The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Think Sibbald’s made his debut against a Leeds side too. Thought the Leeds supporters that day were a decent bunch.

Like all football supporters most are a decent bunch want a bit of banter and watch their team with no intention or desire for trouble. Many a memorable pre match pint at the Springfield Vaults at Parkhead chatting to like minded Celtic fans all things football. Have found over the decades that is the attitude of the vast majority of fans. Many occasion have seen Falkirk fans sort out the arseholes among us and long may it continue.

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA

Should have done with the budget at our disposal, compared to other teams in this league.

Would have done if we had had a decent manager in from the start of the season.

Could have done if we had sacked McKinnon right after the Peterhead opening game of the season.

I don't think anybody actually predicted that we would win the league with 100 points but the chance to do so was available to us and we blew it. F*ck you, Ray McKinnon.

i rest my case............

We need to assume Raith are not going to drop any more points than they have to date. To go up we need to improve particularly against the teams around us. We have improved as a squad but to date we have been lucky with injuries whereas raith have been unfortunate and now have players coming back. It’s going to go to the wire I suspect and the fans can help getting right behind the team. We cannot risk play offs too much of a lottery.The only saving grace is if we don’t make it I feel the MSG will go! If they don’t I and many others will.

50 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

You still havent quoted any Falkirk supporter that said we would win this league with 100 pt, as after last season not one supporter would have even went for that before a ball was kicked.  All you have done is highlight should haves but at the same time that argument could have been put to any club.

So basically your just being a bit of a bawbag over something that wasnt posted or said by anyone 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Glad to see you have rested your case based on the square root of f**k all. Makes us all feel safe in the knowledge that you are every bit the shitposting loser you appear.

Says you with slightly less green dots compared to actual posts you've made. Shitposting you say? You'd know.

Edited by Etherglider

You still havent quoted any Falkirk supporter that said we would win this league with 100 pt, as after last season not one supporter would have even went for that before a ball was kicked.  All you have done is highlight should haves but at the same time that argument could have been put to any club.
So basically your just being a bit of a bawbag over something that wasnt posted or said by anyone 

I’d let it go. No-one could convince Son of Sam that it wasn’t his neighbour’s dog telling him to kill women, and we aren’t going to convince this geezer that the “100 point” caper is all just made up bollocks by his own imagination.

9 hours ago, Etherglider said:

Hmmmmm. . . . . . . . . let me see:

The League season starts on August 3rd 2019.

I make a post on February 11th 2020, made in the full knowledge of how dreadful the opposition in this league is and therefore with hindsight, and yet somehow I have  made a "prediction"?

prediction

UK 

/prɪˈdɪk.ʃən/ US 

/prɪˈdɪk.ʃən/

B2
a statement about what you think will happen in the future:

ON THIS DATE, FEBRUARY 12TH 2020, I HEREBY PREDICT THAT IN FUTURE EVERYONE ON P & B WILL KNOW (that is the 1% that don't already know it) THAT ETHERGLIDER IS A PR*CK.
fortune teller gypsy GIF
Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hmmmmm. . . . . . . . . let me see:

The League season starts on August 3rd 2019.

I make a post on February 11th 2020, made in the full knowledge of how dreadful the opposition in this league is and therefore with hindsight, and yet somehow I have  made a "prediction"?

prediction

UK 

/prɪˈdɪk.ʃən/ US 

/prɪˈdɪk.ʃən/

B2
a statement about what you think will happen in the future:

ON THIS DATE, FEBRUARY 12TH 2020, I HEREBY PREDICT THAT IN FUTURE EVERYONE ON P & B WILL KNOW (that is the 1% that don't already know it) THAT ETHERGLIDER IS A PR*CK.
fortune teller gypsy GIF

redundant

[ ri-duhn-duhnt ] 

adjective

characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas; prolix:

You can just say “Etherglider”...the rest is understood.

Remember the Leeds friendly when McAllister on his debut roasted Frankie Gray. Was in the Newmarket Bar for a pre game refreshment when some Leeds fans came in all cocky and Bolshie. No boxing but folk just crowded round them and spit them up into twos and threes. They were strangers in Dodge and the piss takes  were memorable. Anybody else who was in the Newmarket remember the incident ? When they drifted away with their hard man image in tatters to massed Cheerio - Cheerio - Cheerio it was hilarious.

I do but there was another player who made his debut in that game who went on to play for Liverpool .The enigma that was Alan Irvine looked the part had a thunderous shot pace and power unfortunately he lacked the one thing Crunchie had in abundance “composure”. I remember listening on radio five live when he signed for Liverpool and made a man of the match debut against everton, apparently ripping them apart with surging runs and shots that just scrapped the bar or post. Little did they know that that was Alan’s speciality -“ nearly scoring a worldly” I can’t recall where Totts signed him from but it may have also been from the juniors Changed days!

Looks like a bit of storm damage to the main stand.
Chunk of the roof cladding missing and barriers in place across the front of the stand.
Not to worry though Super Lex is on the scene!
given he’s presided over us announcing a victory over hearts in the cup I’m sure he’ll have it seen to before he allocated the main stand the the bears in the next round .Does he have disLEXia as an excuse for being such a fanny

You got rumours to spill with these questions?!
I think we are short by two - defensive cover and another striker. 

Nope wondering if we can or can’t bring any more in