The Falkirk FC Thread

Ross County are laughing here. We had him on a season long loan, scores a few goals, other teams show an interest , Ross County say stump up or we’ll recall him (within their rights) and we’ve been held to a random. Be interesting to see how much more we’re paying.

As much as I feel we've been conned here, I think he's worth the extra outlay so happy all round

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yeah. Presumably we've just been conned into paying more cash to guarantee he stays rather than being sold.

Ross County held all the cards on this. It was a seasons loan but with all these there would be a recall clause.

They used that clause and negotiated in the best interests of the club.

There was no conn about it and nobody should have an issue with them doing it.

It is the best signing of the transfer window. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Wonder how much it’s cos us for Tidser’s 14 games ?

A decent sum, no doubt, considering he was one of our highest earners and on a two year contract. The incompetence and pishing away of cash goes on apace. His lack of opportunity has been scandalous when set against the chance after chance after chance afforded to utter dross like Durnan, Doyle, Telfer, Sammon, McMillan. Hopefully we'll get a proper signing or two now, not the filler crap signed up to now (Todd apart). A creative midfielder is a must.

Ross County held all the cards on this. It was a seasons loan but with all these there would be a recall clause.
They used that clause and negotiated in the best interests of the club.
There was no conn about it and nobody should have an issue with them doing it.
It is the best signing of the transfer window. 

Yip I think they bluffed is , he has no track record of scoring other than against part timers. Still if he continues to bang them in and we go up every ones a winner!

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

A decent sum, no doubt, considering he was one of our highest earners and on a two year contract. The incompetence and pishing away of cash goes on apace. His lack of opportunity has been scandalous when set against the chance after chance after chance afforded to utter dross like Durnan, Doyle, Telfer, Sammon, McMillan. Hopefully we'll get a proper signing or two now, not the filler crap signed up to now (Todd apart). A creative midfielder is a must.

Could be a reason such as poor trainer/bad attitude etc.

I agree he wasn’t really given the opportunity to shine though.

If it’s tidser we should easily be able to get another couple really good players in.

Get Hendry from Rovers.

Personally think we need cover up front and defensively but I think we won’t do any more.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Personally think we need cover up front and defensively but I think we won’t do any more.

What makes you say that? McCracken reported yesterday that he was looking for 1 or 2 more but needed to get the same out the door to do that.

BSLM has said on a few occasions that he sees himself as emergency forward cover. We have 3 or 4 strikers (counting Louis) already.

Full back is the only place I'd look at now if Hall is an improvement on the current CBs

Depending on how the books balance Tidser and MacLean away, can't imagine Laverty's contract will be much. Anyone's guess how much we are now paying for part or all of McManus contract, in my opinion we are still short in defence and will need to wrap McManus in cotton wool cos neither Sammon or McMillan will score enough. 

What makes you say that? McCracken reported yesterday that he was looking for 1 or 2 more but needed to get the same out the door to do that.

Just an opinion. Nothing factual

BSLM has said on a few occasions that he sees himself as emergency forward cover. We have 3 or 4 strikers (counting Louis) already.

Full back is the only place I'd look at now if Hall is an improvement on the current CBs

Miller is done. If he plays it will be when we have the lot on the treatment table