The Falkirk FC Thread

It might be the case that this is going to be a slow process. Back The Bairns should start up with or without the clubs support and start saving money to be ready when shares become available. There will be less pledges I'm sure but it gets things started.

Thing is, initiatives like BtB tend to need a clear and present danger to really get any traction.
The first BtB was born out of provisional liquidation. You need an end of level baddie to defeat. Now, the MSG might seem to be that baddie in many people’s minds, but they are not allowing the fight to take place because the club isn’t up for sale.

Successful business people cannot give credence to anyone or anything being able to do it better than them. They won’t apologise because to do that, they would have to admit to having gotten things wrong time and time again. It isn’t going to happen.

The only thing that will shift (most) of them, is lots and lots of money.

31 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Absolutely respect your thoughts on this however we aren't anywhere near the level of our own premiership teams let alone those down south. As for identifying with players, a few aside, we didn't hold on to them long enough for that and the ones we did were still given shit from some of our support (I remember hearing some of the shouts at Sibbald which were totally out of order). 

As a previous poster had stated the funding would have stopped from the SFA when we lost out 'elite' status. 

The MSG are the core problem at the club the repetitive theme from their disastrous spell is really unforgiving. Fans of any other club would have run these owners out of town. 

The funding wouldnt have stopped without elite status it just wouldnt have been as much.  You just cut your cloth to suit the budget you have. Look at Raith who have hardly a two pennies to rub together. Not even in the second tier and yet they are producing good young players like Tait and Bowie.  I agree that now is not the time to resurrect the academy but once we are out of this league we should be looking to get some sort of youth system resurrected as soon as possible,

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We had an academy with a great name of giving youth a chance pre Houston but it would take years to get that back again, I'd like to have smaller set up of some sort and a reserve team but biggest the issue is getting out this league, so it's the least of our issues for now.

I don't think MR or Sandy Alexander want to sell, both don't see £ signs like others will and will probably remain in some capacity forever.

Two extremely successful men in business and not replicating that in the roulette world of football,tbh they have had odds stacked in their favour and failed last season and started this season similar and obviously failed with McKinnon. This year academy sale normal get out will be if M&M achieve what a good manager would've done with our budget available.

The MSG helps them hide behind who is fully to blame tho, can we really pin on who is fully to blame for our fuk ups ?

I dont have any idea of what the goings on are within the club but for some reason i just dont get the feeling those 2 are the biggest issue tbh in the MSG but if they arent then the others need to step aside as mentioned the 2 of them have been successful in business. All the disastrous decisions seem to have been short term clutching at straws type  fixes at the problems.

Absolutely respect your thoughts on this however we aren't anywhere near the level of our own premiership teams let alone those down south. As for identifying with players, a few aside, we didn't hold on to them long enough for that and the ones we did were still given shit from some of our support (I remember hearing some of the shouts at Sibbald which were totally out of order). 

There are very few teams that can hold onto a player for a long time, there are always influences to other teams and rebuilding jobs happen at every level.

I would rather have a home grown player for one season and they go on to better themselves than never have them at all as disappointing as that can be at times.

Some of the expectations on Sibbald were ridiculous and I bet those you heard would have him back in an instant. When you deal with the general public just look at how high a percentage you wouldn’t have a pint with, they tend to be loudest voice you hear imo.

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The funding wouldnt have stopped without elite status it just wouldnt have been as much.  You just cut your cloth to suit the budget you have. Look at Raith who have hardly a two pennies to rub together. Not even in the second tier and yet they are producing good young players like Tait and Bowie.  I agree that now is not the time to resurrect the academy but once we are out of this league we should be looking to get some sort of youth system resurrected as soon as possible,

If you read back on my posts I have said that some form of youth or community set up is required, just not an academy style set up. I have also said that if/when we get back to the premier league we can start to look at the nice to have's so we agree on that point. 

36 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Successful business people cannot give credence to anyone or anything being able to do it better than them. They won’t apologise because to do that, they would have to admit to having gotten things wrong time and time again. It isn’t going to happen.

The only thing that will shift (most) of them, is lots and lots of money.

There is no proof that someone can do better than current board/MSG.

I'd like to say they can't do any worse but that's not holds no proof either.

