The Falkirk FC Thread

That first half was a lesson in how to play to your strengths whilst completely exploiting their weaknesses.

Brilliant.
You know, the atmosphere and my enjoyment of that match almost suffered from the pace at which we started. We were 3 goals up before anyone knew what the f**k was going on pretty much. There was no time to settle in for a hard match against high flying opponents, no time to be nervous or anything. Just absolutely bodied them from the first whistle. I can remember just a feeling of confusion and disbelief at what I was seeing. Genuinely looked like Sammy would score every time we took possession.

I think definitely my favourite match as a Falkirk fan. We also hit the bar and had a stonewall penalty turned down, it could have been more. I'm sure Levein was making subs after about 25 minutes and it was Gordon's debut. Miller, Coyle, Samuel. What a fucking front three. 

I think definitely my favourite match as a Falkirk fan. We also hit the bar and had a stonewall penalty turned down, it could have been more. I'm sure Levein was making subs after about 25 minutes and it was Gordon's debut. Miller, Coyle, Samuel. What a fucking front three. 
that front 3 was such a great mix,

Miller good in the air, physical, holding the ball up

Coyle, experienced, clever, wily, instinctive clinical finisher

Samuel, lightning fast, aggressive direct with a great shot

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

The Hibs comeback at Easter Road is probably mine, but this is up there. Also the Matt Glennon game at East End Park in which we were battered for the entire game and won 1-0.

30 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The Hibs comeback at Easter Road is probably mine, but this is up there. Also the Matt Glennon game at East End Park in which we were battered for the entire game and won 1-0.

Yeah that Hibs day was brilliant too. They were playing all the party tunes at 2-0 up at half time with wee happy smiley gavin pearson stoating around the pitch with the mic living it large and they got fucking battered in the second half. Duffy scored with his cock too. 

40 minutes ago, champions said:

What a game, what a day.

I smuggled in a small carry out which was purchased from haddows, was only 4 vodka shots, but added to the craziness of the afternoon:)

Surprised you got through Brockvilles tough security checkpoint.

44 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

that front 3 was such a great mix,

Miller good in the air, physical, holding the ball up

Coyle, experienced, clever, wily, instinctive clinical finisher

Samuel, lightning fast, aggressive direct with a great shot

As soon as Coyle went through for the 2nd I was celebrating.

Absolutely no way was that old fox missing a 1 on 1

Talking of Hearts gubbings does anybody remember a 5 - 0 thrashing at Brockville in the mid 70's.

We had a Hearts reject ( pogo?) Smith who I remember got the end of his nose bitten off in an Edinburgh pub fight later on in life. Hearts had a centre half called Gallacher and he had a nightmare that game.

Always wondered why the same animosity to Hearts never applied to Hibs. Theories anybody ?

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Talking of Hearts gubbings does anybody remember a 5 - 0 thrashing at Brockville in the mid 70's.

We had a Hearts reject ( pogo?) Smith who I remember got the end of his nose bitten off in an Edinburgh pub fight later on in life. Hearts had a centre half called Gallacher and he had a nightmare that game.

Always wondered why the same animosity to Hearts never applied to Hibs. Theories anybody ?

There were a few games if i mind one midweek game when we played Hearts at Tynecastle i think it was an incident involving Yogi and John Robertson which turned nasty/plus we seem to find a way of f**king them over in important games.

Interestingly they think they are going to thrash us, whilst we are still handicapped to a degree in defence this could be a good benchmark of how far we have came under M and M, i feel a lot more confident now than i would have 4 months ago.

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hibs didn’t have a team of cheats with names like Colquohoun and Ferguson in it. Or Skacel for that matter. 

Ive hated Hearts ever since a Skol cup tie at Brockville in the eighties. Anyone who was there will know what I mean. 

24 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Stevie Kirk wont have helped the cause, I've probably seen more trouble at Tynecastle than any other away ground with Falkirk. 

A couple of scuffles and two buses bricked that I was on, all a good few year ago obviously.

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Hibs didn’t have a team of cheats with names like Colquohoun and Ferguson in it. Or Skacel for that matter. 

Ive hated Hearts ever since a Skol cup tie at Brockville in the eighties. Anyone who was there will know what I mean. 

Was that a 4-1 defeat when the front barrier broke?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know exactly what you mean, and was just about to post the same.

I nearly lost it that night, almost as bad was a 0-1 Boxing Day lesson in filthy tactics at a misty TFS.