The Falkirk FC Thread

As I said on the match forum they were outthought by Lennon today.

What worries me is everyone on planet earth could see we lacked creativity and a partner for McManus. Yet despite (by their own admission) being offered cash they didn’t sort it. We waisted loans on a reserve keeper and De Vita. They should have been the options.

I don’t buy this January window is difficult shite. Just work really hard and identify players and get them signed. Hartley did it as did Houston the year we got to the cup final too.

Christ we are meant to be taking advice from the “best scout Britain has” surely he could have helped?

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

As I said on the match forum they were outthought by Lennon today.

What worries me is everyone on planet earth could see we lacked creativity and a partner for McManus. Yet despite (by their own admission) being offered cash they didn’t sort it. We waisted loans on a reserve keeper and De Vita. They should have been the options.

I don’t buy this January window is difficult shite. Just work really hard and identify players and get them signed. Hartley did it as did Houston the year we got to the cup final too.

Christ we are meant to be taking advice from the “best scout Britain has” surely he could have helped?

Worry for me is you tend to use your best connections to get players in at first when you get into the job.  If that's the likes of da vita then we're in real trouble. Recruitment has been awful for years now and shows no sign of changing any time soon.

I’d love to know the real reason why it didn’t work for Tidser. I don’t think he played anywhere near what he is capable of, but got to be a better shout than Da Vita, Telfer. We had a midfield last year in Paton and Osman that created nothing, now we’ve ended up with Miller and Gomis (who i actually like) but where’s the creativity there?

M&M repeatedly covering for players who don’t deliver week after week only achieves one thing. It gives the players permission to keep on doing it, and boy, some of ours have their snouts deep in the nosebag of “we don’t give a f**k”.

50 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Got the fear that we scrape up via the playoffs and we keep this management team for next season. 

As Shadwell said they look to have no decent contacts, had a dreadful transfer window and are getting out managed at League One level by part time teams. 

This is a grim fucking squad. 

I don’t want to be to hard on them as they are new to this game but they need to learn fast.

If I see one more post talking about how good looking Lee is I’ll scream.

Heard a couple of guys yesterday talking about our midfield, interesting to hear that if you actually look at our midfield, we’re almost playing with two forward sweepers in Gomis & Millar, which leaves a huge gaping hole,.

It’s no wonder that with that set up, and Clydes midfield 3, we hardly won a second ball yesterday.

M&M more concerned with trying to be fu*king banter merchants and a hit with the Falkirk maws. Dumbarton did them a massive favour today, Tuesday was almost shit or bust for them. With the exception of one or two performances (Raith and Hearts), they’ve done nothing that you or I couldn’t do. The January window was a joke. And there’s folk who thought Tidser was a waste of a wage? As clueless as the 2 clowns in the dugout.

RR in most predictable post of the day shocker.
Had nothing positive to say about M&M whilst there’s been a clear improvement, and whilst there’s some valid concern over some of the decisions taken yesterday, apparently they are now a complete waste of a wage but Tidser wasn’t?
Even more baffling......

RR in most predictable post of the day shocker.
Had nothing positive to say about M&M whilst there’s been a clear improvement, and whilst there’s some valid concern over some of the decisions taken yesterday, apparently they are now a complete waste of a wage but Tidser wasn’t?
Even more baffling......

There has been improvement but the same lack of creativity and striking options are still there.

They have not addressed this and if we don’t go up that will be down to them

21 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

As posted I think we got a bit of an awakening yesterday, where the f..... did the spirit and attitude that was in plenty against Hearts ? I posted about bringing back Durnan yesterday, as now obvious that just maybe is a better cover for Buchanan ? Plenty for M&M to get corrected against RR, make no bones winner I believe will go on to win league ?

Durnan would have made zero difference. He'd have been murdered by Goodwillie in exactly the same way the other two were. None of the three centre halves are anywhere near fit for purpose and none of them can handle the slightest bit of pace, guile or movement in the opposition forwards. Hall looks a poor signing. De Vita is the kind of Bung a washed up old mate a contract signing that a Houston or a McKinnon would have been absolutely slaughtered for. Offers nothing. Neither could get a look in for an absolutely abysmal Partick Thistle. That should have been warning enough to steer well clear. January Window has been very poorly managed.

