The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

You're right. And that's the issue. Because there are countless posters on here who profess to be desperate, absolutely choking to see the back of the MSG and their lackeys on the board. And then, in the very next sentence, go on to criticize those supporters who have taken the one course of action which might, if enough others had the balls to do it, result in some kind of tangible change they claim to desire so much. Park all this "real fan" bollocks. They are customers of a business whose owners openly, nakedly despise them. And they've exercised their right as a customer to stop funding that business. It's really not a difficult concept. And yet they are the ones whose credentials as a "real fan" are being called into question? If only there were more like them.

The ‘like’ button does this post absolutely no justice. 👏

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Equally, there has to be a clear objective. What is it? We wanted Houston out, we got it. We wanted Hartley out, we got it. We wanted McKinnon out, we got it. We wanted Campbell out, we got it. We wanted Lang out, we got it. Who do we want out next? What will be the mark of a boycott's success?

The MSG. The are, and have always been, the root problem. The rest are merely puppets.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

You don't see it that way. Most supporters probably don't. But those who own and run the club most certainly do. And with the added bonus that, unlike in any other business, they can make mistake after mistake, mismanage the club to a ridiculous level, treat their customer base with outright contempt and still be a guaranteed a regular income from the 3500+ who either hand them a lump sum every June/July or pay at the gate every fortnight over a period of nine months. And as long as that remains the case, there won't be much changing any time soon. 

This customer patter really is chronic. Most of the board are gone, manager's been sacked and we've got a new chairman so there has been change and none of it's down to anyone staying away. 

14 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Thought as much,  LM interview last week was a bit concerning, if the post is true, would imagine that we’re going with the squad, with the possibility of one still to come in. Fck knows how much we’ve squandered with Tidser Bell etc 

It makes you wonder what the value was in getting rid of Tidser. Surely it would’ve made much more sense having him as part of the squad if we’re not replacing him. 

9 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

This customer patter really is chronic. Most of the board are gone, manager's been sacked and we've got a new chairman so there has been change and none of it's down to anyone staying away. 

Quite. If it’s down to anything it’s down to the fans who turned up and made their feelings known with chants, banners and demonstrations. 

6 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

It makes you wonder what the value was in getting rid of Tidser. Surely it would’ve made much more sense having him as part of the squad if we’re not replacing him. 

If its right that he had RM by the throat i would imagine getting rid would have been directed by higher up at the club, i.e. he's done it with one manager he would probably do the same to another. basically a bad apple so to speak and bad influence to have at the club.

19 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

Most of the Board were never the main problem and the new Chairman will be as much of a puppet as that the last one was. Perhaps Thomson no longer being on the Board is the party line the Club are toeing, but the word is he’s still lingering around the Boardroom like a rotten fart and looking into a football strategy. God fuc*ing help us!

McKinnon had to go but I’d question the ambition shown given who they replaced him with. I’m far from convinced.

17 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Quite. If it’s down to anything it’s down to the fans who turned up and made their feelings known with chants, banners and demonstrations. 

Why not do that every home game then, but without 3,500 paying to get into the Stadium? I’d be up for attending all home matches and repeating what happened on the last day of last season. I’d like to think they’d soon get the message and fu*k off!

Bollocks most of the board may be gone but the current board are just the latest bunch of numpties who Cary out the running of the club on behalf of the owners the MSG and the main owners are going nowhere. It’s a ploy to take the heat of them ! They can sack the board or let’s call them the latest crew at any time! Nothing’s changed!

Most of the Board were never the main problem and the new Chairman will be as much of a puppet as that the last one was. Perhaps Thomson no longer being on the Board is the party line the Club are toeing, but the word is he’s still lingering around the Boardroom like a rotten fart and looking into a football strategy. God fuc*ing help us!

McKinnon had to go but I’d question the ambition shown given who they replaced him with. I’m far from convinced.

I’ve asked you this before but so far you haven’t had the bottle to respond.
Who would have come in and done a better job than M and M currently are? ....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve asked you this before but so far you haven’t had the bottle to respond.
Who would have come in and done a better job than M and M currently are? ....

I don’t recall you ever asking me that question - if you did then I’ve unknowingly missed it.  It’s certainly got nothing to do with lacking bottle so wind your neck in. 

How long a list would you like as to who I think would’ve done a better job thus far? I’ll always maintain that I think Latapy would be a very good appointment for Falkirk but that ship has probably sailed given his location. Other names I’d have offered the job to before M&M include (in no particular order) Darren Young, Danny Lennon, James McDonaugh, Jim McIntyre, Ian Murray, Owen Coyle, Joe McLaughlin...that’s just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, very few names in that list  that I’d call spectacular but that is an indication of how low we’ve sunk. That’s also without considering any candidates from down South or even abroad who might have shown an interest , but as you know fine well, I’ve no way of knowing who applied so can’t answer fully.

