The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Think we all agree it would be in FFC interests to own the whole stadium and surrounding land. How much the council want should be found out. Once that is known then we know where we stand.

It will be Mark Campbell's business plan , remember he was going to buy it back within 90 days.

I believe magic beans were mentioned.

Q1 Not made public.

Q2 Council get 100% car park money.

Q3 Pie and Refreshment money goes to Stadium Company.

1. This was asked at an AGM a couple for years back. We pay a service charge of around 100k/year but charge the Foundation for rent bring the cost down.

2. May well be true - don't know.

3. Not true this one the club charge a company for the kiosks who run it as a going concern. Don't know who has it now but Hannigan Hotels were doing it at one point.

The bit I believe there has always been a motor battle over has been the cost the club pays for the food in hospitality. We used to be forced to use the stadium company as the supplier and we're getting stung. Not sure if that was resolved or not.

15 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Many a Sunday afternoon in the early 70's playing 8-9 a side at the hockey pitch at the Bleachfield. Nipping into J K Millers at half time to take on water from one of their taps.

Then the customary piss at the side of the pitch 20 minutes later. Happy memories ! Anybody else remember that era ?

I played there regularly on a Sunday afternoon in the early 70`s also. Maybe we were in the same side???😲

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The bit I believe there has always been a motor battle over has been the cost the club pays for the food in hospitality. We used to be forced to use the stadium company as the supplier and we're getting stung. Not sure if that was resolved or not.

It's still the stadium company for hospitality.  The volume of customers up there has increased over the last few years though so it may have given us leverage to negotiate prices down.

39 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I played there regularly on a Sunday afternoon in the early 70`s also. Maybe we were in the same side???😲

Most likely !  Left footed midfield enforcer with goals. played in an old Partick Thistle strip top. You may even have felt the wrath of my tackle if on opposite sides ! There were no vendettas of fights as they were played in the right spirit. 

Happy days indeed !

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

1. This was asked at an AGM a couple for years back. We pay a service charge of around 100k/year but charge the Foundation for rent bring the cost down.

3. Not true this one the club charge a company for the kiosks who run it as a going concern. Don't know who has it now but Hannigan Hotels were doing it at one point.

Q3 Interesting point ! did not know that. That  contradicts of the Community Stadium statutes as they own and manage the facility. Most likely the club lease the kiosks for the season to give them some sort of input/control on the food and drink side of things. But in the grand scheme of things the Stadium company get their cut.

In the end it comes down to this uncomfortable fact. FFC have no where else to go and the stadium company know it. ' It's a case of take it or leave it ! oh look you can't take the latter '

12 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Cannae believe we’re giving 80p in the pound to stadium company. Raging likes 😡

It's an estimate but when you add on. Rent of stadium, services- gas -electric water etc, staff, liability insurance, policing, stewards and on and on. Most dictated by the Stadium Company it all bites into the pound you spend getting in.

Am coming round to the thought. If we want to progress outright ownership of the stadium has to come first.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Compare that to livi which get charged 35k when they are not in the top flight and 100k when they are. I presume that we're paying the same whatever league we are in due to us having a feckin dreadful council.

20 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Posted earlier on another topic that from the first minute we entered Westfield farm, it was a catalogue of disasters we signed in/up to by inexperienced individuals. Going by the recent posts which do not surprise me, it’s going to take a very large payout to get complete ownership away from the council. If the adjoining land is council owned, I would hazard a guess that we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of purchasing.

With the Falkirk Gateway, there seems to be considerable interest in developing all the Westfield site and surroundings. 

Was against the Westfield design from the start. Smaller main stand with a similar stand behind one or both of the goals and take it from there. We could maybe have got full ownership or at least maximum stake holding in the stadium company. But No ! we built that ego trip of a main stand so if you are at the back its an atmosphere vacuum.

With the situation we are in now, with hind sight and the money being screwed from the club for evermore. Redevelopment of Brockville bit by bit would have been the better option. 

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was against the Westfield design from the start. Smaller main stand with a similar stand behind one or both of the goals and take it from there. We could maybe have got full ownership or at least maximum stake holding in the stadium company. But No ! we built that ego trip of a main stand so if you are at the back its an atmosphere vacuum.

With the situation we are in now, with hind sight and the money being screwed from the club for evermore. Redevelopment of Brockville bit by bit would have been the better option. 

Council wanted the main stand like that.  We needed 10k seats at the time at brockville and that would never have been possible without knocking the whole thing down and moving the pitch. No chance of us financing that. Moving was the only real answer at the time. Just a shame we made a complete mess of the new place but again we allowed ourselves to be shafted by the council whilst other councils bend over backwards for their local teams.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Most likely !  Left footed midfield enforcer with goals. played in an old Partick Thistle strip top. You may even have felt the wrath of my tackle if on opposite sides ! There were no vendettas of fights as they were played in the right spirit. 

Happy days indeed !

They were great games played in all conditions, my team were mostly Kemlin boys and we usually played against guys from within walking distance of the Bleachfield. Talking about crunching tackles, I remember the ambulance getting called one game after a tackle that resulted in a broken leg!! Were you there that day?

Council wanted the main stand like that.  We needed 10k seats at the time at brockville and that would never have been possible without knocking the whole thing down and moving the pitch. No chance of us financing that. Moving was the only real answer at the time. Just a shame we made a complete mess of the new place but again we allowed ourselves to be shafted by the council whilst other councils bend over backwards for their local teams.

We were never going to be helped by a Council that included the Goldie twins of evil.
They loathe anything to do with FFC.

47 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

They were great games played in all conditions, my team were mostly Kemlin boys and we usually played against guys from within walking distance of the Bleachfield. Talking about crunching tackles, I remember the ambulance getting called one game after a tackle that resulted in a broken leg!! Were you there that day?

Yes ! was playing in that game. Was not a dirty tackle and was one of these things. Lucky that police van was passing soon after as the old wife at the cottage next to the pitch did not have a phone. I was in the walking distance lot. There was good banter from you lot !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker
grammer

35 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes ! hindsight is a great thing. But it is the example that the council was and is in the driving seat. With the millions we have missed out on leaving Brockville in the long term bit by bit redevelopment could have been a better option. But take your point about us having to move.

Posted before about the plans I saw in the R&B Buffet next to the 1066 about a new Brockville. Wish I had them they looked good.  This is what I remember of them.

Main stand knocked down and stadium moved back. New main stand at Watson Street. With smaller stands round the rest of the ground. Corners filled in with seating except for the Meeks Road house gable end which was going to be for disabled and children. But hey ! it never happened and a case of what if.

We are where we are ! and it ain't a good place.

Change will only come with change of ownership.

Or a partial change of ownership might be enough to do the trick. If that were to happen, the newcomers would have to be up for doing the micro and the macro (which would be no bad thing).

Interesting that since the new chairman took the helm, and there was a wee hint of possibly something new, it all seems to have fallen into the same old pattern of zero communication.

He’s only the monkey mate the organ grinders need to approve everything he does.

We are his 8th club albeit a lot of loans, he is 25 now and I think with a young family, you just never know. He has chased £s like so many by going to Dingwall and like many didn't settle there long term.
Id guess it will come down to cash and length of contract, cant see him trying England again but you never know.
Scoring goals for fun in the league he has done it afore will only get him more suitors 

Concerns about his ability to score regularly in a full time league will ensure he gets a chance to prove himself with us ! If we go up

41 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Concerns about his ability to score regularly in a full time league will ensure he gets a chance to prove himself with us ! If we go up

He has done the business for us that's for sure. Plus he try's and puts a shift in. If we go up and its a big if - he deserves a crack at a higher level. That's fair !