The Falkirk FC Thread

Pretty happy with yesterdays business.

Laverty signing till 2021 and going on loan seems like a good option for all parties. He cant be on much money and we can now see what he's like as a player.

Tidser at the club was a farce, hopefully the last player we pay off with such a big deal.

McLean wasnt good enough.

Losing McManus would be a disaster so im glad we sorted it. Ross County are within their rights to recall so i guess it's just part of the game.

Need fullback cover in. I think Gary Miller can play RB but if Dixon gets injured I've no idea who plays there. Plus Doyle hasnt been fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Miller is way behind those two now IMO. He is done

Miller got a new deal at a top flight team in the summer and Sammon and McMillan got jettisoned to our rabble. Miller might well be fourth choice but to say he is "way behind" guys like Sammon and McMillan is pretty strong. You can argue about his injury record but if all four are fully fit then it's a lot closer than you're making out. 

None of them are close to McManus so any injury there could end up sinking us. I'd like to see Longridge played just off him through the middle.

If he was doing poorly on a season long deal we would want to send him back, aye, but nobody would be clamouring to reduce his wages, let's be honest here.

Folk really are thick. If he was doing shite on a 'season long' deal the same folk would be asking to reduce the wages or offload in this window. Brilliant bit of business and the most logical by some distance. 

Miller got a new deal at a top flight team in the summer and Sammon and McMillan got jettisoned to our rabble. Miller might well be fourth choice but to say he is "way behind" guys like Sammon and McMillan is pretty strong. You can argue about his injury record but if all four are fully fit then it's a lot closer than you're making out. 
None of them are close to McManus so any injury there could end up sinking us. I'd like to see Longridge played just off him through the middle.

I was speaking to someone who saw him in two games (whose judgement I trust) early in the Autumn against under 20’s and he said he was miles off the pace, not winning anything in the air and being dominated by kids.

TBF on Miller if he thought he would be a better option than the others he would be in the team. It will have to be a real emergency IMO for Miller to get any game time.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I was speaking to someone who saw him in two games (whose judgement I trust) early in the Autumn against under 20’s and he said he was miles off the pace, not winning anything in the air and being dominated by kids.

TBF on Miller if he thought he would be a better option than the others he would be in the team. It will have to be a real emergency IMO for Miller to get any game time.

Dominated by an under 20 !!

Sure your source hasn’t been watching John Whittingdale ??

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Buchanan dropped for Hall, Durnan stays in emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Get tae fucking f**k

Miller said last night there were a couple of the players with niggles and would assess it today to see what he has, why is it the wrong player gets a niggle.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Any different from Rangers recalling McCrorie early from QOS only to send him to Livi? Or Kiltie recalled early to go back to Killie to play? Or when Motherwell recalled MacLean last year from Morton to sell him to you? The whole point of the recall option is to reassess, particularly if things are going well, or if there is financial benefit to it.

Doing well, parent club decides to capitalise with a recall to their first team, a recall to send to a higher level, or a recall to send somewhere that recoups more of his wages.

That's the risk of loan deals.

The fact Falkirk entertained the renegotiation rather than losing the player shows how important McManus is to your hopes and how much Ross County had you over a barrel with how difficult it can be to sign a replacement goalscorer.

It was probably either that or Goodwillie.

Which just confirms to me that season long loan deals are a waste of time as your really only signing till january. Better to say hed signed till january and then we'll see what happens.