The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Yeah that’s him we’ve got this picture thanks, appreciate you taking the time to look.

I don't ever remember a Falkirk team photo with Gordon in it unfortunately. There wasn't always a team photo taken back in the 70s.

You can certainly tell him that fans of that era remember him though. No nonsense centre back and well thought of.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

RR in most predictable post of the day shocker.
Had nothing positive to say about M&M whilst there’s been a clear improvement, and whilst there’s some valid concern over some of the decisions taken yesterday, apparently they are now a complete waste of a wage but Tidser wasn’t?
Even more baffling......

Predictable in that I’m not part of this “BSLM” love in? I’ve had nothing positive to say about them because there is fu*k all positive to say. They should never have been appointed in the first place. It was a desperate last throw of the dice by a collective group of failures in an attempt to get the fans off their back. Unfortunately plenty have lapped it up. 

Also, I never said anywhere that M&M were a complete waste of a wage. I was questioning those who thought Tidser was, especially when you compare him to the dross we’ve been left with. The January transfer window was fu*king dreadful, and that’s on M&M.

Durnan. LOL. He is to defending as David Hutton is to goalkeeping. Utterly, woefully inept.

They’ve both been pretty shite all season but since the turn of the year Durnan has turned a corner imo just been total no nonsense and taking no risks with the ball whereas Buchanan’s game is somehow managing to get worse. Every week he’s trying to dribble through midfield and gets the ball taken off him, letting the ball bounce needlessly all the fucking time, woeful passer of the ball and he seems completely unable to direct a header.

Appreciate you won’t really give a f**k about all that but just felt like I should highlight that how bad you think Durnan is Buchanan is quite considerably worse.

17 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Watched the highlights, thought it was pretty even but poor defending from Falkirk.

lang won the ball in the run up to the penalty for Clyde imo

Yes he won the ball but he came through the back of Connelly to do it which is supposed to be a no-no nowadays.

12 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I quite like wee Connolly. I think there's a player there... I'd keep him. I think he's a bit better than the other shite we have 

Why would it be unpopular? He's a good wee player who gives everything he's got which is very important to the team.

Connolly has been consistently decent for about 2/3 months now. How he found himself out the first 11 I’ll never know 
We changed to 3 at the back. No room for a winger like him in that formation. He deserves credit for knocking down in that time and also for adding end product to his game. It's been a common theme of our recent and enduring shiteness that absolutely no one aside from the strikers wants to get in the box and gamble on a chance. Connolly is doing it and getting rewards from it.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, bairn88 said:
Connolly has been consistently decent for about 2/3 months now. How he found himself out the first 11 I’ll never know 

We changed to 3 at the back. No room for a winger like him in that formation. He deserves credit for knocking down in that time and also for adding end product to his game. It's been a common theme of our recent and enduring shiteness that absolutely no one aside from the strikers wants to get in the box and gamble on a chance. Connolly is doing it and getting rewards from it.

Subtle but more accurate IMO.

Edited by ShaggerG

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Is he allowed to play for us under the
Loan transfer rules?

Don't think so, as it's outside the registration window. He doesn't even seem to have been getting much of a look in for Brechin anyway. Strange stuff again.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Aye don’t think he is able to play for us now until next season. Unsure if maybe the idea is to loan him out to a junior/lowland league team to get some football.

If he's played for Falkirk and Brechin this season he can't play for anyone else.