The Falkirk FC Thread

Went along to the game tonight, despite the pretty miserable conditions.
Felt Falkirk deserved the win. First half was beyond appalling but you lot skooshed it second half.
Still have no idea why McManus is wasting his time playing part-timers every week when he could easily do a job for most clubs in the Champ. Also enjoyed Doyle’s performance.
Couple of lads behind were talking about how much they enjoy the atmosphere at Ibrox. Hopefully you can find those responsible and hit them with a lifetime ban.

Why did you not hit them with a right hook?
They were probably friends of super staunch Dick Campbell.

Christ. That was the kind of performance I expect from a Falkirk team in that second half. That was better than Saturday, and we keep seeming to improve. Miller and McCracken seem to have instilled in this bunch what playing for the #NavyBlue means. Long may it continue.

So far we've been drawn against Linlithgow Rose, Arbroath and Hearts. Good spot on the coincidence of all three playing in maroon.

Unfortunately that means we are probably out because there are no other maroon teams left for us to face in the QF.

Aye, it would be good if I and BPM hadn’t already pointed it out last week..[emoji16]

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Just how rancid were we last season when that mob we saw off tonight are comfortably mid table in the Championship?

I wouldn't say they are comfortable. They could be joint last in a fortnight.

Aye it’s pretty tight mate, I am not comfortable anyway but with Wighton & Hilson I feel great about the last quarter, if we play like we did on Saturday and not last night when we were missing those players I reckon we will be absolutely fine 🇱🇻👍🏻

Beating Arbroath should be a good confidence builder on top of an already decent run. The onus is on Cracks and Miller to make sure the Hearts game is treated as a proper shot to nothing cup tie. Another replay would be good for the coffers but if we could beat them and get a home draw what a lift that would be for a shite season.

Realistically I think we are getting them at the wrong time. Hopefully they follow last weekends result up with some total indifference this weekend then come to town thinking they just have to turn up. 

4 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Just a suggestion - how’s about the club subsiding buses for the Tuesday Raith away game ? This will boost our supporter numbers and help the team with a large turnout ?

I’d suggest contacting the club and suggesting this. I had a similar idea for a Pars away game at Falkirk a few years ago and the club actually went through with it.

Sometimes clubs are spinning so many plates they don’t see opportunities like this, so definitely wouldn’t hurt to send a quick email.

I’d suggest contacting the club and suggesting this. I had a similar idea for a Pars away game at Falkirk a few years ago and the club actually went through with it.
Sometimes clubs are spinning so many plates they don’t see opportunities like this, so definitely wouldn’t hurt to send a quick email.
Once you know what bus you are on for the game, let me know x

5 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Just watched Cracks interview post game, don’t think we’ve got any further movement on players coming in ( my interpretation is that it’s probably a player leaving and maybe then add on at best) Would confirm that they are happy to go with a narrow 19ish squad. With the expected hype hitting the club with the cup game, hope they hammer home how important we keep up our upturn in league form. Just a suggestion - how’s about the club subsiding buses for the Tuesday Raith away game ? This will boost our supporter numbers and help the team with a large turnout ?

Can't help but think the only winner there is Raith from a financial point of view.

We will take a large crowd regardless of subsidy and I very much doubt an extra couple of hundred would be the difference between us winning the game