The Falkirk FC Thread

I think people are slightly overreacting to yesterday’s result. First half we played pretty well with a decent amount of chances on goal. Second half wasn’t great but the pitch/wind never helped our style of play and if anything it identified our lack of ideas/plan B when things weren’t going our way. It was crying out for lumping balls into the box to a target man.

Raith drew away to Forfar a couple of weeks ago, the same team we scudded 6-0. Both teams will slip up in away games between now and May meaning the games against each other is where the league will be won, IMO. We’re only 3 points behind with a massive GD in our favour. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Have you not answered your own question re Longridge when you say that the pitch was not conducive to playing football?

Well not really no, because of the state of the pitch anything could have happened. A knock down from a long ball, I’d be confident out of everyone bar McManus Longridge would have had the technique made to shoot from outside the box, he has one of the best crosses in the team we didn’t deliver many wary crosses yesterday which allowed Stranraer to maintain their shape. LL can provide a spark in an instance without having to dribble the ball and take people on.

Well not really no, because of the state of the pitch anything could have happened. A knock down from a long ball, I’d be confident out of everyone bar McManus Longridge would have had the technique made to shoot from outside the box, he has one of the best crosses in the team we didn’t deliver many wary crosses yesterday which allowed Stranraer to maintain their shape. LL can provide a spark in an instance without having to dribble the ball and take people on.

It’s times like this you have to question why some supporters are against plastic pitches and indeed why some players think grass pitches are better to avoid injury....

I would have thought yesterday was taylor made to fling miller himself on and lump the ball up to him.

We are not talking about the Miller of 15 years ago or even the Miller of 3 years ago. He hasn’t kicked a ball in over 6 months. He is merely registered as a player IMO as the squad is so tight and if there is a real emergency.

We are not talking about the Miller of 15 years ago or even the Miller of 3 years ago. He hasn’t kicked a ball in over 6 months. He is merely registered as a player IMO as the squad is so tight and if there is a real emergency.

I agree with this. If he puts himself on ahead of other options then there is a good chance it could cause upset in the changing room

17 minutes ago, Rocco said:
28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I agree with this. If he puts himself on ahead of other options then there is a good chance it could cause upset in the changing room

Remember Yogi's efforts against Dundee Utd? Thought he could still do it when he clearly couldn't.

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He was playing off the bench for livi in the premier up to the end of october. That to me says hes more than capable of playing off the bench in league one.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Did you listen to his post match interview yesterday when he was asked about any more signings and said "i would rather not talk about that" reading between the lines i think the Board have said he could sign players or money was available then went back on that (no shock there)

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Did you listen to his post match interview yesterday when he was asked about any more signings and said "i would rather not talk about that" reading between the lines i think the Board have said he could sign players or money was available then went back on that (no shock there)

If that’s the case we won’t win the league with this squad I don’t think.

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still believe the McLean signing for Raith is a really good one considering how you their forward looking players are. McManus desperately needs a partner

Will be interesting to see how his legs cope with stranraer next week.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Unless my calendar is wrong October isn't 6 months ago

9 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

A few mocked the signing, but agree I would have liked him here. Let’s not f..... about McManus is by far our best forward, McMillan is at best average ( I don’t rate whatever) and Sammon has so many chances I can’t think of another forward who simply looks finished. Our manager is simply kidding himself if he thinks he could play even at this level and would only be an emergency stop gap. So if the BOD have decided to put the shutters up, and in my opinion we can forget top spot. Even qualifying through play offs I wouldn’t fancy us unless our form till season end is top dog.

Why is lee miller kidding himself when livi were happy enough to play him in the premier league earlier this season? Sammon has scored 10 goals this season so he'll probs end up this season with 15 plus and yet hes getting a hard time of it. 15 plus goals does me any day.

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still believe the McLean signing for Raith is a really good one considering how you their forward looking players are. McManus desperately needs a partner

Agree I think hes a good signing and although we,ve not got a prolific goal scoring forwards our issue isnt scoring goals,only one behind yourself its our goals against thats the issue

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why is lee miller kidding himself when livi were happy enough to play him in the premier league earlier this season? Sammon has scored 10 goals this season so he'll probs end up this season with 15 plus and yet hes getting a hard time of it. 15 plus goals does me any day.

Sammon gets a hard time because folk, including M&M it seems, want him to do things that he's not very good at. He's not good in the air and his hold up play's not good either yet these are the qualities that are expected from him.

His games all about running the channels and balls over the top for him to chase. IMO he should be used off the bench to bring that type of thing into play when plan A isn't working. Personally I think a combination of McManus & Longridge up front would work best however, McManus needs to work more as a team player. He tries to do too much himself which isn't helping to get any sort of partnership going up there.