Durnan would have made zero difference. He'd have been murdered by Goodwillie in exactly the same way the other two were. None of the three centre halves are anywhere near fit for purpose and none of them can handle the slightest bit of pace, guile or movement in the opposition forwards. Hall looks a poor signing. De Vita is the kind of Bung a washed up old mate a contract signing that a Houston or a McKinnon would have been absolutely slaughtered for. Offers nothing. Neither could get a look in for an absolutely abysmal Partick Thistle. That should have been warning enough to steer well clear. January Window has been very poorly managed.

Hall IMO was the best of the back 4. I didn’t think he did too badly

Spoiler

Shortcomings were exposed on Saturday and a reality check. Clyde were the better team and deserved the win - end of.

We are still one point behind going into the Raith game that is a 9 pointer. For whoever wins will get a massive lift and kick on while the loser will be there for the taking. Suspect a draw will be the result.

16 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

...better to have a couple of class acts like Goodwillie and surround him him with decent and willing hard workers than 11 average Championship jobbers. 

There’s something to that thought. If Vaughan had not done his knee yet again, I reckon we would have been damn near out of sight by now. Two or three class players as a base with a group of hungry younger players and a sprinkling of experienced players seems a decent plan. One class player is too easily lost to injury or suspension...two leaves you vulnerable...three might be the sweet spot, but finding three class players to sign in Scottish League One is a  Sisyphean task.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There’s something to that thought. If Vaughan had not done his knee yet again, I reckon we would have been damn near out of sight by now. Two or three class players as a base with a group of hungry younger players and a sprinkling of experienced players seems a decent plan. One class player is too easily lost to injury or suspension...two leaves you vulnerable...three might be the sweet spot, but finding three class players to sign in Scottish League One is a  Sisyphean task.

Has Vaughan even got close to the form and consistency since the time he as good relegated you on loan ?

Is it a dozen or so games in two seasons, I wouldn't hinge all my dreams on him being the answer onwards.

There isn't a player worth the admission fee in this league, when Ryan Stevenson comes back nearly twice the player(shirt size) from the juniors and performs well at Stranraer, you know the standard is just woeful.

We have the best worst defence in the league due to the standard !!

I think Vaughan was back to his best, or near enough, when he did his knee in again at Station Park. He wasn't just a goal threat himself but caused panic in defences with his speed and directness, creating openings for others. He's been badly missed.

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Very true ! even better if you have got a core of young players on the up learning as they playing beside them. If you are lucky enough to have 2 or 3 players between the two groups you have hit the sweet spot. Very hard thing to do and there are only 2 maybe 3 seasons you have that. Think any supporter can think of eras like that and remember them fondly.

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Has Vaughan even got close to the form and consistency since the time he as good relegated you on loan ?

Is it a dozen or so games in two seasons, I wouldn't hinge all my dreams on him being the answer onwards.

Yeah he has. He scored 23 goals in our first season down here where he single handedly carried our attacking threat. He got 9 in 13 games last season and 2 in the 157 minutes he has played this season. His quality is absolutely not in question, his injuries are the only reason he is anywhere near this level.

However, you are right, given his injury record it is very difficult to hang your hopes on him with full confidence for a season. 

Hi, I wonder if anyone on this thread could help me. My uncle Gordon Hamilton who played for your club in the 70’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and he also had a heart attack last week. Would anyone have a team photograph of him as he talks fondly of his time as a professional footballer, it would be great if anyone could share. The manager at the time was Billy Lamont, the more memories we can share with him the better it is for him. Thanks Gary

25 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Hi, I wonder if anyone on this thread could help me. My uncle Gordon Hamilton who played for your club in the 70’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and he also had a heart attack last week. Would anyone have a team photograph of him as he talks fondly of his time as a professional footballer, it would be great if anyone could share. The manager at the time was Billy Lamont, the more memories we can share with him the better it is for him. Thanks Gary

25 minutes ago, Gary Hamilton said:

Is that him, 2nd from right in the back row?

5862c8693392b_Airdrie1980-81.jpg.8d8e9c9d289bff6cfd4b5dd6b35a60c6.jpg.1269d4e68feeb6a1dc95c2bf680b3b05.jpg