The Falkirk FC Thread

Seen more to suggest M and M have managed to get more out of this squad that RM ever did  and that it is possible still a lot of ifs and whats about it but at least its looking doable now.
IF we go up we need to build from the back up Dixon could prob still do a job but rest of the defence would worry me would like to keep McManus but we need someone up front with him poss Louis would be a shout for that keep Miller definitely and would probably look to making him Captain seems more a natural footballer than Buchanan.

Fixed it.

12 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Aye thats fair, was forgetting McManus cause hes not really our player. Todd and Hall still have a lot to prove for me, LL Gomis and Dixon would be good backup to have next year.

Gomis signing for next year is a good move and having Miller beside him  is a big positive to build on. We need a buzzing in your face player in the Paddy Gregg - Jim Shirra mould to play with them. That give scope for a craftsman in the middle of the park to be the creative spark. 

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Gomis signing for next year is a good move and having Miller beside him  is a big positive to build on. We need a buzzing in your face player in the Paddy Gregg - Jim Shirra mould to play with them. That give scope for a craftsman in the middle of the park to be the creative spark. 

No way should Gomis be starting next year if we go up, I can see him in a role of coming on for the last 20 minutes of games to see them out, but he should be a fringe player, the guys great but he's on his last legs.

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Not a sympathiser of our leadership but no one knows who was paid what. 

Before Tidser left I was speaking to a player he’s paly with and he said that it just never worked out for him from day one with us. That’s sometimes happens with players at a club. He wanted away and we wanted him away so who’s to say that a mutual agreement wasn’t done? He’s still of an age where playing games is what would’ve mattered to him, wouldn’t be at all surprised if the deal was a lot less than paying off his contract. His alternative was to sit idle for a season which would do his career more harm in the long run. 

There is no way a player with 18 months contract is walking away with nothing, in all three cases the ones that left with all going to bottom tier or non league will be looking for £s to go. 

Money paid out was probably the reason it took to the latter stages to get rid of Bell and Tidser, they both are within their right to do so unfortunately for us. 

The 7K mentioned for Tidser will be way off when he had a contract worth 50 to 75k (top end to please Morton)

As for harm to his career, going below league 1 or in his case non league is saying bye to having one

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

No way should Gomis be starting next year if we go up, I can see him in a role of coming on for the last 20 minutes of games to see them out, but he should be a fringe player, the guys great but he's on his last legs.

Agree ! The legs and mobility could be an issue that is why I suggest having a mobile player with stamina around him. He can get on with what he is good at and have a player beside him to compensate for that shortcoming and it works both ways. That's  what building a team is all about. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
4 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Why would that piss Dunfermline off? 

Because they won't be able to Lord it over the pair of us being in the sea side leagues anymore.

Much better having Raith in the division tbh, we've got a decent record against them and it's a fun away day. 

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

There is no way a player with 18 months contract is walking away with nothing, in all three cases the ones that left with all going to bottom tier or non league will be looking for £s to go. 

Money paid out was probably the reason it took to the latter stages to get rid of Bell and Tidser, they both are within their right to do so unfortunately for us. 

The 7K mentioned for Tidser will be way off when he had a contract worth 50 to 75k (top end to please Morton)

As for harm to his career, going below league 1 or in his case non league is saying bye to having one

I probably make more than these players. In the case of Tidser if was miserable every day in work I’d take less than the value of my contract to ‘escape’ even if it only gave me 6 months to find something else. 

don’t under estimate the the drain being miserable at work every day will put on someone even if they have what we’d call a ‘privileged’ job. 

ETA: the shire are paying more than championship clubs for part time players, I also understand that queens are ‘throwing money at it’. Don’t let prejudice of their league status trick you.

Edited by BountyBairn

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Mr Dust you are very good at telling people they are wrong. Are you in the know and have info to share with us?

For what it’s worth, I heard Tidsers signing on fee was closer to 10k with a further 15k if they win promotion. Add that to a decent weekly wage and he’s not gona scupper that move waiting on a pay off from us. I’m not saying he walked for nothing but we quite probably won out the deal.

Bell was also desperate to get a way as I believe he was commuting from Ayrshire so wouldn’t have taken much to shift him either considering the wage he’s probably picking up at QP.

Couod all be hearsay and no doubt you’ll tell me I’m wrong but just thought I’d share 👍🏻

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rakish Bingham playing for DU tonight. God theres some real dross getting a game in that championship the now and they're the league leaders.

5 ex Bairns on show, none of whom were rated by us. It's quite amazing the number of players who seem to do better elsewhere. Maybe we're just too picky!