The Falkirk FC Thread

We all hate jim leishman
we hate Paul Hartley too 
we hate the fucking fifers 
and we’re falkirk through and through 
Allez allez allez
its simple, but I must admit to quite liking it 

“Falkirk through and through” haha you should all look in the mirror when signing that. A large proportion of your fan base has preferred weeding the garden to turning up this year. Farce of a song

Said it ages ago, give Hearts the whole of the north stand and half the main stand.
There's no way we'll sell out our allocation, so might as well make as much money as we can from it.

Yip makes sense we would still have 50% of the stadium and a better atmosphere . If our ticket sales don’t pick up is this still an option or have we been selling off tickets to home supporters all over the main stand .

“Falkirk through and through” haha you should all look in the mirror when signing that. A large proportion of your fan base has preferred weeding the garden to turning up this year. Farce of a song

That’s a belter. Our worst league crowd is still 300 more than your best crowd [emoji23]IMG_4197.jpgIMG_4198.jpg

6 hours ago, champions said:

What's the obsession with giving rival clubs half the stadium?. It's our ground ffs, the North Stand is plenty.

I've spoken to a few people this week, who are going to the game that dont usually. We'll have decent numbers.

Agreed.  It's only Tuesday ffs!  

I've only got a ticket because someone got me one otherwise I'd have waited until later in the week.  The knicker wetting on here is something else. 

Obviously you are needy, but what is it that has created this hole in your life? Is simply being an irritation ring your bell? Or is it recognition that you simply exist? Of course, it might be love you crave, or just a cuddle from your Gran.

Whatever it is,you are far more likely to get what you need from you pals or maybe even your Mum and Dad. I hope you find it soon. Just understand you are not going to find it here.

Talking of ownership. Does anybody know if they are still trying to sell up ? All I can find is that they are looking for investment. Which is stating the bleeding obvious and tells us nothing.

They are in no rush to go anywhere and although I would like change A)it has to be an upgrade
B) It has to inject some cash/ foresight to have an immediate impact . The current lot consist of a bunch of clueless fannies and their henchmen ) yet they are still better than MC or similar I’ve said before nobody other than a fan who wins the lottery and wants some fun would “invest “ in Scottish football out with the old firm and the current lot know that. Looking for investment should be rebranded as looking for a “donation “.
They would get zip for their shares so they have no option other than to sit tight. In my opinion the fans buyout led by David and Kenny would have at least have injected some passion and life into our quest for success . From the outside looking in the current lot seemed to have played them and MC pretty well to leave us with no option other than the stays quo ! Expect the unexpected is our only hope . PS where’s John park and his lets bring some Americans after brexit plan .

31 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

What did we 'sign' exactly?

Talking of ownership. Does anybody know if they are still trying to sell up ? All I can find is that they are looking for investment. Which is stating the bleeding obvious and tells us nothing.

Parked for now I believe

Hence why a full house this Saturday, or any other Saturday for that matter, is of no interest to me. The fewer the better.

Would you have gone had it been at Tynecastle?

45 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

They are in no rush to go anywhere and although I would like change A)it has to be an upgrade
B) It has to inject some cash/ foresight to have an immediate impact . The current lot consist of a bunch of clueless fannies and their henchmen ) yet they are still better than MC or similar I’ve said before nobody other than a fan who wins the lottery and wants some fun would “invest “ in Scottish football out with the old firm and the current lot know that. Looking for investment should be rebranded as looking for a “donation “.
They would get zip for their shares so they have no option other than to sit tight. In my opinion the fans buyout led by David and Kenny would have at least have injected some passion and life into our quest for success . From the outside looking in the current lot seemed to have played them and MC pretty well to leave us with no option other than the stays quo ! Expect the unexpected is our only hope . PS where’s John park and his lets bring some Americans after brexit plan .

