The Falkirk FC Thread

If he felt he was the best option he would play
If he doesnt feel he can do as good or better a 20 minute cameo than David McMillan he has no business in football in any shape or form.

I personally think he wishes not to undermine his shot at a managerial career in any way and that is playing a big part in it.

If he doesnt feel he can do as good or better a 20 minute cameo than David McMillan he has no business in football in any shape or form.

I personally think he wishes not to undermine his shot at a managerial career in any way and that is playing a big part in it.

Not going up will undermine it full stop. If he believes he was in shape to be better than Sammon and McMillan he would be playing and McCracken would be telling him that

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't agree with that at all.

If it came to a 1 on 1 foot race between one of our forwards and a defender I know which forward I would want in there. As I said, he lacks a lot of qualities but he's strong and fast and actually quite good with the ball at his feet. Come to think of it, he doesn't often miss chances when they come his way either.

I think he could do a decent job against Hearts because they'll adopt a much higher line than we're used to and are likely to leave gaps at the back.

He may seem fast relative to the cloggers in Div 3, I would imagine it would be another kettle of fish v Hertz. I don't even know who they play at the back now Berra has gone.....I think Souter is one?

It will be interesting to see how we fare against a Premiership team , albeit a pretty poor one this season. 

I'd fancy Doyle or Dixon against Lewis Moore though. He was absolute shite in the game against Rangers. Ran about like a headless chicken and not much else. And Ikpeazu is just a big haddy, I'd even go as far as saying Sammon is better than him. Hearts have some decent players, but they also have some dugshite aswell hence they are where they are in the league. 

23 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Saw a report in the Sunday Mail yesterday about an international player who was playing in the championship being secretly banned for betting offences last season. Said player used to play for Rangers. My moneys on that wee w**k Aird.

That was my guess too. Saw a few Dundee Utd fans on Twitter taking a bit of joy in it and the timing fits with his abrupt exit to Queens.

There's the possibility that Ferrie is the best keeper at Dundee. He won 2 PotY awards in his loan spell at Stirling and we have Jack Hamilton and Conor Hazard. Shame as his one chance to break into our team was ruined by a terrible passback which led to him getting sent off.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's the possibility that Ferrie is the best keeper at Dundee. He won 2 PotY awards in his loan spell at Stirling and we have Jack Hamilton and Conor Hazard. Shame as his one chance to break into our team was ruined by a terrible passback which led to him getting sent off.

I'm afraid the chances of him getting any game time are minimal unless Mutch gets injured or sent off.

2,800 home tickets sold by last night. Some may be waiting for a couple of hundred SS tickets to be released on Thursday night however at the current rate of sales, doubt we’ll sell anymore than 4,000 which would give us a 6,000 crowd plus TV money. Not too bad but expected a few more sold by now.

Maybe being live on BBC is a factor after all...

On the game, can’t risk Durnan & Buchanan on their own so would definitely have some protection in there, Gary Miller maybe.

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

2,800 home tickets sold by last night. Some may be waiting for a couple of hundred SS tickets to be released on Thursday night however at the current rate of sales, doubt we’ll sell anymore than 4,000 which would give us a 6,000 crowd plus TV money. Not too bad but expected a few more sold by now.

Maybe being live on BBC is a factor after all...

On the game, can’t risk Durnan & Buchanan on their own so would definitely have some protection in there, Gary Miller maybe.

Tv and the ridiculous time was always gonna hit it hard, I cant make it due to the time and its probably the only time I couldn't make

Said it ages ago, give Hearts the whole of the north stand and half the main stand.

There's no way we'll sell out our allocation, so might as well make as much money as we can from it.

3 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Copied from cup post:

Hearts have announced that any fan gaining access to home stand will he ejected and action taken by club.

Unless I’ve got this horribly wrong I don’t see us selling out our main stand. Think we all appreciate the clubs stance on ticket allocation, but common sense would suggest this game is a million miles away from the packed play offs from yesteryear, and the reality is that although we’ve got some kind of stability with M&M, the relationship between the fans and BODMSG is at best fragile.

It would have been sensible to give Hearts the main stand end section, with guaranteed segregation and income, but hey ho we might sell out 🙄

We would have to bossing this league, scoring for fun with circus tricks to boot for us to come close to selling our allocation. 

The reality is we are struggling to reach where our budget suggest we should be and although Hearts aint exactly on form, I still expect them to give us a serious beating.

The fair-weather fan will look at the shitty weather and expected result and will choose to  sit in the house with their feet up.

I obviously hope I am wrong but I just cant see us taking owt from the game, tho will be interesting to see how M & M set up

I think there are a lot of points been covered here over why we arent selling our allocation of tickets key ones being

attitude towards MSG/Board

daft time on a Saturday night for a game 

televised (lets face it the prospect of a hot night in front of the TV or baltic at the TFS) going for baltic at TFS

and other than the past 2 seasons i would have expected a Falkirk team to expect the unexpected and take something from this one and we have steadied the ship with M and M at the helm the thought of a defence with Durnan in it and wondering if he is going to get carded, concede a penalty or lose his man leading to a goal and Buchanan to a lesser extent.

All that being said it will be a measure to how far along we have came since RM was emptied.