nowhere else to go. As the Council are the majority stakeholder you can be sure FFC is getting well screwed for it. Good example of that attitude is that the Council own the parking at the stadium and not on coin goes to the club. Strange how such a basic thing as the parking at a stadium was not part of the package.

Sooner or later there has to be a day of reckoning when the club has got itself sorted out and in a position to buy the Stadium Company outright. To do just that !

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You raise a valid point. The Stadium and most of the surrounding area are owned by the Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Falkirk Football Club are minority stakeholders in that company. There is a wrong perception that Falkirk own outright certain parts of the ground. Main stand seating - South Stand etc that is incorrect. From what I understand FFC lease the facilities and under the conditions of a lease can make certain alterations with the leaseholders permission. The artificial pitch and the undersoil heating fiasco is a good example. Refreshment kiosks and hospitality are leased for the game by FFC from the Stadium Company.

So as you see a large % of every pound spent one way or the other goes to Falkirk Community Stadium Company Ltd. Like it or not they can charge what they want knowing FFC have nowhere else to go. As the Council are the majority stakeholder you can be sure FFC is getting well screwed for it. Good example of that attitude is that the Council own the parking at the stadium and not on coin goes to the club. Strange how such a basic thing as the parking at a stadium was not part of the package.

Sooner or later there has to be a day of reckoning when the club has got itself sorted out and in a position to buy the Stadium Company outright. To do just that !

Have been saving for a while to pay the parking charge at TFS on Saturday, £4 is a bit excessive for a max of 2hrs parking, probably cheaper parking in the town centre & getting a bus to the ground with a bus pass. Airdrie are £2 as are Dumbarton but that gives you a chance in the half time draw most grounds in our league parking is FOC. Fair enough if the club does not get any revenue from it but it is £4 less I  will be liable to spend on a pie or programme which could have went to the club.

I was sceptical at the time of appointing Miller and McCracken. I want them to do well but appointing two rookie managers in a very important season was always going to be a risk. Now the new manager bounce has well and truly finished, we don't look any better than we did earlier in the season. I'm worried.

20 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

We have got probably double or triple the budget of every team in the league, easily.

With that budget we should be winning the league by a double digit point total at least. That we aren't is down to retaining McKinnon and allowing him to sign a squad of muck.

Having a home gate of 3,000+ should be a goal start cause the money it affords us over every team in this league should buy quality to ensure that is the case!

We’ve seen this bandied about all season, but we really don’t know. Let’s take a little look at a few things and see what they say. Falkirk has around a 1,300 season ticket holder advantage on Raith, so looking at the prices and estimating the average price at around £180, that’s probably a good £235,000 in Falkirk's corner. With regard to daily ticket sales, Falkirk are probably 700 a game ahead, at an average price around £10, and that’s probably translates into another £7,000 per game, or around £126, 000 PA. On the whole, the gate income advantage for Falkirk is around £365,000 PA.

Falkirk and Raith both have limited income from their stadia because of the ownership structure. Other costs are similar, so assuming that the Boards are marginally competent, the base level for Raith is around £262,000 in ticket revenue and £627,000 for Falkirk. That’s a slick £364,000 advantage for Falkirk. Overall, this would suggest that Falkirk F.C., as a whole, should have around double the budget of Raith, with the excess likely paying for larger fixed costs associated with the larger crowds, before considering Falkirk’s likely larger revenue sources like sponsorships, etc.

Given that Raith current have 14 full-time players signed, 5 part-time, 3 loans and a couple of modern apprentices, I’m not clear how Falkirk’s 18 or so full-time player budget could even approach twice Raith’s player budget, even if the players are all higher cost. All I know is that player spending looks to have been ruthlessly trimmed since the start of the season at Falkirk.

On the whole, it seems unlikely that Falkirk’s management team have a budget of any more than 1.5 to 2 times Raith’s. If anyone has any concrete information that suggests the real comparison between the budgets, please elucidate.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I was sceptical at the time of appointing Miller and McCracken. I want them to do well but appointing two rookie managers in a very important season was always going to be a risk. Now the new manager bounce has well and truly finished, we don't look any better than we did earlier in the season. I'm worried.

Nah. Earlier in the season we were going through games without a single shot on goal. Now we're making chances but not finishing. On Saturday McManus missed a sitter from 2 yards, Doyle had a free header that went a foot past the post, Miller blasted over from short range. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Dont think thats true at all, under RM theres not a chance we'd have got a point out of the game on Tuesday after going down 1-0. We were very poor for 65 minutes of that game, and I do agree M&M made a tactical blunder by playing 1 up top to start, but no way are we as negative or poor looking as RM had us playing.

8 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Don’t want to single Gomis our here but wanting to make a point. He’s is a great footballer with an excellent footballing brain. He is also very tidy on the ball and generally finds the man with the pass.

, pace and aggression (in the right way) in the midfield and that’s not what he offers.

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Don't disagree, but with the squad we have, who could we have played in there instead?

M&M had a choice of doing what Hartley and McKinnon did at each transfer window in replacing the majority of the starting 11, they have of course chosen to be minimal in changes which perhaps could be their downfall.

A striker in at minimum was required for me which now leaves me  pinning  hopes on our manager to fill the obvious void, recent weeks have shown exactly where we are lacking.

We had numerous chances v Clyde but the strikers are neither great in goalscoring or set up play.