The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Agree with post, not sure our crowds would go to levels of 500, but with the potential  of losing similar amounts of cash, I would imagine that we’d be in a critical situation. 

A few  weeks ago I suggested that we would become facing the abyss should we not get up, nothing has changed.

In 1970-1 we were getting home crowds against provincial clubs 0f 8-9000. 5 years later we were declining to the 500 level so the drop won't come overnight- but it will happen. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

500 would take a while to reach. But this year versus last, average attendance looks down about 19%, which is mostly lower visitors, on the whole. Next year they numbers would drop again from home fans hiving away,  but it it would probably take a clearly uninterested BoD, and the better part of a decade, to reach that nadir.

Agree it won't be overnight, but it happened before and it can happen again.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Doubt if we would go as low as 500 but another couple of shambolic seasons could have crowds down around the 1k to 1500 mark.

That effects the future support. Parents not taking the kids to the game and there you go a generation not motivated or caring about FFC. 

No stories about the 1957 team, great goals , great players , the laugh and the banter,  the joy of cheering on a win with your mates.

Gone lost forever !

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

4th April - Falkirk vs Airdrie 

Game moved to 7.20pm kick off on BBC

That will be the gate down in numbers 

They would've wet their knickers for the Falkirk v Raith game if it was earlier, nowt much to see in both ours and Raith's run ins for Tv bar that

17 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

On the face of it seems a very strange one given Kibble's "day job". Not obvious why they would divert funds to a football club but it is presumably in their favour to do so.

Seems to fit into their base plan rather well. Here’s their statement:
https://www.kibble.org/news/fan-vote-kicks-off-historic-partnership/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=st_mirren_210220

11 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyone at that meet the manager thing for the sponsors? Anything worth noting? 

Yes and no., in that order.

I was hoping someone would ask the questions which have been raised on here a few times, ie:

Why did we end the transfer window with a much smaller squad than we started it? Has the budget been cut? What was the problem with Tidser and why did we let him go?  Why do you keep playing shite players like (insert names beginning with Dur, Sam or Tel).

It was a pleasant evening and M&M spoke well, as they always do. But the folk who turned up didn't grill the management or ask them any difficult questions.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

These people must know what they are doing but to me it does seem strange. I would have thought job opportunities at a football club the size of St Mirren would be limited. Unless it's purely for training purposes but then wouldn't they be doing this anyway without spending the charity's cash on shares in a football club?   

"Crucially, this partnership will help change the lives of some of the most vulnerable young people in Scotland – by allowing us to step up our young workforce development programme to provide training and job opportunities based around the club’s facilities and operations.”

Yes and no., in that order.
I was hoping someone would ask the questions which have been raised on here a few times, ie:
Why did we end the transfer window with a much smaller squad than we started it? Has the budget been cut? What was the problem with Tidser and why did we let him go?  Why do you keep playing shite players like (insert names beginning with Dur, Sam or Tel).
It was a pleasant evening and M&M spoke well, as they always do. But the folk who turned up didn't grill the management or ask them any difficult questions.

As I said earlier - meet the manager selfie night.

Just have a proper event that is not restricted. M&M have nothing but credit in the bank so nothing to fear for them and I would bet they would be delighted to do it.

These people must know what they are doing but to me it does seem strange. I would have thought job opportunities at a football club the size of St Mirren would be limited. Unless it's purely for training purposes but then wouldn't they be doing this anyway without spending the charity's cash on shares in a football club?   
 "Crucially, this partnership will help change the lives of some of the most vulnerable young people in Scotland – by allowing us to step up our young workforce development programme to provide training and job opportunities based around the club’s facilities and operations.”

Loads of grants will be available to organisations that train and re-skill people.

They won’t have done this without an upside.

14 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Loads of grants will be available to organisations that train and re-skill people.

They won’t have done this without an upside.

It strikes me as a way to host events tied in, hiring opportunities at the team and stadia, educational opportunities in management and operations, an attraction to disaffected youth, a way to offer incentives to youth being assisted through admission etc, lots of tie ins. Might just be a very smart move, and I'd expect SPFL to have their toes in with an opportuity for good publicity.

I can't get onto falkirk TV. after I tried to log on with my son's switch. I'm getting a message saying something called WordPress has limited my access and I can't get on at all. Anyone had this before?

Get in touch with them on Twitter or email admin@falkirkfc.tv and they’ll get you sorted

I can't get onto falkirk TV. after I tried to log on with my son's switch. I'm getting a message saying something called WordPress has limited my access and I can't get on at all. Anyone had this before?
Someone's it gives you a timeout if you try to log in too many times I think.

2 very good wins against 2 in form sides this week in Montrose and East Fife.

Youd think that would mean wed be in a better position in the league and an easier run coming however raith and airdrie keep on winning.

our last two games of the 3rd quarter are against clyde and raith away. raith have dumbarton away and us at home. we've lost against clyde this season and by all accounts they should have probably beaten raith today or drawn. my additional fear is we play clyde without McManus and I cant remember when sammon last scored (6 all season is a poor return for a team whove scored nearly 50).

raith seem not to be playing that well yet grinding out results so not sure if that will catch up with them or it's their year.

with raith at home against us, and us away at hoodoo clyde without McManus I'd say raith are favourites to be top going into the final round of games. if we are still within 1 point after the next 2 games that wouldn't be a disaster

So after today we are down to a bare bones squad if not a squad unable to fill the bench. This could be a deciding moment in how the season pans out

Utterly incompetent we have allowed this to happen. We were always going to get suspensions and injuries.