The Falkirk FC Thread

I just want to get out this hellhole of a league and forget this season ever happened.  The chance to enjoy this season as we cruised to the league title went oit the window due to mckinnons woeful stewardship.

We’ll get behind the team and cheer them on... you never know!!

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just want to get out this hellhole of a league and forget this season ever happened.  The chance to enjoy this season as we cruised to the league title went oit the window due to mckinnons woeful stewardship.

Was never going to be cruising the league. Players dropping down a level having to adjust plus new venues was always going to be a challenge. Not helped by McKinnon's management and tactics.

Far to many were predicting dropping crowds because of weekly 5 - 6 goal thrashings and the season being over by xmas. It was complacent, over confident and deluded. Those that indulged know who they are !

I can see both sides. The second half was much, much better from what we've been watching for most of the season, it was nice to see some desire for a change, and I think everyone would agree with the sentiments of getting behind the team. To be fair,  I'd argue that fans have been doing that remarkably over the course of the season considering.

In the same breath, it's hard to be absolutely gushing whilst competing (!) for the League One title. I'm still ever so slightly embarrassed we're in this league to begin with, nevermind the absolute hash of it that has been made so far (of course we deserve to be here; not the point I'm making!).

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was never going to be cruising the league. Players dropping down a level having to adjust plus new venues was always going to be a challenge. Not helped by McKinnon's management and tactics.

Far to many were predicting dropping crowds because of weekly 5 - 6 goal thrashings and the season being over by xmas. It was complacent, over confident and deluded. Those that indulged know who they are !

Who are they then? I mean, you keep banging on about this ad nauseum, so let's see some examples. Where, and by whom, was it said that the league would be over by Christmas and that we would be handing out 5-6 goal thrashings on a weekly basis? Name some names. If McKinnon had an ounce of managerial ability, we'd have been 8-10 points clear by this stage minimum. The standard is absolutely appalling, and only the easily pleased, of which there are many amongst our support, are excited at rolling over pub teams. 

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If we had had  a manager with half a clue we wouldve been winning like that.  Livi, queens, dunfermline and sevco all won this league at a canter and yet we're making a right meal of it due to mckinnons awful recruitment over the summer and his piss poor tactics.  Only now have we started to pick up the pace and hopefully there will be very few red face performances between now and April

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If we had had  a manager with half a clue we wouldve been winning like that.  Livi, queens, dunfermline and sevco all won this league at a canter and yet we're making a right meal of it due to mckinnons awful recruitment over the summer and his piss poor tactics.  Only now have we started to pick up the pace and hopefully there will be very few red face performances between now and April

Its all conjecture. But you are contradicting yourself, if only the tactics were better , if only the recruitment was better. Hindsight management at its best.

30 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Who are they then? I mean, you keep banging on about this ad nauseum, so let's see some examples. Where, and by whom, was it said that the league would be over by Christmas and that we would be handing out 5-6 goal thrashings on a weekly basis? Name some names. If McKinnon had an ounce of managerial ability, we'd have been 8-10 points clear by this stage minimum. The standard is absolutely appalling, and only the easily pleased, of which there are many amongst our support, are excited at rolling over pub teams. 

Have a look for your self from July onwards. Doyle a character. 10 wins on the spin. Should win it at a canter. 

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its all conjecture. But you are contradicting yourself, if only the tactics were better , if only the recruitment was better. Hindsight management at its best.

Thats what management is all about ffs. The guy had the biggest budget in the league by a huge margin and yet had us fourth.  In a short time m and m have at least got us playing solid football but their hamstrung somewhat by being left with some of the dross mckinnon signed.  What shouldve been a season to payback the fans with some flowing football and great wins has been ruined somewhat by mckinnon being in charge for  the first 4 months.

Enjoy what.  Not much enjoyable  about being second top of one of the countries seaside leagues im afraid. 

Enjoy what little we have , it’s the only positive option, to be distraught doesn’t help the team or our weekly experience. And more importantly we need everyone to pull together to get out of this shit , disperse into disagreement and or depression about where we are serves no purpose. It seems we are stuck with the MSG and they’re incumbent monkeys for now so we must put that to the side, failure to get promoted could be disastrous and is currently more important than slagging the board .

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

Enjoy what little we have , it’s the only positive option, to be distraught doesn’t help the team or our weekly experience. And more importantly we need everyone to pull together to get out of this shit , disperse into disagreement and or depression about where we are serves no purpose. It seems we are stuck with the MSG and they’re incumbent monkeys for now so we must put that to the side, failure to get promoted could be disastrous and is currently more important than slagging the board .

I'll back the team but its difficult to enjoy a season that we've been dragged into a dogfight to win due to the complete erse we had managing the side for the first few months.

I'll back the team but its difficult to enjoy a season that we've been dragged into a dogfight to win due to the complete erse we had managing the side for the first few months.

I agree he was an arse but the people who appointed him at least seem to have been moved aside!

55 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have a look for your self from July onwards. Doyle a character. 10 wins on the spin. Should win it at a canter. 

So no specific examples then, just a load of paraphrasing and "Doyle being a character" somehow equating to people believing we'd be handing out five and six nil doings every week. File alongside your other nonsense about community clubs and difficult away games on tricky pitches which you eventually went quiet on when it was pointed out that the majority of clubs play on astro. 

Fluffing the best chance we have had of winning an opening game of the season for the first time in 12 years made everyone a bit uneasy. The 6-0 against Dumbarton seemed to make up for it, but we then had that brutal win against Montrose....the alarm bells were certainly ringing at that point.
Whatever pre-season bravado existed evaporated that day. I think that was the day when my unease about McKinnon being a fluffer really took root.
I was optimistic pre season, but I know I didn’t think we would stroll it.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

So no specific examples then, just a load of paraphrasing and "Doyle being a character" somehow equating to people believing we'd be handing out five and six nil doings every week. File alongside your other nonsense about community clubs and difficult away games on tricky pitches which you eventually went quiet on when it was pointed out that the majority of clubs play on astro. 

Look for yourself ! you asked the question I told you where to find the answers.

Look for yourself ! you asked the question I told you where to find the answers.

Would hook teller he’s being invisible and it’s critical we regain the midfield . Durnan again looking more solid than Buchanan who’s made some bad errors!

I appreciate they aren't Barcelona, but Arbroath pished this league last season and they're one point outside the playoffs in the Championship. We've kept two clean sheets and would've taken 4 points if they were league games despite missing two guys I'd consider nailed on starters in Hall and Longridge.

Hopefully the TV money from the Hearts game can be used to get another body in this week.