The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I know Falkirk fans who were in the Linlithgow end when we played through there, I take it you would've had then launched out too?

Most fans have done it ! Keep a low profile with colours in your pocket and get to watch your team. The vast majority of the ones who do it just want to see their team and cause no problem. 

In all my years of supporting falkirk, I've never seen away fans in our end, is an absolute disgrace, sack the board. Mind the good old days in the 80s and 90s when we'd get 15000 plus crowds v the old firm with not an away fan anywhere but their own end....lol..  Actually back in the day they opened the gates at half time and you swapped from the hope street to the Watson street end. Giving hearts that wee bit for their fans in our end was pretty sensible. Why slag the club for nothing? Fair enough if they deserve it.

7 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

In all my years of supporting falkirk, I've never seen away fans in our end, is an absolute disgrace, sack the board. Mind the good old days in the 80s and 90s when we'd get 15000 plus crowds v the old firm with not an away fan anywhere but their own end....lol..  Actually back in the day they opened the gates at half time and you swapped from the hope street to the Watson street end. Giving hearts that wee bit for their fans in our end was pretty sensible. Why slag the club for nothing? Fair enough if they deserve it.

Kudos to them, they turned up to support their team.

Yeah, I’ve done the home end a couple of times, but the difference is, I don’t act like a walloper and stand in the corner of the stand with a group of fellow fans singing songs. 

This lot did that from before the game even started, making them easy to spot, and should’ve been hounded out as soon as that happened. It wasn’t a Hearts section. The main stand sweety rustlers really outdid themselves on Saturday, if they’d done that in the SS they would’ve been chucked out and worse 

42 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thankfully and finally against our Edinburgh friends, we got a team on the park that looked like they would run through a brick wall for us and really chuffed with all the effort and attitude albeit not the result I believe we merited, but hey ho we can concentrate on winning the league, had a look at our games till season end, and we have seven home / six away CFs.

Feb: East Fife H - Montrose H - Clyde A.

March: Raith A - Peterhead H - Dumbarton A - Stranraer H - Forfar A.

April: Airdrie H - Clyde H - Montrose A - East Fife A.

May: Raith H.

Looking at how we play out I reckon our Tues March 3rd ( away to Raith ) will be one our most critical / important games that we simply need to win.

We will get 20 -26 points from these games. The Raith , Airdrie , East Fife games take care of themselves, cup ties if you like. It's the teams fighting relegation and the playoffs is where we are most likely to drop unexpected points. Could all come down to a winner takes all on the last game of the season.

55 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thankfully and finally against our Edinburgh friends, we got a team on the park that looked like they would run through a brick wall for us and really chuffed with all the effort and attitude albeit not the result I believe we merited, but hey ho we can concentrate on winning the league, had a look at our games till season end, and we have seven home / six away CFs.

Feb: East Fife H - Montrose H - Clyde A.

March: Raith A - Peterhead H - Dumbarton A - Stranraer H - Forfar A.

April: Airdrie H - Clyde H - Montrose A - East Fife A.

May: Raith H.

Looking at how we play out I reckon our Tues March 3rd ( away to Raith ) will be one our most critical / important games that we simply need to win.

Some really tough away games in there, Raith , Clyde, Montrose and EF are going to be solid.

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We will get 20 -26 points from these games. The Raith , Airdrie , East Fife games take care of themselves, cup ties if you like. It's the teams fighting relegation and the playoffs is where we are most likely to drop unexpected points. Could all come down to a winner takes all on the last game of the season.

I'm not sure to be honest. The big games have been the ones we've struggled with so far.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Fair point ! think there will be a few draws and would settle for that against our nearest rivals. One thing is for certain it's going to go to the wire.

We need to beat whats around us to go up automatically, any more draws against the likes of RR and Airdrie will see us finish 2nd.

I recently went to Farense v Benfica B, there was no away end for Benfica but a pocket of around 30 together Benfica fans from Faro I am guessing.

Each Benfica goal they all celebrated, not one Farense fan scowled at them which I found strange.

It confirmed my whats the point in B teams and that Portugal has more tolerance to away fans albeit probably for the B teams, no way that would go the same way in Scotland.

6 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure to be honest. The big games have been the ones we've struggled with so far.

If you start beating the others in the top four, you will almost certainly move to the top. If we can finally stop dropping points on grass, we’ll be in at the end too. If we had taken care of business away at Stranraer and Peterhead so far this year, we’d have another 7 points! What would your total be with wins rather than Ray’s road specials, eh?

Edit: Fixed factual error, we did beat Dumbarton on grass.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If you start beating the others in the top four, you will almost certainly move to the top. If we can finally stop dropping points on grass, we’ll be in at the end too. If we had taken care of business away at Dumbarton, Stranraer and Peterhead so far this year, we’d have another 11 points! What would your total be with wins rather than Ray’s road specials, eh?

Too many draws. If we had turned 5 of them into wins we would be very well placed.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

i don't think that will be enough, the team needs to be taking around 30 pts from the last 13 games IMO. 20 odds points will pretty much see us continue the form of not beating the teams around us. The form Since M&M took over would suggest 28 points min and i expect them to improve on that. 

Edited by falkirkzombie