The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

on the cup thread but the replay winner plays hearts live on BBC Saturday 8th Feb at 7.20pm

Ah for fucks sake.

Horrible time for game

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Bang goes another player who we will have gave cash to go, it's happening far too often.

Might have moved for nowt if he is getting a game, a decent wage and/or a longer term deal at QP. I would imagine we've had to give him something though.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Might have moved for nowt if he is getting a game, a decent wage and/or a longer term deal at QP. I would imagine we've had to give him something though.

No chance it hasn't cost us again, he is going to a part time club and it makes zero sense for him to go without pay off.

The key scenario is he was released aka asked to fuk off and we will give you a percentage of your money.

Any idea what position this guy plays?

Left back in the dressing room. Seriously, we have seen precious little of him. He will be your luxury player I suppose.

Bit of talent, but never applied in any great way. L2 might be the making of him provided no-one is allowed to tackle him hard or call him bad names.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye it’s pish. Wonder what the fee is from BBC ?

What’s wrong with it really? Would have preferred 3pm obviously but think it’s the best of the TV slots available.

Keen to know moneys made from it being on TV. Presume not much.

22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What’s wrong with it really? Would have preferred 3pm obviously but think it’s the best of the TV slots available.

Keen to know moneys made from it being on TV. Presume not much.

Saturday night 7.20pm is just horrible, we live in Scotland and not the European countries where late kick offs are acceptable. The last one at Dundee killed the crowd, sure it was mentioned more Broxburn fans away to St Mirren than Dundee fans. A crowd of 2407 at that game tells its own story. We won't slump to that figure but the TV will hurt more than if it was any of the other slots.

If successful on Tuesday ticket prices will determine how close we are to it being a sell out.

Edited by MrDust

Saturday night 7.20pm is just horrible, we live in Scotland and not the European countries where late kick offs are acceptable. The last one at Dundee killed the crowd, sure it was mentioned more Broxburn fans away to St Mirren than Dundee fans. A crowd of 2407 at that game tells its own story. We won't slump to that figure but the TV will hurt more than if it was any of the other slots.
If successful on Tuesday ticket prices will determine how close we are to it being a sell out.

As shite as the time is, the Dundee attendance is probably a lot to do with their honkin form. Pretty sure they were boycotting because of the board etc too

4 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

As shite as the time is, the Dundee attendance is probably a lot to do with their honkin form. Pretty sure they were boycotting because of the board etc too

Pretty much.

The fact that we were running a deal at a reduced cost if they got their tickets before our game against Ayr (Which ended up postponed) didn't help either.

47 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hmmm, there’s not much content there as to actually why it’s terrible? For me it’s a slight inconvenience, would prefer it was 3, but a lot better then a Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

On it all day or do something else during the day depending on your persuasion, then back home/out by 9pm after the game. Not a disaster imo 

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hmmm, there’s not much content there as to actually why it’s terrible? For me it’s a slight inconvenience, would prefer it was 3, but a lot better then a Friday night or Sunday afternoon.

On it all day or do something else during the day depending on your persuasion, then back home/out by 9pm after the game. Not a disaster imo 

Saturday afternoon or even Sunday afternoon (team depending) is set out for football for a lot of fans, Saturday 7.20pm isn't, which many will have other stuff planned.

I'm ok with Friday night even Sunday but Saturday isnt for me in the UK.

Ps I can't make it on said Saturday if we go through but could make the league game against East Fife but aside that I still think it's a horrific timeslot.

For whatever reason it just be ever worked out. Glad he’s gone now will have been on a huge wage for us and was something like 6th choice central midfielder so good to free up the wage to hopefully get another couple of players in. Only downside I can think of is maybe this means McShane might stay for cover which would be terrible news.

Hopefully his and MacLeans wages can be used to bring in another striker and some defensive cover.