The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Nah, says a Scotland cap. Kirk Broadfoot?

I only read the article online and it says international no mention of scotland cap but if you've read a different version then I satnd corrected.  When did kirk broadfoot play in the championship last year?  Only other player I can think of was Cammy Bell funnily enough.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure that really adds up as when we had hughes as a very inexperienced manager we were getting loan deals from here there and everywhere including the epl.  These guys will have as many contacts as most in the game  and players like mcmanus have thrived at us this season. 

Was that not at a time where you were at a better position, both league and reputation wise? But, that certainly is a good thought.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Do you mean me in particular or Falkirk fans in general? If me, please give examples. Thanks.

Just keeping the trolling even.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The vast majority of loans are purely done for a financial agenda in the lower leagues. They can get a better quality of player for much less and the lending club can clear out some cost of dead wood. Unless the player is under 21 player development is f**k all to do with it

That’s an interesting take, and differs from what is “said”, so could very well be correct.! Thanks.

Just now, TxRover said:

Was that not at a time where you were at a better position, both league and reputation wise? But, that certainly is a good thought.

Indeed that would help but that means its really more to do with the teams standing than who is managing the team.

Having watched LM post match interview, it’s clear he’s pissed off with Saturdays performance, and with reference to players coming in, not sure if his abrupt attitude is simply due to frustration. Maybe the budget isn’t quite closed yet.
This was my take on it. They've been praising the board on how they've been backed so I just think he was too pissed off to talk about it.

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Like playing football.

He looks like an alien and plays like one too.

Don't agree with that at all.

If it came to a 1 on 1 foot race between one of our forwards and a defender I know which forward I would want in there. As I said, he lacks a lot of qualities but he's strong and fast and actually quite good with the ball at his feet. Come to think of it, he doesn't often miss chances when they come his way either.

I think he could do a decent job against Hearts because they'll adopt a much higher line than we're used to and are likely to leave gaps at the back.

35 minutes ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:
Having watched LM post match interview, it’s clear he’s pissed off with Saturdays performance, and with reference to players coming in, not sure if his abrupt attitude is simply due to frustration. Maybe the budget isn’t quite closed yet.

This was my take on it. They've been praising the board on how they've been backed so I just think he was too pissed off to talk about it.

And mine. If M&M knew there was no money to bring anyone else in, why would they then decide to weaken the squad by sending two players out on loan right at the end of the normal window?

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

We understand that loan agreements are tailored to serve two purposes; that of the loaning club, to see a player get playing time, and that if the receiving club, to get an otherwise unavailable player to assist them.

We should be I

I didn't read much further but we have a young keeper (Calum Ferrie)on loan from Dundee who will be lucky to get one game.

Loans will come down to contacts, cash, unwanted players at current club and in some cases young players getting experience.

You have got McLean due to him being unwanted at Hearts and we have got Ferrie for probably making a contribution to his wage and not to give him more experience as he has been on the Dundee bench most weeks recently.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He is done. 6 months 4 months however long it is he is done. If he wasn't he would play in front of the two who are in and out of the team more often than we have hot dinners.

It's something no one can answer till he makes an appearance. 

I think it would cause a bit friction if he came on before McMillan or Sammon and it would probably take him a few games to get up to scratch.

Ideally we should get someone in if Miller is only there to make up the numbers because we are getting random good games from both Sammon and McMillan which is hurting us.

Well it's certainly not for me to comment until I actually see him try and play but he's 1 year younger than the guy upfront for Raith and I watched him come on for Livi against the current Scottish champions just prior to taking our job.

Certainly Livi and Holt don't agree with your assessment of Lee.

So why has he not used himself?

None of our current forwards could play in the Premiership so if he is so up to it pull on the jersey. He knows himself he has gone I would suggest or he would be playing

It's something no one can answer till he makes an appearance. 
I think it would cause a bit friction if he came on before McMillan or Sammon and it would probably take him a few games to get up to scratch.
Ideally we should get someone in if Miller is only there to make up the numbers because we are getting random good games from both Sammon and McMillan which is hurting us.

