The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McCarthy played most of his games for Hamilton in the first division .  They knocked back a number of enquires regarding him before they ever got promoted. If that has been us he would've been away after less than a season.

Yep as 16/17 yr old as championship player, 60 odd games versus 40 odd top league. The big difference is they got promoted and he prove himself as a 18/19 yr old  in the top league that meant Celtic(I'd say also Rangers but the McGeadyiness made it only Celtic) would sign him.

As a 16/17 yr old in the championship Hamilton would've got  what we have in the past, the key is promotion and him showing he can do it with step up and having him tied up 

As for Longridge, makes the squad stronger. We have options on the bench other than the same subs week in week out who were never really challenging the starting 11

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

SPFL team of the week..

I thought Durnan was pretty solid tbh. I don't think there is much talent or ability between either of our centre halves, McCracken now would give both a run for their money

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

Based on what?

He’s been here for over a year, can you remember one meaningful contribution he’s made? He was part of a team that got relegated last year, and even then barely scraped in the first team. Has scored 0 goals in 17 games, didn’t get played by McKinnon and M and M don’t seem to rate him. What makes you think he’s anything but not good enough? 

He’s been here for over a year, can you remember one meaningful contribution he’s made? He was part of a team that got relegated last year, and even then barely scraped in the first team. Has scored 0 goals in 17 games, didn’t get played by McKinnon and M and M don’t seem to rate him. What makes you think he’s anything but not good enough? 

Can recall a few good performances by him, County last game of season was the beat player on the park especially the first half. Livingston betfred cup was good. Was positive and direct against Airdrie when on. Feel like the criticism he gets is unfair when the only time he’s played a fair amount of minutes this league season he’s impressed.

9 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Can recall a few good performances by him, County last game of season was the beat player on the park especially the first half. Livingston betfred cup was good. Was positive and direct against Airdrie when on. Feel like the criticism he gets is unfair when the only time he’s played a fair amount of minutes this league season he’s impressed.

I remember once or twice him getting by his man at airdrie (huge positive) then slicing the ball into the stand from the attempted cross. He’s definitely had a few passable performances, and he is positive which is why he sticks out amongst some of our negative sideways passers in our side, but don’t think he’s better than any of longridge, Connolly, telfer, de vita, Todd, tidser, which is saying something 

22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I remember once or twice him getting by his man at airdrie (huge positive) then slicing the ball into the stand from the attempted cross. He’s definitely had a few passable performances, and he is positive which is why he sticks out amongst some of our negative sideways passers in our side, but don’t think he’s better than any of longridge, Connolly, telfer, de vita, Todd, tidser, which is saying something 

Have you seen a lot of Todd play?

A fair comment. Nah he’s probably not better than them but to say he’s absolutely shite is taking the piss imo. We’ve had worse passengers get away with it.

Ross MacLean had a good debut at Ayr last January, then was playing well against Livi in the cup in the summer before going off injured and had a good 20 minutes against Airdrie last month before again going off injured.

He’s pish. Not offensively pish and I don’t have the same dislike that I have for the likes of McShane, Telfer, Durnan etc... but he’s still not good enough. He’s a slightly faster version of David Smith.

Ross MacLean had a good debut at Ayr last January, then was playing well against Livi in the cup in the summer before going off injured and had a good 20 minutes against Airdrie last month before again going off injured.

He’s pish. Not offensively pish and I don’t have the same dislike that I have for the likes of McShane, Telfer, Durnan etc... but he’s still not good enough. He’s a slightly faster version of David Smith.

Sums it up for me.