The Falkirk FC Thread

He does ok if theres a decent winger for him to support. His fitness and tenacity can cover up for a lack of skill. He can get up there and win possession back through sheer will rather than skill. If theres someone he can just give the ball to then he can actually help to carve out decent chances. He also can stretch defences by just having the engine to constantly overlap and just keep doing it even if he doesnt get the ball. His engine is an asset that can be useful, if he is used right. You just dont want him out there alone.

I recall him and Connolly doing well in a couple of games when Connolly played in front of Doyle.

44 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

As long as Mutch is producing the goods on the field then Bell has time on his side to heal, as mentioned defence is last of the problems at the moment if we go up then it needs work/rebuilt Durnan.  Would like to see the new lad Hall get a start but that means Durnan either getting injured/suspended/red carded or in his case probably all 3 at the same time.

If you look at the games where we played the top 3 coincidentally and am not just saying this but the standard of refereeing was the worst i have seen East Fife/Raith and Airdrie if i am right in saying i think the ref for the Airdrie game was the same as the East Fife game we should have took more but decisions going against us. That being said we should have had a bit more about us to kill those games off but decisions going against didn't help matters.

Look at it from a positive point of view regarding what's good.  Mutch-Gomis-Miller-McManus. One point off the top of the league. Massive goal difference.

Signings must have the potential for being good enough not only to get us promoted but for a promoted team. The larger the squad we have to build on the better.

Just always thought he was more suited to being a winger as couldn't really defend but better at getting forward
I think he is better at getting forward from a deeper position though. When you're playing as a left midfielder then you will have a right back on you 90% of the time, however, when you are attacking from a deeper position there is more chance of you getting space to run into, which I think suits him.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Doyle been played at CB for you? That's where we used him most and thought he was solid. Didn't think he was as effective at RB.

He’s played every minute of the season bar one game where he came off 74th minute.

All of which were at right back/right wingback.

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:

How about Robson playing as a winger? He can certainly cross a ball and was decent at getting to the byeline

Totally different position all together, receiving the ball with back to play most of the time instead of bringing the ball forward Over the half way line.

Much like why Scotland haven’t just stuck Andy Robertson on the wing with Tierney behind him.

I honestly can't figure out our fanbase sometimes, Robson, Rudden and DKD were part of a truly awful team that got us relegated last year (albeit Rudden scored a few goals for us but failed miserably down south). I just don't get why some of these guys get idolised so much. Rudden is decent at Championship level but has only had one good season the other two really weren't anywhere near consistent enough to deserve the rating some give them. 

22 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

I honestly can't figure out our fanbase sometimes, Robson, Rudden and DKD were part of a truly awful team that got us relegated last year (albeit Rudden scored a few goals for us but failed miserably down south). I just don't get why some of these guys get idolised so much. Rudden is decent at Championship level but has only had one good season the other two really weren't anywhere near consistent enough to deserve the rating some give them. 

I think its more to the fact they were the only 3 players that seemed to give a shite in a team full of not giving a shiters, which tends to happen when you become a team of journeymen.

We are so desperate to have an idol. We latch on to anyone half decent. Bit like now with regards to McManus. He’s good at this level but pretty pish once he’s starts playing against full time players.