The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

So you are suggesting Tidser would've signed for Kelty afore us if they had offered more money ?

Are you suggesting he wouldn’t? Why would he play for us for less money and 3 times the work?

Why is Nathan Austin there when he played a fair number of Championship games last year?  Tidser and Austin could easily play for most Championship teams and every team below the Championship

These guys are well above that level (as Austin’s goal return would suggest) so why are they there? As far as I know neither are diehard Kelty fans so I wonder what the reason might be 🤔💰

So you'd rather attend away games only, and therefore strengthening our competitors and weakening the club you support?
You're fully entitled to do what you want, I just find the regurgitation of self justification on why people dont attend all rather tedious.

I will let RR reply properly. I will treat this post with the contempt it deserves.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I will let RR reply properly. I will treat this post with the contempt it deserves.

The only person you're showing contempt to is RR by telling him that you'll "let" him respond.

You want a team to support, praise, criticise etc but you're not willing to help fund it,, can't have it both ways.

2 hours ago, champions said:

So you'd rather attend away games only, and therefore strengthening our competitors and weakening the club you support?

You're fully entitled to do what you want, I just find the regurgitation of self justification on why people dont attend all rather tedious.

Absolutely. If starving the Club of cash gets rid of the cancer that is the MSG then 100%. We are going nowhere under that shower of incompetent failures. For Falkirk to get back to where it belongs, with the fans, Board, owners and playing staff all singing together from the same hymn sheet, then change is an absolute must. Relationships are well and truly broken beyond repair. 

Talking of tedious. What I find more tedious than anything is circa 4,000 fans toddling along to home games and handing over their money to those responsible for our demise. The longer that continues, the longer our club will remain fu*ked!

The only person you're showing contempt to is RR by telling him that you'll "let" him respond.
You want a team to support, praise, criticise etc but you're not willing to help fund it,, can't have it both ways.

I have done plenty funding this regime plenty of other would be able to vouch for that.

You believe that this failure of a regime can get it right but yet again this season we have seen more cash wasted by backing a manager who should have been punted in May. Let’s not even get onto the Campbell fiasco.

Fundamentally I think you are wrong but that’s your choice.

If we don’t go up (which I believe is probably likely) who will you hold responsible?

I can lay my head on the pillow with a clear conscience.

BPM is someone I have known for decades and in his defence he has put plenty of money into the club both personally and through his business.
I also know how much it hurts him to be missing the home games ( he lives in South Yorkshire incidentally).
I don’t always agree with his views but I would never question his love for the club.

BPM is someone I have known for decades and in his defence he has put plenty of money into the club both personally and through his business.
I also know how much it hurts him to be missing the home games ( he lives in South Yorkshire incidentally).
I don’t always agree with his views but I would never question his love for the club.
I dont know BPM personally but having questioned his motives on here before, he and I (and he didnt have to) had a fair chat via PM where he absolutely convinced me otherwise. Champions has always seemed like a board/MSG apologist and whilst that is his right, it will put him at odds with most on here. Such is life.

I didn't renew for the first time in over 20 years but I was is in a very small minority - I think season ticket income was only down by £15k so any sort of boycott obviously never materialised and made staying ultimately pointless. 

The 'my conscious is clear' patter is just sanctimonious pish - Lang, Thomson and Campbell are gone and we've got a new chairman. 

I'd love it if the MSG went as well but staying away on Saturday would have no impact on anyone other than myself. 

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Are you suggesting he wouldn’t? Why would he play for us for less money and 3 times the work?

Why is Nathan Austin there when he played a fair number of Championship games last year?  Tidser and Austin could easily play for most Championship teams and every team below the Championship

These guys are well above that level (as Austin’s goal return would suggest) so why are they there? As far as I know neither are diehard Kelty fans so I wonder what the reason might be 🤔💰

I think it would have been a massive surprise if Tidser had went straight to Kelty from Morton.

Any player wishing to prove themselves in football wouldn't go to Kelty as you have just signed up for retirement. The players they have signed are either players on the slide and/or injury prone ones.

Austin was a squad player at ICT and his injuries continued also. He obviously has zero ambition and closer to home now which obviously suits him.

Edit- 3 times the work ? You have seen Tidser this season ?

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

Can i give a mention to Brendan Macintyre?

Believe it or not but there was a Brendan McIntyre soccer school in Australia.

It was also rumoured he became a kicker in Australia for one of their funny shape balls games.

Brendan was on my worst player ever list for years, he was signed because he could kick a ball 80-90 yards so the kicker rumour perhaps is true

Edited by MrDust

23 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Unfortunately my memory's absolutely atrocious and I think I've managed to block out a lot of the shite that I've witnessed over the years.

I don't think you're too far off with that 11 though. I remember Jim Cook as a winger rather than a full back and don't have much memory of him being all that bad. I'd have Terry Mullen in at right back instead. Definitely go with Bryce in midfield though (and to think we swapped him for Bobby Robinson!), Mennie too. I'd maybe consider partnering Dennon up top with Haber as well.

Was a Bobby Robinson and Bobby Ford fan and was surprised when Cunningham freed them.  Suspect Robinson did not suit the style of play at that time but he was a stylish craftsman in the middle of the park but could be bullied. Ford was maybe a bit to similar to Shirra and he reckoned the guy deserved game time elsewhere. Both of them were excellent players for Dundee and our loss.

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think it would have been a massive surprise if Tidser had went straight to Kelty from Morton.

Any player wishing to prove themselves in football wouldn't go to Kelty as you have just signed up for retirement. The players they have signed are either players on the slide and/or injury prone ones.

Austin was a squad player at ICT and his injuries continued also. He obviously has zero ambition and closer to home now which obviously suits him.

Edit- 3 times the work ? You have seen Tidser this season ?

Why would Morton to Kelty be any different from Falkirk to Kelty? He dropped down a division to play for us as we offered him the most money. Had that been Kelty he would’ve gone there without a second thought.

Austin played over 40 games for ICT and has played 30 for Kelty, not sure he’s injury prone.

As far as I’m aware Tidser turned up for training every day hence the 3x the work comment. You might be able to correct me on that tho?