Which simply is not true. Dundee United and Hibs have both been taken over in the past year or so. There seems to be significant investment in Queens Park. There were several options in relation to ownership change available to them last summer, including an offer from a local consortium for the entire MSG shareholding. All chased away by their fannying. Let's not play their "Us or Campbell, so best stick with us" game. Exactly the trap they are hoping fans will fall into, and it's obvious that many already have. Their "strategy", such as it is, is hoping that a paper thin squad somehow avoids any injury or suspension for the remainder of the season and is sufficient to get us out of this league. Then they'll consider they have licence to carry on as before ad infinitum. It's a big gamble.Be interesting to see the fallout if it fails. Probably play the Blame It All on Ray card which a significant number of our fans will be only too delighted to lap up before coughing up for their season ticket.

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I got the impression that he felt Barca would be beneath him.

Seriously though and this is true, I haven't seen a lazier or more disinterested individual 'play' for us in all of the 50 odd years that I've been attending.

Been thinking about that and have watched Falkirk since 67-8. You are right some infamous names came to mind over the decades mostly the Miller/Little/Hagart era.  But he was a class above in the going through the motions and not being bothered one way or the other.

Got me thinking about an all time bad 11 from players I have seen play for Falkirk. Here is my line up Fasan in goal. Back 4 of Cooke Meakin Dunne and Simpson. Midfield of Bryce , Marr . Mennie and M Oliver. Upfront Kinnear and our all time waster mentioned and would make him captain. Makes the blood run cold looking at it. Can you do better ?

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

Been thinking about that and have watched Falkirk since 67-8. You are right some infamous names came to mind over the decades mostly the Miller/Little/Hagart era.  But he was a class above in the going through the motions and not being bothered one way or the other.
Got me thinking about an all time bad 11 from players I have seen play for Falkirk. Here is my line up Fasan in goal. Back 4 of Cooke Meakin Dunne and Simpson. Midfield of Bryce , Marr . Mennie and M Oliver. Upfront Kinnear and our all time waster mentioned and would make him captain. Makes the blood run cold looking at it. Can you do better ?

I honestly believe that the Hartley team that were beaten 3-0 at home to QoS would have been beaten by that side....

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Would you have gone had it been at Tynecastle?

Absolutely. Just like I went to Arbroath in the last round. I know the point you’re going to make, that gate money from cup ties are split 50/50, but my stance is that I won’t be back at TFS whilst these cancerous bast*rds are still at the Club. I’m content at withholding my ST money for the league campaign. Away games only.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unfortunately my memory's absolutely atrocious and I think I've managed to block out a lot of the shite that I've witnessed over the years.

I don't think you're too far off with that 11 though. I remember Jim Cook as a winger rather than a full back and don't have much memory of him being all that bad. I'd have Terry Mullen in at right back instead. Definitely go with Bryce in midfield though (and to think we swapped him for Bobby Robinson!), Mennie too. I'd maybe consider partnering Dennon up top with Haber as well.

28 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Unfortunately my memory's absolutely atrocious and I think I've managed to block out a lot of the shite that I've witnessed over the years.

I don't think you're too far off with that 11 though. I remember Jim Cook as a winger rather than a full back and don't have much memory of him being all that bad. I'd have Terry Mullen in at right back instead. Definitely go with Bryce in midfield though (and to think we swapped him for Bobby Robinson!), Mennie too. I'd maybe consider partnering Dennon up top with Haber as well.

Ken Eadie scored goals for fun everywhere but Falkirk

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Obviously you are needy...

Nah, he’s just a twat.

5 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

That’s a belter. Our worst league crowd is still 300 more than your best crowd emoji23.pngIMG_4197.jpgIMG_4198.jpg

Yea, but if you stay consigned here to League One a couple of years, your numbers will likely look similar.

And yes, it hurts that we have the stupid Burnt Sugar Cookie Cup match kill our biggest or second biggest home payday of the year!

I do wonder the odds last August for betting Tidser would be in the Lowland League?

Ken Eadie scored goals for fun everywhere but Falkirk
Think Eadie was at the club at the wrong time.
The way we played under Clarke was all about survival.
If Eadie had been around under Jeffries or McCall I reckon he would have scored a shitload.