The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, when broken down, I've got to say that I think you're actually agreeing with each other.

Bar the vision of Kelty and that every player has only money as their goals as a footballer, then maybe so !!

If we all had the same opinion we would perhaps need another stand or maybe just the one !!!

The AGM.  I was surprised at how low it was but given how busy the south stand is it seems about right.  Also not that many of us are paying at the cash gate.
Agree there will be a big drop off next season if we don't go up but that's only natural and won't be down to any sort of protest. 
FWIW, I'm absolutely scunnered with the club and honestly thought I'd seen it all before now - I just don't think staying away this Saturday will have any impact. 

I am going. I don’t believe the number on the ST’s as they are 500+ down

It's easier to boycott if you don't live locally therefore not attending the games regularly anyway. Some fans see more games on ffctv. Results followers rather than fans.

Shift workers made those excuses for years

If there's a boycott, it HAS to be an organised one. No one gives a shite about a few keyboard warriors willy waving online. 

Get a boycott organised - make it for one match, maybe have everyone walk out in the 76th minute. That not only shows the MSG the depth of feeling, it encourages the other 98% of fans who aren't on this site.

Equally, there has to be a clear objective. What is it? We wanted Houston out, we got it. We wanted Hartley out, we got it. We wanted McKinnon out, we got it. We wanted Campbell out, we got it. We wanted Lang out, we got it. Who do we want out next? What will be the mark of a boycott's success?

If there's a boycott, it HAS to be an organised one. No one gives a shite about a few keyboard warriors willy waving online. 

Get a boycott organised - make it for one match, maybe have everyone walk out in the 76th minute. That not only shows the MSG the depth of feeling, it encourages the other 98% of fans who aren't on this site.

Equally, there has to be a clear objective. What is it? We wanted Houston out, we got it. We wanted Hartley out, we got it. We wanted McKinnon out, we got it. We wanted Campbell out, we got it. We wanted Lang out, we got it. Who do we want out next? What will be the mark of a boycott's success?

Any protest has to have an alternative to what is there now. Protest for protest sake won’t happen. Celtic fans were successful because McCann and Dempsey were sitting on the sidelines.

Always disappointed me there wasn’t a much bigger reaction to the BTB scheme being kicked out in favour of MC TBH.

The MSG out next who are responsible for everything you have just listed,along with wasting millions,taking us to L1 & scrapping the academy,but if you need out the house for a couple of hours on a Saturday go for it,while they run the club into the ground

7 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Quite surprised we haven’t seen anyone sign this week. With letting Leitch/Tidser go I assumed we had someone lined up as a replacement. Our squads at the bare minimum right now.

I wonder how much of any available budget went on a new agreement for McManus and a presumably increased wage for Mutch

7 minutes ago, BathgateBairn7 said:

The MSG out next who are responsible for everything you have just listed,along with wasting millions,taking us to L1 & scrapping the academy,but if you need out the house for a couple of hours on a Saturday go for it,while they run the club into the ground

This is basically it, the thing is the way things are they have pretty much showed how disinterested they are in the club now maybe SA gives half a shite but hes in the boat it gets him out the house for a few hours on a Saturday as well.  the rest i would suspect are just hanging on for the sake of the fact they know its pissing us off and they are basically saying FU because you want us out is the reason we arent selling.

I think with the MC debacle backfiring spectacularly given the fact that 99 per cent of the fanbase were onto their MO at that start, in the end it just showed their incompetence up even more.  Anyone that shows any interest in buying the club is going to made to jump through hoops and the only thing they want is for folk to invest or give them more money with little to no return or any say in how that money is spent (why the f**k would you ?)

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Any protest has to have an alternative to what is there now. Protest for protest sake won’t happen. Celtic fans were successful because McCann and Dempsey were sitting on the sidelines.

Always disappointed me there wasn’t a much bigger reaction to the BTB scheme being kicked out in favour of MC TBH.

It's baffling how little stick the board have got for stringing us along for months with that chancer. 

Just now, lanky_ffc said:

It's baffling how little stick the board have got for stringing us along for months with that chancer. 

i think its down to the fact they dont care if they did or not, the refusal to move is more not to give in to the support i would imagine if we dont go up this season until they finally agree to get serious about selling then its probably more than likely part time football and  the only folk attending are those wanting out the house or go out of habit.

51 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's easy as proven to get managers or puppets out, the current MSG/Board will have to be bought out and as I said repeatedly some of them don't want to sell.

We had 3 offers for the club and they choose the only one that would send us up a garden path because whilst they have control they can pretty much do what they like.

We can hope that a promotion may entice a sale, failure could also but its clear that they don't see failure as a reason to go

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Cammy Bell signs for Queens Park. Actually thought he was pretty decent when he played for us despite being well out of shape.

I'm pretty happy with Mutch as No1 so no harm done.

I wonder how much of his contract we paid up, hopefully we will come to some sort of end of this soon

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

You're right. And that's the issue. Because there are countless posters on here who profess to be desperate, absolutely choking to see the back of the MSG and their lackeys on the board. And then, in the very next sentence, go on to criticize those supporters who have taken the one course of action which might, if enough others had the balls to do it, result in some kind of tangible change they claim to desire so much. Park all this "real fan" bollocks. They are customers of a business whose owners openly, nakedly despise them. And they've exercised their right as a customer to stop funding that business. It's really not a difficult concept. And yet they are the ones whose credentials as a "real fan" are being called into question? If only there were more like them.

I've never seen myself as a customer or the club as a brand. It's more about identity and supporting your own for me. 

4 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

I've never seen myself as a customer or the club as a brand. It's more about identity and supporting your own for me. 

You don't see it that way. Most supporters probably don't. But those who own and run the club most certainly do. And with the added bonus that, unlike in any other business, they can make mistake after mistake, mismanage the club to a ridiculous level, treat their customer base with outright contempt and still be a guaranteed a regular income from the 3500+ who either hand them a lump sum every June/July or pay at the gate every fortnight over a period of nine months. And as long as that remains the case, there won't be much changing any time soon. 

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

You don't see it that way. Most supporters probably don't. But those who own and run the club most certainly do. And with the added bonus that, unlike in any other business, they can make mistake after mistake, mismanage the club to a ridiculous level, treat their customer base with outright contempt and still be a guaranteed a regular income from the 3500+ who either hand them a lump sum every June/July or pay at the gate every fortnight over a period of nine months. And as long as that remains the case, there won't be much changing any time soon. 

Support the club by turning up and having your say. If people start boycotting there will be a fair % that won't come back. While they are away they find something else to do or can't be bothered anymore. Many of these people will have children the next generation of support that will not get the bug of the joy , thrill , laughs and despair that goes with supporting Falkirk. 

Supporting Falkirk when they are down is the hard bit. The plus side is the extra bit of satisfaction you get when there are these fleeting moments of glory.

Put it this way ! if we had all boycotted when we were sh*** over the last few decades there would be no Falkirk Football Club now.

So have a think to yourselves folks ! are you a supporter or a glory hunter fair weather supporter. If it's the latter away and get the bus with the rest of them from the Falkirk district to Parkhead and Ibrox.

Been thinking about this for a while regarding the talk of boycotts. But this has to be said !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker