The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The comparison to the late 70's and now is uncanny.

Board with no money or unwilling to find any. Squad of full of jobbers picking up a wage. No youth team. All to look forward to in the next season was hope against hope for some gems in the free transfers. All that is needed is 5 full timers and the rest part time and there we are back to 77 !

No if's or but's we must go up this season and for the sake of the fans health - as champions !

We're now getting 4,000 regularly in a modern stadium with the biggest budget in the league so I get bit irked when comparisons are made but understand your point.

Craig Campbell (and now Gary Deans) have tried to contextualise our current standing by looking at historical positions but they never mention it was when we were part time with crowds under 1,200 in a dilapidated stadium...  Brockville was always the reason given for holding us back yet here we are! 

Limited memories of him, but he certainly hasn’t figured in any “point and laugh” moments featuring an opposition player. He played in the horrendous 0-3 game last season, and didn’t feature when we returned the favour late on in this season, so on that alone, he is ahead on points. Here’s hoping he is a wee upgrade on what we already have, and (hopefully) soon to unload.

What's his position? I dont really remember him either.
Out wide or through the middle but I think wide is his best position. If he gets a run of games he'll breeze it in League 1. I thought he was hot and cold for a spell with us but once he found his feet he was one of our most important players.