The Falkirk FC Thread

I think if anywhere defence and striker dept need adding to, we are relatively well covered in midfield, in an ideal world get rid of McMillan and McShane and try n bring in better. Sadly it's not an ideal world. Edit to add I wouldn't want to see Denny Johnstone recalled under any circumstances. 

were the budgets at the start of the season not for a squad of 18 and anything above that was footed by the MSG/Board.  In this case we are back to the budget and am guessing they dont want to pay above that as they prob had to pay Bell and Tidser off ?

Mind at the start of the season and folk were panicking and demanding signings so we could have a full bench for the pre season friendlies. The result was signing players that the same people are now desperate to see the back off.

We all want signings but I’d rather sign no one than sign some of the shit we’ve had to endure in a Falkirk jersey the last couple of years.

I think we all trust M&M more than we ever trusted McKinnon so let’s hope something transpires. 

Mind at the start of the season and folk were panicking and demanding signings so we could have a full bench for the pre season friendlies. The result was signing players that the same people are now desperate to see the back off.
We all want signings but I’d rather sign no one than sign some of the shit we’ve had to endure in a Falkirk jersey the last couple of years.
I think we all trust M&M more than we ever trusted McKinnon so let’s hope something transpires. 

That’s not really the point, we’re now in January and we’re back to what we were like at the start of the season with barely a squad. Hope we get a surprise tonight.

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:
10 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

That’s not really the point, we’re now in January and we’re back to what we were like at the start of the season with barely a squad. Hope we get a surprise tonight.

Why tonight? We still have over a week left

Is that just for loans and players out of contract or can we still sign a player contracted to another side? I presume any loan now would have to be cross border?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If the tactic is - we have a full squad for stranraer tomorrow, use that, then wait til window closes for higher leagues and get 1 or 2 decent players (FULL BACK COVER PLEASE) in who weren’t able to go out before the window closed, then that is very shrewd business imo.

If our dealings are completely done, then my head is going to fall off in a week

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Barely a squad? We’re back to the knicker wetting. We have a squad, we would like 1 or 2 additions but why do they need to be signed in the next 5mins?

40 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

were the budgets at the start of the season not for a squad of 18 and anything above that was footed by the MSG/Board.  In this case we are back to the budget and am guessing they dont want to pay above that as they prob had to pay Bell and Tidser off ?

I'm hoping the rumours of Bell having non playing gig lined up sees him  leave with just a handshake, still wouldn't surprise me if not the case.

9 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Barely a squad? We’re back to the knicker wetting. We have a squad, we would like 1 or 2 additions but why do they need to be signed in the next 5mins?

It's probably to do with options being more limited past the deadline albeit we have some unclear extension.

Is it loans and free agents only onwards ?  loans will be outside Scotland only having used up our quota 

Edited by MrDust

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is that just for loans and players out of contract or can we still sign a player contracted to another side? I presume any loan now would have to be cross border?

Any player contracted to a club after midnight is off limits. We've used all of our domestic loans. So it will be free agents only from tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm hoping the rumours of Bell having non playing gig lined up sees him  leave with just a handshake, still wouldn't surprise me if not the case.

I think thats looking on the warm and fuzzy outlook given the past 2 season it wouldnt surprise me if we had to pay him off as lets face it something else lined up or not most of us if we were under a contract would expect some sort of pay off to leave.

The squad rebuilding is getting ridiculous, still expect some sort of rebuild should we go up but not to the previous extents.

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Any player contracted to a club after midnight is off limits. We've used all of our domestic loans. So it will be free agents only from tomorrow.

So basically if we dont get anyone today we're going to struggle. Basically be a similar situation to between september and january with just the dross available.

6 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Are loans from England also ruled out from midnight ?

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So basically if we dont get anyone today we're going to struggle. Basically be a similar situation to between september and january with just the dross available.

I think the new coaching team will only bring in players that will improve what we have.

We don’t want to go down the Hartley/McKinnon route of signing a high volume of crap players.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There will be loads of players released from their clubs tonight and available.

I think we've learned our lesson in that one in fact we should be experts in it ..lol