Of course it is. If he was better than what we have he would be playing and McCracken would insist on it. Why would he not play? They are here to win this league and should pick the best 11 every week. He has not had a minute of game time since Jan 1. Does that suggest to you he thinks he is better than the three who have played up top?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Of course it is. If he was better than what we have he would be playing and McCracken would insist on it. Why would he not play? They are here to win this league and should pick the best 11 every week. He has not had a minute of game time since Jan 1. Does that suggest to you he thinks he is better than the three who have played up top?

If he has anything to offer though, I would for sure have him up top with McManus in a heartbeat but Miller himself has said he is here for emergencies only, which suggest his body has took a hammering at Livvy. Miller has had his fair share of injuries over the years and ideally if we had a reserve team we would have more of an idea where he is but we dont.

I think it would take an injury or suspension to one of our three strikers to see him on the park tbh

Edited by MrDust

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If he has anything to offer though, I would for sure have him up top with McManus in a heartbeat but Miller himself has said he is here for emergencies only, which suggest his body has took a hammering at Livvy. Miller has had its fair share of injuries over the years and ideally if we had a reserve team we would have more of an idea where he is but we dont.

I think it would take an injury or suspension to one of our three strikers to see him on the park tbh

Or a last 25 minute burst off the bench. Think that would be the most likely option.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

We should be I

I didn't read much further but we have a young keeper (Calum Ferrie)on loan from Dundee who will be lucky to get one game.

Loans will come down to contacts, cash, unwanted players at current club and in some cases young players getting experience.

You have got McLean due to him being unwanted at Hearts and we have got Ferrie for probably making a contribution to his wage and not to give him more experience as he has been on the Dundee bench most weeks recently.

Correction accepted.

The young keeper is presumably less cost than the deadly departed Bell, so fulfills the backup role better. I assume Dundee was never going to use him, as he was their #3 keeper, so they save some money and laddie may get a game. Either way, he also actually plays in practice more too, so that tracks.

My original question was if M & M might be lacking some connections to find the best loan deals, but apparently most feel not.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Correction accepted.

The young keeper is presumably less cost than the deadly departed Bell, so fulfills the backup role better. I assume Dundee was never going to use him, as he was their #3 keeper, so they save some money and laddie may get a game. Either way, he also actually plays in practice more too, so that tracks.

My original question was if M & M might be lacking some connections to find the best loan deals, but apparently most feel not.

Ferrie was on the bench for Dundee bar 3 games this season which he will swap for a division below's bench and wont get game time other than injuries or suspension.

Lee Miller has had 11 clubs and David McCracken has had 8 clubs and like Miller throughout the country, I am pretty sure they will have contacts.

The downfall at this time of year for loans will be that the better ones cost serious £s to get in, see McManus

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Ferrie was on the bench for Dundee bar 3 games this season which he will swap for a division below's bench and wont get game time other than injuries or suspension.

Lee Miller has had 11 clubs and David McCracken has had 8 clubs and like Miller throughout the country, I am pretty sure they will have contacts.

The downfall at this time of year for loans will be that the better ones cost serious £s to get in, see McManus

You ain’t whistling Dixie about the cost of loans right now. I get the feeling we got lucky with MacLean because he was on the outs with the coaching staff, and they were as happy to see him gone as we were to take him. Possibly got a relative steal, we’ll see how it pans out.

Didn't realize M&M had than many teams between them, so that certainly helps.

It might be different as a player manager on his own but Miller has come here to have a crack at management along with McCracken. He wants to be a manager. I dont think he is somehow shot to pieces so soon after playing a fair bit. I think Miller is probably more worried and becoming a member of the squad and McCracken becoming the guy. And I dont mean that theres any animosity between the two, I think they are working hard together to keep this job and Miller wont want to distract from that.

It might be different as a player manager on his own but Miller has come here to have a crack at management along with McCracken. He wants to be a manager. I dont think he is somehow shot to pieces so soon after playing a fair bit. I think Miller is probably more worried and becoming a member of the squad and McCracken becoming the guy. And I dont mean that theres any animosity between the two, I think they are working hard together to keep this job and Miller wont want to distract from that.

If he felt he was the best option he would play