The Falkirk FC Thread

If it's one in and one out then we're running with a squad of 19 for the rest of the season?

Still feels a bit light but i suppose with no reseve team you cant have too many players not playing any competitive games.

I dont think McShane will go to Queens Park, he was in a championship winning side a couple of years ago and a team in that league will probably take him on.

Did someone not mention QotS during the week that would probably make a bit of sense.
I don't know if there's any substance to it. Folk are probably just looking at the fact he used to play for us and AJ managed him when he had arguably his best spell for us.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
Did someone not mention QotS during the week that would probably make a bit of sense.

I don't know if there's any substance to it. Folk are probably just looking at the fact he used to play for us and AJ managed him when he had arguably his best spell for us.

Theres a player in there just the trouble is when i have seen him play he looks as if he would rather be anywhere else than on the park.  he hasnt been helped when he has come into Falkirk with arguably one of our worst or most delusional managers in RM and some of the worst and overated players (Tidser for one)

28 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

If it's one in and one out then we're running with a squad of 19 for the rest of the season?

Still feels a bit light but i suppose with no reseve team you cant have too many players not playing any competitive games.

I dont think McShane will go to Queens Park, he was in a championship winning side a couple of years ago and a team in that league will probably take him on.

Not so long ago McShane was in the league cup winning Ross County team,  sure he has more in the tank than Queens Park and I doubt 4th tier will be for him.

His failure to roll up his sleeves with us has been his downfall, I'm sure that's not his game tho. I never rated him at QoS and that's not changed with us.

I think we have a good bunch of players now who are fighting for the greater good as one.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Give M&M a lot of credit, changed our system and apart from the usual slow start, thought we were very good. Team spirit clearly on show today and  puzzling why we seem to take 15/20 minutes to warm up. Decent starts from the newbies and thought with Sammon off were a better front unit. Let’s hope we can carry this form till season end, we shouldn’t be far away.

Admittedly yes we were slow to start but you can say in that 15 -20 mins Forfar tried to make a game of it in fact they did break up play pretty well after the 2nd goal went in they capitulated if it wasnt for McCallum it could have got a lot worse and in fairness 6-0 wasnt a reflection on their keeper as he had a decent game.  The good thing is we never eased off we kept looking to add to the goals instead of thinking job done .

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

It was me. Believe the hold up is due to the wages he’s on at Falkirk vs what he’s being offered at QotS.

If he wants away then he is going to need to be realistic with his wage demands though no one wants lose money especially with a move but he needs to realise he is out of contract in the Summer and might not get a move he wants, he might not get the money he wants but this is the problem we have been to happy to give players a pay off and send them on there way and this is where its bit us in the arse we arent flush for cash, playing in the third tier but to ease him off the wages bill we need to pay him off when we might as well just not play him till  the end of the season it might be cheaper.

If he wants away then he is going to need to be realistic with his wage demands though no one wants lose money especially with a move but he needs to realise he is out of contract in the Summer and might not get a move he wants, he might not get the money he wants but this is the problem we have been to happy to give players a pay off and send them on there way and this is where its bit us in the arse we arent flush for cash, playing in the third tier but to ease him off the wages bill we need to pay him off when we might as well just not play him till  the end of the season it might be cheaper.

I think it makes sense for him to go now and play at championship level at a club he was well liked it at rather than sit on the bench for a third tier club. You saw how long it took for to get Longridge over the line with wage demands, could be another situation like that.

35 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Also he could probably bag an 18 month deal at a club so would make sense to go this window and he’s secured his future for longer. Sitting on the bench for us isn’t going to attract anyone other than queens as they’ll take anyone back.

I think the sit with McShane might be a case of see how much he can get from us hes not in the pecking order but like i say we have paid off far too many players the past 2 seasons, its how much of a pay off does he get from us.

The biggest thing that will have been taken from that game will be in the player heads.

Bouncing into training tomorrow, all smiles with a lets get stuck in attitude. Post match analysis on what could have been done better and what as done well and could be improved on. Should put a team on the park next game ready to come out the traps all guns blazing.

On the back of a win like that your confidence is up. M&M deserve credit for their man management skills in achieving that.

It's one cracking result but let's not get over cocky but its a cheery Sunday for once.

Probably frustrated that in general we seem to be slow out the blocks In games, and agree that Forfars ( and most teams) tactics dont help.

It's a case of getting the breakthrough which is always the hardest. As soon as we go a goal up we become immediately more dangerous. If we can keep the door closed at the back then no one in this league is beyond a hiding IMO. Just wish we could dole on out to one of the top three