The Falkirk FC Thread

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

5 ex Bairns on show, none of whom were rated by us. It's quite amazing the number of players who seem to do better elsewhere. Maybe we're just too picky!

More to do with a drop in standards. United look bang average but are running away with that league.  A few years ago they wouldve been struggling to get in the playoffs. Meanwhile raith are beating partick. Championship is currently pretty pish.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

42 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Fun day in Kirkcaldy ! ! ! ? It's a god forsaken hole.

Half an hour on the train, big support by us so a decent atmosphere etc, ground close to the centre to plenty of pubs. 

Absolutely no disagreement that Kirkcaldy is a hole though. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Half an hour on the train, big support by us so a decent atmosphere etc, ground close to the centre to plenty of pubs. 

Absolutely no disagreement that Kirkcaldy is a hole though. 

Was being kind - was going to call it arsehole of the universe.  ie - Dark smelly place that nobody wants to look at.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Mr Dust you are very good at telling people they are wrong. Are you in the know and have info to share with us?

For what it’s worth, I heard Tidsers signing on fee was closer to 10k with a further 15k if they win promotion. Add that to a decent weekly wage and he’s not gona scupper that move waiting on a pay off from us. I’m not saying he walked for nothing but we quite probably won out the deal.

Bell was also desperate to get a way as I believe he was commuting from Ayrshire so wouldn’t have taken much to shift him either considering the wage he’s probably picking up at QP.

Couod all be hearsay and no doubt you’ll tell me I’m wrong but just thought I’d share 👍🏻

I have never stated anyone is wrong.

All the cards are in players hands when they are under contract and will milk the club out what they can and many have the last few years.

As for telling you that you are wrong, that's all up to you if you want to believe hearsay, a mighty 384 average crowd last season for Kelty, the owner does have and need deep pockets.

I can only guess the pay outs for two players has hindered our transfer activity, not hearsay but 2 players in and 7 out, Miller's mood post Stranraer interview when asked about transfer activity says it all as we are left with 17 or 18 players.

Are people really saying we’d have no chance of getting promotion via the play offs if absolutely necessary?

Our performance against Arbroath suggests otherwise, and whilst it may be a Mickey Mouse competition, Raith winning at Firhill is another pointer that the gap between bottom of the Championship and the top of League One is minuscule.

Whilst I don’t have much affection for this season’s bunch of journeymen masquerading as Falkirk players, overall I think it’s a better side than that relegated last season.

So much dramatic comment on here sometimes.....

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are people really saying we’d have no chance of getting promotion via the play offs if absolutely necessary?

Our performance against Arbroath suggests otherwise, and whilst it may be a Mickey Mouse competition, Raith winning at Firhill is another pointer that the gap between bottom of the Championship and the top of League One is minuscule.

Whilst I don’t have much affection for this season’s bunch of journeymen masquerading as Falkirk players, overall I think it’s a better side than that relegated last season.

So much dramatic comment on here sometimes.....

The seaside air has that kind of effect on people. That plus being second after 2/3’s of the season in a league that most though they would win. Unless Alloa are massively stronger than Partick, the top of League One isn’t terribly far off the bottom of the Championship, however Partick did have a couple of important players out. Whomever makes the playoff spot will have a fair chance this year.

9 hours ago, MrDust said:

All the cards are in players hands when they are under contract and will milk the club out what they can and many have the last few years.

And many have left with less than you would expect, or in some cases nothing.

It's all about the details of the contract. For example the club says to a player we'll give you a contract for 12 months, which can be extended to 24 months if we win promotion / don't get relegated and / or you start half the games etc, etc. They then include a clause which says that if you leave before a second year gets triggered you're entitled to 10% of what you would have been paid for that second year.

I obviously don't know the contract details of FFC players. However, I've heard a lot of conversations about salaries and contracts over the years, usually from players gossiping about what others are getting.

I believe the player you're referring to was entitled to a specific amount which may well have been less than you think. 

21 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Raith were miles ahead of Partick last night. They are going to take a fair bit to reel them in IMO

We need to maintain our current form & beat Raith in the head to heads. A simple task yet a huge challenge & absolute respect to M&M if they succeed in turning a small squad of disinterested jobbers into champions (I believe they've already gone some way to achieving this & hope we continue to improve). 

28 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

We need to maintain our current form & beat Raith in the head to heads. A simple task yet a huge challenge & absolute respect to M&M if they succeed in turning a small squad of disinterested jobbers into champions (I believe they've already gone some way to achieving this & hope we continue to improve). 

Still think it will be a last game of the season shootout. Hopefully our goal difference gives us the draw.

Start growing your finger nails now folks !

11 hours ago, MrDust said:

can only guess the pay outs for two players has hindered our transfer activity, not hearsay but 2 players in and 7 out, Miller's mood post Stranraer interview when asked about transfer activity says it all as we are left with 17 or 18 players.

I’m of the understanding that money is available and the preference is to sign a striker. However M&M only want someone who is going to improve the first 11 (understandably). I would guess that finding that player is what is “hindering” our transfer activity not getting 2 high earners off the wage bill. 

13 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m of the understanding that money is available and the preference is to sign a striker. However M&M only want someone who is going to improve the first 11 (understandably). I would guess that finding that player is what is “hindering” our transfer activity not getting 2 high earners off the wage bill. 

Too late now then. The whole month of january was available to do that if that is indeed the case. I would like to think their hands are tied financially or they are taking a big gamble with the squad we have.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Raith were miles ahead of Partick last night. They are going to take a fair bit to reel them in IMO

I agree. I just don’t see us having the quality or depth to win the league.

I am really disappointed that we didn’t bring anyone else in during the transfer window. A couple of injuries or suspensions and we are struggling big time.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I'm not sure about miles ahead. Thought they were the better side but looked very fragile when partick finally went for it towards the end.  Some better finishing and it would've been a draw.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree. I just don’t see us having the quality or depth to win the league.

I am really disappointed that we didn’t bring anyone else in during the transfer window. A couple of injuries or suspensions and we are struggling big time.

Not sure what the idea was in bringing the likes of da vita and hall in to sit on the bench. We needed to improve the first 11 more surely and the guys dropping out could then improve the bench.  

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure what the idea was in bringing the likes of da vita and hall in to sit on the bench. We needed to improve the first 11 more surely and the guys dropping out could then improve the bench.  

DeVita was added to bringing a bit of a creative spark (i think it was Miller that said  in his interview when asked about him "to add something in the final third of the game") Hall i would say to replace Durnan unfortunately its not Halls fault Durnan has finally got his finger out his arse and looking a bit better the past couple of games (he's still an accident waiting to happen, just a bit less than before Hall arrived).

Forget our decent performance v hearts, forget looking better than raith last game despite having 10 men for most of the game, forget almost pumping raith away but for 2 cracking free kicks by them and us still having ray in charge, raith played well against partick, league over. So many people so negative on here all the time 😞

So Raith beat a half strength Partick Thistle and all of a sudden they become un catchable?? Just a reminder that Raith are pish...the problem is we’re equally as pish.

Was Raiths performance last night any better than ours against Hearts or Arbroath? Doubt it. Was anyone waxing lyrical about how amazing Raith are when they drew with Stranraer last week?

We could and probably should win the league but it’s gona be close. Let’s not chuck the towel in yet. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tbf, the signing of Hall has seen an improvement in Durnan (albeit only a few games). Not sure what Da Vita brings.