The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Kenny Miller watching raith today. not sure if that is good or bad for us if he signs for them. they seem to be able to score anyway, it's at the back they seem more vulnerable

They've no.got two pennies to rub together so I'd be amazed if they signed him. More chance of montrose.🤣

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

and Durnan is ?

To give him his due hes been better since the peterhead own goal. Hes obviously been told to just do the basics and stop fannying about. He's never going to be van dyke but when he puts his head through the ball and punts it anywhere when he gets it hes not quite as bad as he was a few weeks back.

M & M making a huge difference. Irrespective of Forfar's deficiencies, and a dull dull dull first half, the team tried to play wide and direct, and quicker, rather than McKinnon's safe & square plod..  The attitude to keep going after the 3rd goal was good to see, & LL's skill for the 6th showed exactly how important he can be.  Actually enjoyed watching us for some of that today, rather than it just being a chore, which is a massive step in the right direction.  

The echoes of the Dumbarton game are enough to give me pause, but there was some proper cavalier stuff in the past twenty, and much as I am not really one for this type of stuff, I had to have a wee laugh at the players celebrating Dixons goal. They definitely enjoyed themselves, and I hope that marries up with the higher effort and commitment levels we have seen of late.

I think this team is capable of a run that leaves us wondering what all the worry was about but it absolutely has to include wins against those around us. If we can win our next games against Raith/Airdrie/EF it will be put to bed.

Having said that though, the pull away for us/Raith has already begun.

To give him his due hes been better since the peterhead own goal. Hes obviously been told to just do the basics and stop fannying about. He's never going to be van dyke but when he puts his head through the ball and punts it anywhere when he gets it hes not quite as bad as he was a few weeks back.
Dick?

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Sounds right

'When a match which is postponed, drawn, or abandoned, is played or replayed, only those players who were eligible by means of their registration, pursuant to the Registration Procedures, at the date fixed for originally playing the Round, may play'.

So neither hilson or wighton can play.