The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry but I was one who envisaged us winning. Appreciate and take on board your comments, however if M&M are prepared to use a regressive negative system for over 65 mins, against the top team beaten by Dumbarton on Saturday I’ve huge concerns that they can get us promoted. This isn’t a time for knicker wetting but really concerned for our last nine games.
I have concerns too. Those concerns led me to not be confident of getting a win lastnight.

That last night is deemed by cohorts of our support as an acceptable performance only goes to show how far our standards have fallen.

We're in this ridiculous situation where we were absolutely minging for 70 minutes, and fans are shouting for a 36 year old who is done - and supposed to be the co-manager! - to come on and be our saviour, ahead of two other strikers on bench. What does that say to them, and about the squad that has been assembled? I actually thought Miller did okay when he came on but there's now the 40 year old fanboys in our support who unironically call him BSLM saying he should be starting every week, when he was blowing out his arse after 20 minutes last night.

Everyone could see from 10 minutes in that the tactics weren't working  - punting the ball up to McManus as a lone striker was absolutely brutal. Given the circumstances, I was very happy with a point. But that doesn't equate to it being anywhere near an acceptable performance. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

That last night is deemed by cohorts of our support as an acceptable performance only goes to show how far our standards have fallen.

Yes. We are second in the THIRD TIER ffs and have won less than half our league games. We were set up last night like we were playing Bayern Munich. Anyone saying that no one could ever envisage us winning against League One Raith Rovers is at least partially responsible for our decline these last few years.

"team r doin a gr8 job coyb cud be a key point at end of season!"

Wasn’t there, but I am genuinely worried that the talk of our last 9 games is starting to mirror the last 9 games of last season.

Low energy and high tension seems to be where we are headed in the next couple of months. We seem to be sucked into a plug hole of staying in contention until the last game of the season (and we know how well we do in those situations).

I really hoped M&M would instil confidence and maybe even a bit of swagger, and at least get us to the point where we were a side the rest didn’t fancy playing. It seems the opposite has happened, and we look happy to contain most of the opposition.

That we have not beaten three sides in this league is absolutely unforgivable. I just have that horrible sense that we are back in that place of last season where we find not winning just about ok, and we’ll make up for it next week or the week after. We are treading a very dangerous path at the moment, and I am far from convinced that it’s going to go our way.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wasn’t there, but I am genuinely worried that the talk of our last 9 games is starting to mirror the last 9 games of last season.

Low energy and high tension seems to be where we are headed in the next couple of months. We seem to be sucked into a plug hole of staying in contention until the last game of the season (and we know how well we do in those situations).

My pal has been saying exactly the same for a few weeks. We are just kicking the can down the road the last couple of games.

It is to easy to be patronising, this league isn't a bad as some make out, the guys saying "we should be humping a poor airdrie, east fife etc" are the same guys that'd say we should be humping a poor arbroath or alloa, the worst dundee team for years etc or livy or st johnstone, ross county in the top league. Partick and qots could be here next season dundee couldn't beat alloa, arbroath have had good results. To many folk think football manager is real and there's huge differences in the leagues when in reality the gap between a hearts or Hamilton to raith or east fife isn't anywhere near as big as folk think. Game need to be fought and won, you don't get a goal start because your home crowd is over 3000!

6 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

It is to easy to be patronising, this league isn't a bad as some make out, the guys saying "we should be humping a poor airdrie, east fife etc" are the same guys that'd say we should be humping a poor arbroath or alloa, the worst dundee team for years etc or livy or st johnstone, ross county in the top league. Partick and qots could be here next season dundee couldn't beat alloa, arbroath have had good results. To many folk think football manager is real and there's huge differences in the leagues when in reality the gap between a hearts or Hamilton to raith or east fife isn't anywhere near as big as folk think. Game need to be fought and won, you don't get a goal start because your home crowd is over 3000!

I don't think we should be humping every team every week.  I do think Falkirk should be winning more than 13 out of 27 games in the Scottish third tier. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

15 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don't think we should be humping every team every week.  I do think Falkirk should be winning more than 13 out of 27 games in the Scottish third tier. 

That's the problem. Some players and some of the supporters are turning up thinking just that. Having supported this club since the 60"s I have never witnessed a decline like this since that moment of madness when Willie Cunningham was sacked ! It took a visionary like Eddie Moffat and Alex T to drag us back from the brink 8 years later. But I don't see dyed in the wool Falkirk people like these two coming to the clubs rescue this time.

43 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We have got probably double or triple the budget of every team in the league, easily.

With that budget we should be winning the league by a double digit point total at least. That we aren't is down to retaining McKinnon and allowing him to sign a squad of muck.

Having a home gate of 3,000+ should be a goal start cause the money it affords us over every team in this league should buy quality to ensure that is the case!

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We have got probably double or triple the budget of every team in the league, easily.

With that budget we should be winning the league by a double digit point total at least. That we aren't is down to retaining McKinnon and allowing him to sign a squad of muck.

Having a home gate of 3,000+ should be a goal start cause the money it affords us over every team in this league should buy quality to ensure that is the case!

Exactly.  We're pissing our budget advantage away on rubbish like da vita etc.

With the budget we had/have, we should be more comfortable in the league.

With the players assembled, I don’t blame the management for how they set up last night considering the result against Clyde, the psychological impact of losing to your rivals for the league (resulting in two consecutive losses) and being four points behind, with the league being out of our hands.

I do blame them both for a poor January window which has led to this though. We’ve went from having a quite technical midfield perhaps lacking a bit of width and pace, to having no creativity in the middle of the park and now resulting to a long, high ball game. Todd and De Vita haven’t helped fix those problems, the latter being a signing we would have absolutely criticised Houston or McKinnon for making (in fair people did criticise it on here).

Here’s hoping we win this league and rebuild for next year, with a clearer identity as to what we want from our team/recruitment as it’s been a shambles for 2 seasons now.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's the problem. Some players and some of the supporters are turning up thinking just that. Having supported this club since the 60"s I have never witnessed a decline like this since that moment of madness when Willie Cunningham was sacked ! It took a visionary like Eddie Moffat and Alex T to drag us back from the brink 8 years later. But I don't see dyed in the wool Falkirk people like these two coming to the clubs rescue this time.

There have been Falkirk people that wanted to come to the rescue but they have been pissed about so as the MSG can play silly b*****ds and acting like giving any quarter to the support is a weakness.  IF we do go up i still see a rebuilding job to be done but what budget is available or will be made available is anyones guess but the damage that is being done to the club over ownership and lack of leadership is going to hinder us in the long run.

As for team selection M and M are doing basically what McKinnon had to do with Hartleys duds and see this season out and see where we are at. January was disapointing for transfer window but they said themselves they wont add anyone to the team who lacks the quality they want.

I’m not sure that M&M had much say in transfer window, my guess is that we had to pay Tidser Bell significant cash that impacted any further transfers, however I may be way off mark 

I think you are

Don’t want to single Gomis our here but wanting to make a point. He’s is a great footballer with an excellent footballing brain. He is also very tidy on the ball and generally finds the man with the pass.

However the last 2 games specifically we have needed drive
, pace and aggression (in the right way) in the midfield and that’s not what he offers.