The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:
6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:
He will still be able to jump higher than Sammon, and probably beat him in a foot race. 

I'm assuming you haven't watched Sammon this season?

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:
He will still be able to jump higher than Sammon, and probably beat him in a foot race. 

I'm assuming you haven't watched Sammon this season?

I have and id still back BSLM to beat him. Sammon is woeful

2 hours ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Don't think so, do you not read the papers?  now we've gone full time, playing squad is being bankrolled by Lord haughey

Signing two injury prone players on full time wages on 500+ crowds and having Ray McKinnon as manager. 

Sounds a foolproof plan

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Not strange at all getting paid 100 quid a week more min

Name me another full time player dropping two divisions to sign for 4th tier team.

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

is that 3 in 5 out so far?

de vita, hall, Todd

Johnstone, Laverty, tidser, McLean, Moore.

Really 5 bench warmers or injury prone players out.

Toshney also left, really only 1st team player out

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

is that 3 in 5 out so far?

de vita, hall, Todd

Johnstone, Laverty, tidser, McLean, Moore.

You missed out Toshney.

We ended December with 22 players and now have 19. 

Looking at it from a purely numerical point of view, I suspect BPM may be correct in terms of more arrivals being unlikely.  The squad size is probably just about right as it means that all signed players will be stripped every Saturday with BSLM available to fill the bench if someone is injured.

Anyone else who comes in who would be an emergency bench filler unless of course there are further departures. Trialists are a cheaper option for that and there are usually one or two around the club at any given time.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If there’s a way to do things badly, we’ll find the way to do it.

Wonder how much it’s cos us for Tidser’s 14 games ?

If we hadn't stumped up and ross county recalled him then we'd be up in arms.  Well done FFC for securing him for the remainder of the season

21 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Tidser gone, that's £1500 a week saved. ;) 

No matter the wage, we will have paid him to go as we don't have a bargaining tool in our favour with him having 18 month remaining

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If there’s a way to do things badly, we’ll find the way to do it.

Hold on, you can’t blame anyone for what’s happened with McManus. He’s been dynamite and we’ve done what’s needed to keep him. Nothing was done wrong there. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Hold on, you can’t blame anyone for what’s happened with McManus. He’s been dynamite and we’ve done what’s needed to keep him. Nothing was done wrong there. 

I think he is more thinking about Tidser going and the waste of a wage basically

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Name me another full time player dropping two divisions to sign for 4th tier team.

It happens all the time at all levels.  Nathan Austin ICT to Kelty, Adam Rooney moving from the SPL to the fifth tier in England, proven Premier League players going to China, Nicky Low went from Aberdeen to QOS to the Shire 😂. The top end of the junior game is littered with guys who could be playing league football and I’m sure there’s a million other examples. 

Players go to whoever is prepared to pay the money. 

The people on the purse strings were held to ransom by County (as is their right)

Miller and Cracks presumably then would be asked to weight up blowing part or all of the budget on keeping him versus using said budget to replace him.

It's a long established fact that January is a hard market and getting goals is even harder.

At the very worst, you could say we have took a gamble, if you wanted to be critical.

If you want to be realistic, we had no option. You dont let someone on form leave unless you have no option.

1 minute ago, mic_17_uk said:
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Miller is done. If he plays it will be when we have the lot on the treatment table

No doubt. But I can't see them signing a forward with the number of strikers we have already. Unless MacMillan is shipped out...

Agreed, longridge can also play up front. We've got plenty unless as you say McMillan departs