The MSG set up is the equivalent of paying a hitman to kill, the hitman did the killing and the decision makers arent held responsible.

The likes of MR and SA aren't interested in money, the rest would.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I dont have any idea of what the goings on are within the club but for some reason i just dont get the feeling those 2 are the biggest issue tbh in the MSG but if they arent then the others need to step aside as mentioned the 2 of them have been successful in business. All the disastrous decisions seem to have been short term clutching at straws type  fixes at the problems.

Very few do know the ins and outs of the club, if we had one singular person making most of our decisions then we would be able to point a finger but as it stands the MSG hides behind either a chairperson or a Craig Campbell. The overall decision is being passed by the MSG but no individual(s)are to blame fully.

As far as I know the MSG was formed to protect the club but recent years for me has harmed it but who can really say who is to blame ?

8 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

There are very few teams that can hold onto a player for a long time, there are always influences to other teams and rebuilding jobs happen at every level.

I would rather have a home grown player for one season and they go on to better themselves than never have them at all as disappointing as that can be at times.

Some of the expectations on Sibbald were ridiculous and I bet those you heard would have him back in an instant. When you deal with the general public just look at how high a percentage you wouldn’t have a pint with, they tend to be loudest voice you hear imo.

The problem is that when the academy was at its strongest we weren't in a decent enough financial position to keep hold of players longer.  We needed the money to survive after crashing out the top flight so players were being sold off after a handful of games to the first substantial bid that came in.  Compare that to Hamilton who were able to keep hold of the likes of McCarthy for a good few seasons and then get a huge fee for him as they could afford to do that as they weren't in the shit.

3 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

If you read back on my posts I have said that some form of youth or community set up is required, just not an academy style set up. I have also said that if/when we get back to the premier league we can start to look at the nice to have's so we agree on that point. 

The foundation is there already.   To me Craig Campbell with his foot in both camps saw an opportunity .  Close the academy and see his original baby the foundation blossom as the only real youth football programme under the falkirk umbrella.  And thats basically whats happened. Problem is you're very unlikely to get the players of the required standard hanging about long in the foundation as they all get poached by the proper academies.

Shows how far we’ve fallen when folk on the Facebook pages are creaming themselves at Longridge signing on until the end of the season. He is the stereotypical Journeyman.

Folk on the Facebook pages are happy clapping morons who have yet to recover from the failure of their hero Mark Campbell to take us over and lead us to Champions League glory.
Also COYB etc

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem is that when the academy was at its strongest we weren't in a decent enough financial position to keep hold of players longer.  We needed the money to survive after crashing out the top flight so players were being sold off after a handful of games to the first substantial bid that came in.  Compare that to Hamilton who were able to keep hold of the likes of McCarthy for a good few seasons and then get a huge fee for him as they could afford to do that as they weren't in the shit.

Hamilton had rising players when in championship causing interest, whom were under contract in top league had more bargaining tools when performed league above.

The Hamilton business model is similar to what ours was, in that top league money  can keep you cash positive whereas championship youth sale(s)keeps you cash positive. 

As far as I can recall, we never sold academy players whilst in the top league(big money ones)

It's a balancing act championship or below having available players to play.

We are a hurting the club being strictly full time squad only with no reserve league, having 4-6 players sucking thumbs with zero football.

10 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen when folk on the Facebook pages are creaming themselves at Longridge signing on until the end of the season. He is the stereotypical Journeyman.

Hoping he is hungry, the signings of de Vita and Todd make it not a given he starts.

I'd like to see him up top tbh, Saturday was another Sammon and McManus no link show as been seen in most weeks

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hamilton had rising players when in championship causing interest, whom were under contract in top league had more bargaining tools when performed league above.

The Hamilton business model is similar to what ours was, in that top league money  can keep you cash positive whereas championship youth sale(s)keeps you cash positive. 

As far as I can recall, we never sold academy players whilst in the top league(big money ones)

It's a balancing act championship or below having available players to play.

We are a hurting the club being strictly full time squad only with no reserve league, having 4-6 players sucking thumbs with zero football.

McCarthy played most of his games for Hamilton in the first division .  They knocked back a number of enquires regarding him before they ever got promoted. If that has been us he would've been away after less than a season.