The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Losing the academy was bad.

Stainrod, Crunchie and Latapy were good players for us.

Just a short recap for the past umpteen pages in case anyone was wondering what’s been happening.

You forgot to mention Durnan made team of the week which has been highlighted as well.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He was known to be in the 1066 bar at 5pm with the rest of the fans.

There was a story doing the rounds that a guy, who had been at Brockville watching the match, left the ground at full time, went staright to the pub and Willie (who apparently wasn't best known for personal hygiene) was already sitting in the corner quietly drinking with the imprint of the ball on his forehead! :lol:

Oor great keeper Willie used to bemoan the papers getting the spelling of his name wrong virtually every week. I had interviewed him for an article in Bairns book some 20 years ago, and so I made sure the submission to the printers was correct. When printed, for whatever reason, it had been changed, and the spelling was wrong. Just for the record, he was Willie Whigham.

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Greatest 90 mins in Navy Blue?
Colin Samuel in the cup re Hearts. Fantastic

For me it was Crunchie v Hertz in the Scottish Cup semi at Ibrox.

He tore them apart and scored a world class Messi like screamer.

An absolute travesty he was on the losing side that day and much to do with us having Neil Berry in defence.

He got man of the match and when interviewed upon presentation on tv he was asked if it made up for losing that match.

Crunchie just death-stared at him and said something like "You're kidding right?"   

Only Crunchie would get a regular game in today’s version of the game. The Stairods and Latapys have been pretty much nullified.

What a load of bollocks today’s opposition nullify Simon or latapy your having a laugh mate!!

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s what was said when they dumped the Academy. Gone well that

I am not an advocate for that mob I despise those that have ran us in to the ground, my comments are from a personal point of view not a shared vision of their awful failures. 

2 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Signed for QP. What type of player we getting ?

Bit of pace but has been injured most of the time and apart from 10/15 mins v Airdrie as a sub (went off injured again) cannot mind one thing he’s done in a year with us.

Alex Harris type tbh.