1 hour ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Not if paying him off cost a lot less than it would have to retain him for the remainder of his contract.  A contract that he'd made it clear he didn't want to honour if he wasn't starting every week. The money saved could then go towards the priorities for the January window, which M&M told us in an FFCV interview was to  keep the players we could have lost. And who'd already made far more of a contribution to the team than Tidser. 

Speaking hypothetically of course....

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not if paying him off cost a lot less than it would have to retain him for the remainder of his contract.  A contract that he'd made it clear he didn't want to honour if he wasn't starting every week. The money saved could then go towards the priorities for the January window, which M&M told us in an FFCV interview was to  keep the players we could have lost. And who'd already made far more of a contribution to the team than Tidser. 

Speaking hypothetically of course....

Fair point, but I’d be very surprised if Tidser willingly walked away with buttons. Would also say it was difficult for him to make a contribution to the team when he was being frozen out for what would appear to have been non-footballing reasons. I‘ll take some convincing that he wasn’t the most talented player in the League let alone at Falkirk.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

19 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Fair point, but would be very surprised if Tidser willingly walked away with buttons. Also, it was very hard for Tidser to make a contribution to the team when he’s being frozen out of the team for, in my opinion, non-footballing reasons. I‘ll take some convincing that he wasn’t the most talented player in the League let alone at Falkirk.

Morton - Falkirk - Kelty sums it up

He was clearly far from being fully fit which under M & M will be a no go area, perhaps his body cant hack it now, which was mentioned by a few Morton fans.

Something obviously wasnt right but I had never rated him beforehand. Gomis whom I thought was done was clearly outshining him in performances, fitness and being 4 and half year older.

9 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I don’t recall you ever asking me that question - if you did then I’ve unknowingly missed it.  It’s certainly got nothing to do with lacking bottle so wind your neck in. 

How long a list would you like as to who I think would’ve done a better job thus far? I’ll always maintain that I think Latapy would be a very good appointment for Falkirk but that ship has probably sailed given his location. Other names I’d have offered the job to before M&M include (in no particular order) Darren Young, Danny Lennon, James McDonaugh, Jim McIntyre, Ian Murray, Owen Coyle, Joe McLaughlin...that’s just off the top of my head.

Admittedly, very few names in that list  that I’d call spectacular but that is an indication of how low we’ve sunk. That’s also without considering any candidates from down South or even abroad who might have shown an interest , but as you know fine well, I’ve no way of knowing who applied so can’t answer fully.

There is the rub and the reality check on the clubs reputation and standing. There was a time not that long ago where the Falkirk job was desired position to get.

Stand by the manager and rarely sack them when there is a form issue. Giving a fair chance to sort it out. Well run club with a strategy and a reputation for giving youth a chance. Go through the managers over the last 20 years and you see that a large % moved onto bigger jobs because they were given the chance to manage to their potential.

All that is gone ! and all self inflicted.

47 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is the rub and the reality check on the clubs reputation and standing. There was a time not that long ago where the Falkirk job was desired position to get.

Stand by the manager and rarely sack them when there is a form issue. Giving a fair chance to sort it out. Well run club with a strategy and a reputation for giving youth a chance. Go through the managers over the last 20 years and you see that a large % moved onto bigger jobs because they were given the chance to manage to their potential.

All that is gone ! and all self inflicted.

When you look at the decisions that have been made i dont think the likes of SA and MR would have been wholly responsible for it to what role they have in the day to day stuff as well as strategy given their business successes i think they would/should have known better given the size of their businesses. Decisions that were made have come from someone with a limited business to no business sense.  In no circumstance ever did throwing money at the problem fix anything or at least not to my knowledge as thats all we have done short term vision thats f**ked up spectacularly which is proably why no person in there right mind would hand over any lump sum of money for them to piss up against another wall in the hope that it will fix the issue. If any person in the MSG is reading that bit take the hint why no f**ker is investing as thats why, not to mention pissing anyone who has shown any interest in the club about to piss them off by saying your not interested in them.

The product on the park has to be successful for any strategy to work but we lost any sort of extra revenue with cutting the academy but your not  going to have any success with a manager who stats involve mainly draws and coming runners up with having the biggest budget in the league (RM at Dundee Utd)

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

When you look at the decisions that have been made i dont think the likes of SA and MR would have been wholly responsible for it to what role they have in the day to day stuff as well as strategy given their business successes i think they would/should have known better given the size of their businesses. Decisions that were made have come from someone with a limited business to no business sense.  In no circumstance ever did throwing money at the problem fix anything or at least not to my knowledge as thats all we have done short term vision thats f**ked up spectacularly which is proably why no person in there right mind would hand over any lump sum of money for them to piss up against another wall in the hope that it will fix the issue. If any person in the MSG is reading that bit take the hint why no f**ker is investing as thats why, not to mention pissing anyone who has shown any interest in the club about to piss them off by saying your not interested in them.

The product on the park has to be successful for any strategy to work but we lost any sort of extra revenue with cutting the academy but your not  going to have any success with a manager who stats involve mainly draws and coming runners up with having the biggest budget in the league (RM at Dundee Utd)

They didn't even come runners up. They were 3rd behind us.