The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Just an FYI but I will be pulling up anybody who posts that "Longridge only has 1 good game in 5"

1) It's a load of made up drivel 

2) Even if it was true, it's still 1 in 5 more than either of those shitehouses we played up front today

It's not made up drivel unfortunately. In the East Fife game, his first meaningful touch was 5 minutes before he was subbed off in the 2nd half. 

Like too many players in this squad, he hides and can be completely anonymous. 

Agree that he's a better option than donkey and donkeyer though. Sick fed up of Sammon conning a wage - the ball always seems to be just out of reach because he doesn't appear to actually give a shit.  McMillan can gtf now.

M&M say the idea behind an 18 man squad is it's bad for morale to have players outwith the match squad not getting a game. That's bollocks. It means players aren't worried for their places and don't try a leg. 

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's not made up drivel unfortunately. In the East Fife game, his first meaningful touch was 5 minutes before he was subbed off in the 2nd half. 

Like too many players in this squad, he hides and can be completely anonymous. 

6 goals and 8 assists in 26 games this season, with near enough half of those being off the bench. He must be a world beater in the 20% of games where he shows up!

We are crying out for someone to take the ball on and make something happen but we have this myth perpetuated on here that our most creative player disappears every week. I don't know what sport some people watch.

The accusations folk level at Longridge are for inconsistency, something that's absolutely standard for a tricky lower league player. For some reason though folk seem to say he hides or goes missing. He doesnt. Louis works like f**k.

Folk need to watch the footballing dictionary definition of hiding, Charlie Telfer, and have a think about levelling the same sort of criticism at Longridge. I get the impression many havent forgiven him for going to the fifers. It must be something like that, because him not starting ahead of one of the front two (take your pick) or Telfer today is clown shoes stuff from M&M. Let's have the criticism aswell as the praise for the management team. They set us up to fail today.

Just an FYI but I will be pulling up anybody who posts that "Longridge only has 1 good game in 5"
1) It's a load of made up drivel 
2) Even if it was true, it's still 1 in 5 more than either of those shitehouses we played up front today
I'm with you. Then I've been a wee fan girl since his first spell.

6 goals and 8 assists in 26 games this season, with near enough half of those being off the bench. He must be a world beater in the 20% of games where he shows up!
We are crying out for someone to take the ball on and make something happen but we have this myth perpetuated on here that our most creative player disappears every week. I don't know what sport some people watch.

Our most creative player will start on Tuesday for sure and that isn’t Longridge. Although the latter should be starting upfront alongside him....

I was at your game today. I can only apologise to you on behalf of all at St Johnstone for David McMillan. I honestly have no idea how a scout or our manager/coaching staff ended up giving him more than a second look, never mind a 2 and a half year contract. 

Of the ex saints players in your team, I thought miller performed best and he was playing in a position I’d never seen him play before! Finishing a match with De Vita and Gary Miller as your centre mids is wild. 

If we don’t go up that January window needs looked at. It was crucial we added a few really decent quality signings - Hartley managed it in his first season ffs, it is doable. Instead we added de vita (genuinely hopeless), hall (I think a worse defender than Durnan), Todd (injury prone and not as good as longridge or Connolly, but an okay squad player) and lost a few, including tidser who never got a fair shot. A laughable shitshow. M and M need questioned over it 

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Our forwards have been firing blanks for a while now. I fully expect you to grind out some sort of result on Tuesday.

Get some serious money on a draw imo. We’re both as bad as each other and really wouldn’t shock me if a montrose or east fife leapfrogged us. Might have sounded crazy a couple of weeks ago but I think they both have more capability than either of us to string 5/6 wins together

A disaster right from the start. Poor team selection and some really bad performances from us today.

Dixon was awful but has been very good for months so can’t criticise too much. Buchanan is dreadful and was clearly terrified of Goodwillie. I’m sorry but being an ex season ticket holder doesn’t cut it. It’s time he was “rested” and Gary Miller took the arm band.

McMillan should never be seen in a Falkirk top again, Telfer has shown up for about an hour all season, Sammon is an imposter and yet we could/should still win this awful league  

Heres hoping we see a reaction on Tuesday

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Get some serious money on a draw imo. We’re both as bad as each other and really wouldn’t shock me if a montrose or east fife leapfrogged us. Might have sounded crazy a couple of weeks ago but I think they both have more capability than either of us to string 5/6 wins together

Before today I would have laughed at that idea, but Montrose are surely the hot hand and have two extra games. It’s not totally far-fetched.

We are utter shite, Sleeve tattoo and herbal life have just made the players try a bit harder, but the players are average at best, better to have a couple of class acts like Goodwillie and surround him him with decent and willing hard workers than 11 average Championship jobbers. 

Telfer and Mcmillan were the worst today, folk going mental at Sammon but he's head and shoulders ahead of the McMillan. Telfer is slower than me and soft as shite, absolute imposter!  

We are so far away from being a decent team its frightening!

Just now, TxRover said:

Before today I would have laughed at that idea, but Montrose are surely the hot hand and have two extra games. It’s not totally far-fetched.

Thats you won then!

Every time a team needs a win, striker needs a goal, the patron Saint of lost Causes- Saint Falkirk will fucking help you out.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

If we don’t go up that January window needs looked at. It was crucial we added a few really decent quality signings - Hartley managed it in his first season ffs, it is doable. Instead we added de vita (genuinely hopeless), hall (I think a worse defender than Durnan), Todd (injury prone and not as good as longridge or Connolly, but an okay squad player) and lost a few, including tidser who never got a fair shot. A laughable shitshow. M and M need questioned over it 

M&M more concerned with trying to be fu*king banter merchants and a hit with the Falkirk maws. Dumbarton did them a massive favour today, Tuesday was almost shit or bust for them. With the exception of one or two performances (Raith and Hearts), they’ve done nothing that you or I couldn’t do. The January window was a joke. And there’s folk who thought Tidser was a waste of a wage? As clueless as the 2 clowns in the dugout.

3 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

M&M more concerned with trying to be fu*king banter merchants and a hit with the Falkirk maws. Dumbarton did them a massive favour today, Tuesday was almost shit or bust for them. With the exception of one or two performances (Raith and Hearts), they’ve done nothing that you or I couldn’t do. The January window was a joke. And there’s folk who thought Tidser was a waste of a wage? As clueless as the 2 clowns in the dugout.

I wouldn’t go as far as that, and I still like them as people and really wish they do well for us, but we’re about 3 months into their tenure and there’s already been some baffling stuff. Their away league record is also 2 wins out of 6, pathetic return so far 

Listening to BSLM interview there and got as far as ‘nobody hid today’ and sacked it off. Now I know he’s not exactly going to lambast the players on public or anything like that but f**k me after a horrific performance like that to come away with the usual cliches and say we were unlucky is absolute shite.

If nobody hid then what the f**k were De Vita and Telfer doing today?

Look! how can we have managers who make such bad decisions in life?

Miller having a sleeve tattoo could maybe put down to “daft boyness” but he was well into his twenties before getting his.

McCracken is a real piece of work hawking a pyramid scheme, whilst in a position of influence - if he didn’t figure it out as a pyramid scheme he’s clearly too thick to be a football manager. 

so we have two managers who clearly aren’t that bright. Both Largs cone graduates - we have no fucking chance. Better not to go up with these clowns and totally rebuild.  If we go up with these clowns we’ll yo yo from champ to 1st instead of prem to champ.