The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Can Todd play as a number 10?

More an 8 I think but certainly an attacking midfielder.

You're really wanting Longridge to play as a number 10 linking the mid with McManus . Todd played wide with Queens quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Agreed but if McMillan is our solution to McManus being recalled then we're in trouble.

Perhaps. We should be actively looking for another striker for as long as it takes before Mcmanus signs anyway.  Do we actually know whether we can cancel McMillans loan anyway. Some deals it needs all parties to agree and then there's the ones we seem to sign.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm not sure I would do anything till McManus's future is confirmed.

McManus was loaned to us by Ross County to give him game time and a chance to put himself in the shop window. To be fair to the guy he has done the business and showed the right attitude on the park. In particular when we don't have the ball, his work rate cannot be faulted.

If Ross County get an offer then he will be off. It was always so !

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McManus was loaned to us by Ross County to give him game time and a chance to put himself in the shop window. To be fair to the guy he has done the business and showed the right attitude on the park. In particular when we don't have the ball, his work rate cannot be faulted.

If Ross County get an offer then he will be off. It was always so !

I'm still no fan of these season long loan deals that arent really season long loan deals.  Very difficult to plan ahead when you are coming towards the end of a window and you still dont know whats happening with one of your most important players. To me in future we should be ensuring that if we're signing these the clause is that the loan can only be cancelled at the agreement of all 3 parties.  I very much doubt anyone will offer County anything for McManus anyway if they can get him for heehaw in a few months.

7 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
You're really wanting Longridge to play as a number 10 linking the mid with McManus . Todd played wide with Queens quite a bit.

It's encouraging that Longridge, Todd, Connelly and even Da Vita can play in all those positions behind the striker.

Telfer aswell.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Mutch

Doyle Buchanan Hall Dixon

Miller Gomis

Todd Longridge Connolly

McManus

Just De Vita swap for me.

Mutch

Doyle  B'nan  Hall  Dixon

Miller  Gomis         

Todd  L'ridge  De Vita

McManus 

1 minute ago, Super Tuesday said:

Just De Vita swap for me.

Mutch

Doyle  B'nan  Hall  Dixon

Miller  Gomis         

Todd  L'ridge  De Vita

McManus 

The lack of pace in that side is a bit scary for me. All very slow and one paced apart from mcmanus.

Absolutely respect your thoughts on this however we aren't anywhere near the level of our own premiership teams let alone those down south. As for identifying with players, a few aside, we didn't hold on to them long enough for that and the ones we did were still given shit from some of our support (I remember hearing some of the shouts at Sibbald which were totally out of order). 
As a previous poster had stated the funding would have stopped from the SFA when we lost out 'elite' status. 
The MSG are the core problem at the club the repetitive theme from their disastrous spell is really unforgiving. Fans of any other club would have run these owners out of town. 

The funding would not have disappeared without elite status. It would have been lower however. If you tick all the boxes for the level under elite level you get 80k in SFA grants

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If he could avoid silly yellow cards and needless injuries there could be a place for McLean in that lineup.

He looked good when he came on at Airdrie

McLean should barely even make our bench now. He’s looked *passable* in around 60 minutes of football for us, first half v ayr in his debut and 30 mins v airdrie. 

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm still no fan of these season long loan deals that arent really season long loan deals.  Very difficult to plan ahead when you are coming towards the end of a window and you still dont know whats happening with one of your most important players. To me in future we should be ensuring that if we're signing these the clause is that the loan can only be cancelled at the agreement of all 3 parties.  I very much doubt anyone will offer County anything for McManus anyway if they can get him for heehaw in a few months.

Agree ! But the club holding his contract call the shots which is fair enough. We were in the situation where it was a take it or leave it.

These agreements should a be a last resort. Got a feeling he will be on his way though - hope I am wrong.