The Falkirk FC Thread

Would rather have lovejoy back he left and done well in the spfl for County. Todd left thinking he was going to spfl and has ended up in 1st Div...
That's harsh. It was another manager who signed Todd for Dundee. McPake obviously isn't keen on him. Regardless of where he is now his bank balance will be in better shape than had he stayed with us.

He's slow, he's not very strong, he can be anonymous st times but he can be a game winner. Glad he's off the books as he wasn't fancied. Too much of a passenger, but a cracking cross. One of those that if you build around his weaknesses he'll create a ton for you.

Good old wide midfielder in a 442 I take it?
Aye he'd go out wide in there. He had a good spell for us driving through the middle (wasn't 442 mind) but given what someone else has said on here I assume he's been brought in to play out wide.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:28, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh dear, is that yet another player we took away from Morton ? :lol:

Banter aside though, I think it's significant that not only has he been given an 18 month deal but there's a quote from Cracks talking about him being a big part of the plans for next season.

That would suggest the board are already considering extending their tenure beyond the summer and have given them the green light to plan accordingly.

36 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Banter aside though, I think it's significant that not only has he been given an 18 month deal but there's a quote from Cracks talking about him being a big part of the plans for next season.

That would suggest the board are already considering extending their tenure beyond the summer and have given them the green light to plan accordingly.

You had to ruin it with that bit, even if i was just fooling myself with a glimmer of hope we might have a new owner.

Ah well mediocrity here we come/are

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Think he'll be a valuable asset in League One. For us he had talent that was notable, but just seemed to struggle at our level. Also not McPake's player, so wasn't in his plans going forward. I think he'll do a good job down there.

I remember reading something similar about Haber

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

"He's a big part of the plans for next season and stuff like that" 

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I am certain that their hope is we win the league this season and everyone just forgets about all the years of mismanagement and plods along in compliance.

If you compared Josh Todd's career to date with McShane  (having never seen either) then you'd put your money on McShane being the better player.  Todd has had two good moves to Dundee and St Mirren and not managed more than 20 games with either before being shipped out.  

He may well provide the crosses we need to get out of League 1 but he's another we're stuck with next year if he's not up to the Championship.  I know he has played for QOS but I think what this season has shown is that picking up players from the likes of QOS and Morton (even their best ones) s not a brilliant plan.  

I will reserve judgement on any player we sign till we see him in a navy jersey.

So far M&M signings have played for about 30
Minutes in total and contributed little, not that they may in time, but feet on the ground with them all. Look how well our ex-Morton signings have been for us.