The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I don’t recall you ever asking me that question - if you did then I’ve unknowingly missed it.  It’s certainly got nothing to do with lacking bottle so wind your neck in. 

How long a list would you like as to who I think would’ve done a better job thus far? I’ll always maintain that I think Latapy would be a very good appointment for Falkirk but that ship has probably sailed given his location. Other names I’d have offered the job to before M&M include (in no particular order) Darren Young, Danny Lennon, James McDonaugh, Jim McIntyre, Ian Murray, Owen Coyle, Joe McLaughlin...that’s just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, very few names in that list  that I’d call spectacular but that is an indication of how low we’ve sunk. That’s also without considering any candidates from down South or even abroad who might have shown an interest , but as you know fine well, I’ve no way of knowing who applied so can’t answer fully.

Just what the club needs. Another journeyman manager to lead a bunch of journeymen.

No way would we be better off with your suggestions....

25 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just what the club needs. Another journeyman manager to lead a bunch of journeymen.

No way would we be better off with your suggestions....

Only in your opinion obviously...

I answered your question fully. Didn’t expect you to agree with it so we’ll just leave it at that.

This time last season I was pretty confident that we would avoid the drop.
Right now I am not at all confident that we will go up.
As for the MSG/BOD they have either been spectacularly unlucky with their decisions over the past ten years or alternatively they are a no use shower of incompetents.
Can’t decide...

14 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I don’t recall you ever asking me that question - if you did then I’ve unknowingly missed it.  It’s certainly got nothing to do with lacking bottle so wind your neck in. 

How long a list would you like as to who I think would’ve done a better job thus far? I’ll always maintain that I think Latapy would be a very good appointment for Falkirk but that ship has probably sailed given his location. Other names I’d have offered the job to before M&M include (in no particular order) Darren Young, Danny Lennon, James McDonaugh, Jim McIntyre, Ian Murray, Owen Coyle, Joe McLaughlin...that’s just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, very few names in that list  that I’d call spectacular but that is an indication of how low we’ve sunk. That’s also without considering any candidates from down South or even abroad who might have shown an interest , but as you know fine well, I’ve no way of knowing who applied so can’t answer fully.

so basically either washed up journeyman or managers doing absolutely bang average in the league we are in. NOICE.

31 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This time last season I was pretty confident that we would avoid the drop.
Right now I am not at all confident that we will go up.
As for the MSG/BOD they have either been spectacularly unlucky with their decisions over the past ten years or alternatively they are a no use shower of incompetents.
Can’t decide...

I would opt for the latter option, i would say seven of those ten years they were riding their luck and its ran out.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

so basically either washed up journeyman or managers doing absolutely bang average in the league we are in. NOICE.

Wouldn’t call any of them journeymen, other than possibly Coyle who’s still managed at a far higher level than we’re currently at. The only managers in League 1 doing “absolutely bang average” are our own. But hey, if draws with East Fife, Stranraer, Airdrie, Arbroath and last minute winners at Montrose is your thing, don’t let me rain on your parade. Thanks for your valuable contribution, “NOICE”. 👍

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But when you do get good stewardship of a club you get the dividend. St Johnstone is a good example  2 -3 months ago there were moves by some to get rid of Wright. Correctly they had faith in him and got the backing as he sorted out the issues. That club are a good comparison and in many ways to Falkirk and an example that the club should learn from.

100% correct, what did it take? Last at the bottom in 1986, purchase by a local businessman with money, a plan and a willingness to take the time to do it right. It took a move to a purpose built facility (check), after selling their previous pitch to a supermarket (check), that they own (whoops), and a lot of careful development, but the payoff has been excellent.

St. Johnstone also develop local talent, something Falkirk did well till the Academy was closed, and that Raith seem to have finally got a bead on, with results we are seeing. The ugly reality of the BoD certainly seems to be that there is no master plan to rebuild Falkirk F.C., just a stumble from crisis to crisis. Good coaches and rent-a-players can only do so much to paper over the huge cracks in the foundation, something that many posters here see only too clearly.

The real question is, who is Falkirk’s possible savior? After the MC fiasco, it seems that the club has become an unattractive target, unless there is a wealthy fan out there. The BoD are too comfortable with the status quo, and unfortunately it seems likely that nothing the fans do will make them uncomfortable without risking crippling the club.

If I had to guess, a buyout is the only way out of a slow spiral down the leagues, but the blind and deaf idiots at the top don’t care yet.

18 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Bollocks most of the board may be gone but the current board are just the latest bunch of numpties who Cary out the running of the club on behalf of the owners the MSG and the main owners are going nowhere. It’s a ploy to take the heat of them ! They can sack the board or let’s call them the latest crew at any time! Nothing’s changed!

So the MSG sacked Lang, Campbell, Thomson and McKinnon?  Sound.  

Why not do that every home game then, but without 3,500 paying to get into the Stadium? I’d be up for attending all home matches and repeating what happened on the last day of last season. I’d like to think they’d soon get the message and fu*k off!

^ Organiser volunteer found.

Kudos!

5 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

So the MSG sacked Lang, Campbell, Thomson and McKinnon?  Sound.  

They were forced to reluctantly sack Campbell in the face of massive pressure.

MR even came out with a withering sobbing tribute to him upon his sacking. 

The others were the same - sacked to save face. They deserve zero credit.

11 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Let's not forget Henderson on that list !

They made the decision to employ these puppets and then sack/shuffle some sideways 6 months - a year too late (some also shouldn't have been employed)

Time will tell if Dean's is another puppet to take away the flak from them again.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

FFS line in the sand.....

Get behind the team whatever, I like many on here have hated the past few seasons, let’s try for now to give our team  unified support 

I was responding to a post specifically suggesting the MSG deserve credit for sacking those named goons. Not deliberately dragging up the past , can't you see that?

BTW - "Get behind the team whatever". The MSG must love you , just what they want. 

11 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Know what the team will do better if everyone pulls together, we will have our ups n downs but know what they say expect the unexpected lol! We are all Falkirk fans at end of day and luv our club. RANT OVER lol coyb

33 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

FFS line in the sand.....

Get behind the team whatever, I like many on here have hated the past few seasons, let’s try for now to give our team  unified support 

2002224844_tenor(4).gif.53b5667bd5e51c8552ba463b982ebb5d.gif

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I was responding to someone who said there'd been no change. 

There obviously has which is down to massive pressure like you say and has nothing to do with the handful of stay aways. 

No one is giving the MSG credit - just pointing out the changes like you have.